Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Flat Racing - Thoughts please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Priceiskey View Post
    News just in GOSHEN unlikely to be ready for Ebor. At the races website.
    It was always a bit of a long shot with the season starting in June, and Goshen being rated only 88.
    "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

• [QUOTE=Priceiskey;165374]News just in GOSHEN unlikely to be ready for Ebor. At the races website.[/

Looks like trainer still keen to take advantage of his 88 mark, and have two or three Flat runs, before a short hurdles campaign up to the Festival.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
        Khaddem is the one I'm taking from yesterday's race. He was the last off the bridle and quicker ground will see him to better effect.

Any quotes on his next target?
        Tom Segal has put him up as an ante post play for the July Cup. I'm taking this as a positive as I'm assuming he's checked with connections that this is the target

1pt win 13/1

Comment

• Alan King is aiming Trueshan at the Ebor followed by a crack at the Irish St Leger.

Comment

• Any thoughts for the Irish Derby? It doesn't look massively strong and after backing Santiago for the Leger I'm surprised he's running so soon. I like Crossfirehuricane, won cosily at the Curragh over one mile two and was doing his best work right at the death so the step up will suit. 6-1 out there, that's my punt.

Comment

• Originally posted by WADDY View Post
              Any thoughts for the Irish Derby? It doesn't look massively strong and after backing Santiago for the Leger I'm surprised he's running so soon. I like Crossfirehuricane, won cosily at the Curragh over one mile two and was doing his best work right at the death so the step up will suit. 6-1 out there, that's my punt.
              It's wide open isn't it! Thought Bolger's arguably brings the best form + could well be shorter. Haven't backed him yet.

Sherpa was eye catching the last time, and i mgiht back him. Also, like Joey's filly but no idea how she'll get on in here.

Comment

• I’ve noticed that William Buick isn’t riding the Godolphin horse in the 12.30 at Yarmouth tomorrow. Not sure what’s gone on between Buick/Doyle and Bin Suroor (if anyone could shed some light), yet he’s riding the hotpot in the 1.00 for Bin Suroor. In the 12.30 he’s riding for James Ferguson, a well bred colt that’s been backed early doors. In my opinion Buick and Doyle are excellent jockeys. Does anyone know what’s going on????

Comment

• Originally posted by Stormy Antarctic View Post
                  I’ve noticed that William Buick isn’t riding the Godolphin horse in the 12.30 at Yarmouth tomorrow. Not sure what’s gone on between Buick/Doyle and Bin Suroor (if anyone could shed some light), yet he’s riding the hotpot in the 1.00 for Bin Suroor. In the 12.30 he’s riding for James Ferguson, a well bred colt that’s been backed early doors. In my opinion Buick and Doyle are excellent jockeys. Does anyone know what’s going on????
                  Not sure, he's been on fire for Appleby this weekend hasn't he.

Wasn't that long ago they hadn't had a UK based G1 winner for years, perhaps they want Frankie back

Comment

• Sheikh Mo doesn’t seem the forgiving type...
                    Is this Ferguson related to John Ferguson, the old godolphin buyer??

Comment

• Originally posted by Stormy Antarctic View Post
                      Sheikh Mo doesn’t seem the forgiving type...
                      Is this Ferguson related to John Ferguson, the old godolphin buyer??
                      Yeah his lad, he's been associated with some good yards prior to his licence so expect him to do well over the next couple years.

Comment

• Crazy decision to race at Leicester when the area is going to be subject to an extended lockdown. It seems the BHA have gone from cautious to bonkers.

At least a few trainers have escaped the bubble and rightly condemned the decision.

Comment

• Originally posted by kinloch brae View Post
                          Crazy decision to race at Leicester when the area is going to be subject to an extended lockdown. It seems the BHA have gone from cautious to bonkers.

At least a few trainers have escaped the bubble and rightly condemned the decision.
                          Tricky decision to cancel at 24-hours notice, but I wouldn’t have been surprised to see it called off.
                          No doubt they will switch any further Leicester’s racing fixtures that are coming up in the next few weeks to another Jockey Club course, until the city sorts itself out.

Comment

• Leicester may have been desperate to race but the wider picture would suggest the industry could easily have done without one fixture. At the moment loads of races are not coming close to filling. Even when it should be obvious it seems we can't even trim the fixture list by one.

Comment

• Has anyone been into a Hills shop post-lockdown? Just wondered whether they are still offering the lucky 15 treble odds one winner offer?

Comment

Working...
                              X