Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Top 250 Cheltenham Festival Winners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nortonscoin200 View Post
    I was there that day too Archie
    Coldest I've ever been on a racetrack. Everyone watched the last race in the bars because the light had gone.

All balanced by following Badsworth Boy for the rest of his career.

Comment

Will never be matched.
      Queen of Cheltenham.
      Last edited by Old Vic; 31 March 2020, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Vic View Post
        Desert Orchid

No contest for me....def the most ever shouted a horse home and didn't back him
        Fat Jockey Patron (est. Jan 2021)

Comment

Decent Arkle this

Comment

Decent Arkle this

No, No, Yes Please

Comment

Paul Carberrys

Frenchmans Creek

Bellvano

His Balls were that big, he had to stand up in the saddle.

Comment

Lanzerote champion hurdle 1974, would have been the first horse to have done the champ hurdle gold cup double if not fatally breaking his leg in the gold cup 3 years later..

Comment

1974 Champion Hurdle x 2

Comment

1974 Champion Hurdle x 2
                    Finished that race looking like the finish to a Stayers Hurdle

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post

Finished that race looking like the finish to a Stayers Hurdle
                      Well it was a slightly longer race in those days, im not sure but i think it was shortened to todays distance in 1980 , which enabled sea pidgeon to finally win it, but dont quote me on that.

Comment

• Great to look back at these.
                        I forgot this thread existed….

Comment

• Originally posted by Birds Nest View Post

Well it was a slightly longer race in those days, im not sure but i think it was shortened to todays distance in 1980 , which enabled sea pidgeon to finally win it, but dont quote me on that.
                          That's right BN,they cut a furlong off the race.That was my first day at the festival, and what a day, what a horse. When Francome rode it the following year,he said to Peter Easterby "any instructions boss". "Yes lad"he replied "dont win too far".
                          Ah the good old days when the North had lots of proper horses.

Comment

• Originally posted by Black Dog View Post

That's right BN,they cut a furlong off the race.That was my first day at the festival, and what a day, what a horse. When Francome rode it the following year,he said to Peter Easterby "any instructions boss". "Yes lad"he replied "dont win too far".
                            Ah the good old days when the North had lots of proper horses.
                            Lovely horse Sea pidgeon, buried side by side with night nurse. The shortening came too late for my namesake tho (birds nest) who never quite saw the hill out ,otherwise would have won a couple himself.

Comment

Working...
                            X