Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Festival 2021 - Horses Targets/Trainer Quotes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any chance someone could request a TWAR price with Hills for Angels Breath please?

I’m pretty convinced he’d have been by far the best of the British Novice Chasers operating at up to 2m 4f. Hard not to look at the Arkle and Marsh and say he wouldn’t have been involved in the finish?

He’s rated 153, there’s a possibility he could go down the handicap route but I suspect he’ll end up in a graded race, indeed he might have the scope to challenge in the Champion Chase (could he step in if Altior doesn’t make it next year), the Ryanair or even the Gold Cup).
    I suspect the latter is the least likely but he’s a horse whose talented and I want to ensure I’m covered!

Comment

Originally posted by Quevega View Post
      Shishkin 16-1 Champion Hurdle is probably a better value bet than 5-1 Arkle. I reckon.
      Although it's probably wiser to wait till his fences debut. As it may be nearer 20-1 or bigger on exchanges.
      I personally don’t see that, 5/1 Arkle looks the best antepost price available at moment. If your betting on him for CH your betting that Epatante gets injured before Shishkin wins a novice chase. I wudnt back Shishkin at 25/1 for champ hurdle after nickys conments.

Comment

Originally posted by billymag View Post
        I personally don’t see that,
        5/1 Arkle looks the best antepost price available at moment
        . If your betting on him for CH your betting that Epatante gets injured before Shishkin wins a novice chase. I wudnt back Shishkin at 25/1 for champ hurdle after nickys conments.
        Show your workings !

It looks a very likely contender, but 5-1 and such a long way to go, and not jumped a fence yet.
        It's just definitely not the best antepost price available is it ?
        Even if it wins the arkle and goes off 1/3 on, it's still not.
        Take back the comment and all is forgiven.

Comment

'Chantry House certainly looks like he could go chasing and Shishkin we will just have to look and see'.

To me it looks as if he was all over going chasing but has thought about it and reeled back. That said the markets don't reflect that view.

Although my bets are small I have to keep putting myself off taking that 16/1. If he was going Champion Hurdle he would be a similar price to the Arkle.

Comment

Originally posted by Quevega View Post
            Show your workings !

It looks a very likely contender, but 5-1 and such a long way to go, and not jumped a fence yet.
            It's just definitely not the best antepost price available is it ?
            Even if it wins the arkle and goes off 1/3 on, it's still not.
            Take back the comment and all is forgiven.
            If I knew he'd go off 1/3 I'd be taking 5/1 all day
            That would imply he'd definitely have taken to fences though and that's the unknown.

Blanket rule of no single at single figures before NRNB stops me worrying too much about things like this

Comment

Originally posted by kinloch brae View Post
              https://www.attheraces.com/news/2020...eltenham-stars

'Chantry House certainly looks like he could go chasing and Shishkin we will just have to look and see'.

To me it looks as if he was all over going chasing but has thought about it and reeled back. That said the markets don't reflect that view.

Although my bets are small I have to keep putting myself off taking that 16/1. If he was going Champion Hurdle he would be a similar price to the Arkle.
              He'd be a much better bet at 5/1 in the Arkle market than 5/1 (or similar) in the Champion Hurdle market as things stand.

If you do believe he would be corrently priced circa 5/1 in the CH market I can see why you'd be tempted.

I wouldn't fancy him particularly in the Champion Hurdle at that price. Hopefully I'm fast enough to hear the news of where he's being aimed as I'd take double figures for the CH if it was the target as he'd get clipped very quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                If I knew he'd go off 1/3 I'd be taking 5/1 all day
                That would imply he'd definitely have taken to fences though and that's the unknown.

Blanket rule of no single at single figures before NRNB stops me worrying too much about things like this

Good rule.....think i will add that one

Have done really well out of doubles last couple years, so will do plenty of those....but looking back the singles at low prices are littered with disasters (horses not running, races totally changing, etc)
                Fat Jockey Patron (est. Jan 2021)

Comment

BILLYMAG,KINLOCH BRAE,

Judging by NH comments,I get the impression he is unsure about were SHISHKIN goes next season,think if he was so sure he was chaser in the making he would of been more forthright in a decision,to say WE ‘LL POP HIM OVER A FENCE IN THE AUTUMN AND SEE HOW HE GOES,gives me the impression that he may keep him to the CH next year...........just trying to read between the lines....any views..

Comment

Hi gang,
                    One horse to keep on side for Cheltenham next year is another one of NH,MARIES ROCK a real star in the making,best priced 33/1 PP
                    for the MARES HURDLE....

Comment

• Originally posted by Galileo View Post
                      BILLYMAG,KINLOCH BRAE,

Judging by NH comments,I get the impression he is unsure about were SHISHKIN goes next season,think if he was so sure he was chaser in the making he would of been more forthright in a decision,to say WE ‘LL POP HIM OVER A FENCE IN THE AUTUMN AND SEE HOW HE GOES,gives me the impression that he may keep him to the CH next year...........just trying to read between the lines....any views..
                      If he's literally said they'll pop him over a fence, it tells you clear as day what they WANT to do.

They're surely saying he'll be going over a fence unless he's shit at it?!

If he's shit at it, anyone backing him for the Arkle would have done there money anyway

Comment

• There is only 5s left in one place this morning for the Arkle. They won't stay over hurdles if the decision is left with Nicky, and it sounds like it's Nicky's decision to make.

Altior's SP in the Arkle was 2/7. It would be no surprise if Shishkin started somewhere similar.

4pts Shishkin 5/1
                        1pt double Shishkin 5/1, Monkfish 12/1

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                          There is only 5s left in one place this morning for the Arkle. They won't stay over hurdles if the decision is left with Nicky, and it sounds like it's Nicky's decision to make.

Altior's SP in the Arkle was 2/7. It would be no surprise if Shishkin started somewhere similar.

4pts Shishkin 5/1

I noticed this yesterday as well, clipped in a point everywhere apart from Bet 365. Also added a couple of points on myself. Wouldn’t be surprised to see that clipped further over the next couple of days as well, as more people to the same. Its that fear of missing out and the need to jump on before the price gets even shorter !

Comment

• Olly murphy on Racing t.v. site today.... with a few horses getting a mention .
                            said he's got 45 horses in his yard that haven't seen a racecourse this.
                            season , The Bumper's /nov hdls will be full of them.
                            when racing gets going again - his words.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                              There is only 5s left in one place this morning for the Arkle. They won't stay over hurdles if the decision is left with Nicky, and it sounds like it's Nicky's decision to make.

4pts Shishkin 5/1

All gone now

Comment

• Originally posted by BigChaang View Post
                                Olly murphy on Racing t.v. site today.... with a few horses getting a mention .
                                said he's got 45 horses in his yard that haven't seen a racecourse this.
                                season , The Bumper's /nov hdls will be full of them.
                                when racing gets going again - his words.

Olly Murphy is excited to see what his team can achieve next season after enjoying a breakthrough campaign.

Comment

Working...
                                X