Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Apprentice Fat Jockey (3lb claim) OscarWhisky's Avatar
    Any chance someone could request a TWAR price with Hills for Angels Breath please?

Iím pretty convinced heíd have been by far the best of the British Novice Chasers operating at up to 2m 4f. Hard not to look at the Arkle and Marsh and say he wouldnít have been involved in the finish?

Heís rated 153, thereís a possibility he could go down the handicap route but I suspect heíll end up in a graded race, indeed he might have the scope to challenge in the Champion Chase (could he step in if Altior doesnít make it next year), the Ryanair or even the Gold Cup).
    I suspect the latter is the least likely but heís a horse whose talented and I want to ensure Iím covered!

Professional Fat Jockey billymag's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Quevega View Post
    Shishkin 16-1 Champion Hurdle is probably a better value bet than 5-1 Arkle. I reckon.
    Although it's probably wiser to wait till his fences debut. As it may be nearer 20-1 or bigger on exchanges.
    I personally don’t see that, 5/1 Arkle looks the best antepost price available at moment. If your betting on him for CH your betting that Epatante gets injured before Shishkin wins a novice chase. I wudnt back Shishkin at 25/1 for champ hurdle after nickys conments.

Professional Fat Jockey (and self-proclaimed Voice of Reason) Quevega's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by billymag View Post
    I personally donít see that,
    5/1 Arkle looks the best antepost price available at moment
    . If your betting on him for CH your betting that Epatante gets injured before Shishkin wins a novice chase. I wudnt back Shishkin at 25/1 for champ hurdle after nickys conments.
    Show your workings !

It looks a very likely contender, but 5-1 and such a long way to go, and not jumped a fence yet.
    It's just definitely not the best antepost price available is it ?
    Even if it wins the arkle and goes off 1/3 on, it's still not.
    Take back the comment and all is forgiven.

Professional Fat Jockey kinloch brae's Avatar
    https://www.attheraces.com/news/2020...eltenham-stars

'Chantry House certainly looks like he could go chasing and Shishkin we will just have to look and see'.

To me it looks as if he was all over going chasing but has thought about it and reeled back. That said the markets don't reflect that view.

Although my bets are small I have to keep putting myself off taking that 16/1. If he was going Champion Hurdle he would be a similar price to the Arkle.

Champion Fat Jockey (Moderator) Kevloaf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Quevega View Post
    Show your workings !

It looks a very likely contender, but 5-1 and such a long way to go, and not jumped a fence yet.
    It's just definitely not the best antepost price available is it ?
    Even if it wins the arkle and goes off 1/3 on, it's still not.
    Take back the comment and all is forgiven.
    If I knew he'd go off 1/3 I'd be taking 5/1 all day
    That would imply he'd definitely have taken to fences though and that's the unknown.

Blanket rule of no single at single figures before NRNB stops me worrying too much about things like this

Champion Fat Jockey (Moderator) Kevloaf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kinloch brae View Post
    https://www.attheraces.com/news/2020...eltenham-stars

'Chantry House certainly looks like he could go chasing and Shishkin we will just have to look and see'.

To me it looks as if he was all over going chasing but has thought about it and reeled back. That said the markets don't reflect that view.

Although my bets are small I have to keep putting myself off taking that 16/1. If he was going Champion Hurdle he would be a similar price to the Arkle.
    He'd be a much better bet at 5/1 in the Arkle market than 5/1 (or similar) in the Champion Hurdle market as things stand.

If you do believe he would be corrently priced circa 5/1 in the CH market I can see why you'd be tempted.

I wouldn't fancy him particularly in the Champion Hurdle at that price. Hopefully I'm fast enough to hear the news of where he's being aimed as I'd take double figures for the CH if it was the target as he'd get clipped very quickly.

Ante Post Tipping Comp - 2020 winner TigerRolllllll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevloaf View Post
    If I knew he'd go off 1/3 I'd be taking 5/1 all day
    That would imply he'd definitely have taken to fences though and that's the unknown.

Blanket rule of no single at single figures before NRNB stops me worrying too much about things like this

Good rule.....think i will add that one

Have done really well out of doubles last couple years, so will do plenty of those....but looking back the singles at low prices are littered with disasters (horses not running, races totally changing, etc)