Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Tizzard Fan Boi Membership For Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tizzard Fan Boi Membership For Sale

50 pence plus postage and packaging

This season I became a fully paid up member of the Tizzard fan club. It was always risky due to the way he has campaigned horses in the past. This year he seemed to not over race his best horses but his results were even worse. I'm sure there was something else was at play and the yard were out of form. Given the dominance of a small selection of trainers at the festival, it does leave me thinking whether I should keep Tizzard horses in my plans going forward. He seems to have some great chasers for next year but they should have been decent hurdlers this year but failed to back it up at the festival. Given the results for the rest of his runners, you could mark up Lostintranslations effort.

Horse - Finishing Position - Distance - Odds
    Fiddlerontheroof - 11 of 15 - 61 lengths - 6/1
    Mister Malarky - PU of 23 - - 12/1
    Highest Sun - 7 of 20 - 21 lengths - 33/1
    Lamanver Pippin - 3 of 14 - 30 lengths - 33/1
    The Big Breakaway - 4 of 12 - 14.5 lengths - 8/1
    Getaway Fred - PU of 12 - - 100/1
    Slate House - 6 of 10 - 70 lengths - 20/1
    Copperhead - F of 10 - - 6/1
    Reserve Tank - PU of 12 - - 12/1
    Kilbricken Storm - 14 of 24 - 29 lengths - 20/1
    West Approach - PU of 15 - - 100/1
    Vision Des Flos - 13 of 23 - 25 lengths - 20/1
    Eldorado Allen - 22 of 24 - 45 lengths - 33/1
    Lieutenant Rocco - PU of 19 - - 33/1
    Harry Senior - PU of 19 - - 16/1
    Lostintranslation - 3 of 12 - 1.5 lengths - 10/1
    Elegant Escape - 11 of 12 - 19 lengths - 66/1
    Last edited by JackieMoon33; 16 March 2020, 03:02 PM.

I'd usually say your membership will be in high demand come April at Aintree , however in these uncertain times this season it might of been poor value

Comment

He trains a mare that has caught my eye in a P2P then bought by him in the sales but owned by the Cheveley Park Stud ROSE OF ARCADIA. It won a maiden on flat last week @ Taunton. Any idea where it could go next or be aimed at?

Comment

I wouldn't trade it in for J'OB fan club membership. There are enough years now to say he hasnt got the hang of Cheltenham. He might get there but overall his jumps training record is nowhere close to his flat one

GB Jumps

SEASON WINS RUNS % 2ND 3RD 4TH TOTAL EARNINGS £1 STAKE

2019-20 0 14 0 2 2 1 £86,047 -14.00
        2018-19 4 24 17 5 1 1 £245,728 -5.75
        2017-18 0 16 0 1 2 0 £25,506 -16.00
        2016-17 0 8 0 2 1 0 £42,783 -8.00

Comment

It wouldn't ever stop me backing a horse if the farmer trained him, but he's chronically over rated.

Irrelevant from Mayo to bring up Joseph O'Brien.... there are no where near the numbers or following to make them comparable.

Joseph O'Brien is also just much better at training horses and I am convinced time will prove that to be the case.

I hope for the Tizzard fan club that Joe gets to take over, he might be alright.

Comment

Irrelevant from Mayo to bring up Joseph O'Brien.... there are no where near the numbers or following to make them comparable.

Joseph O'Brien is also just much better at training horses and I am convinced time will prove that to be the case.
            The relevance was that Jackie put up two Joseph horses on the JackieMoon 2021 thread. Maybe Joseph is inheriting too many flat breds but they dont seem to train on either.
            Last edited by mayo; 16 March 2020, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mayo View Post
              The relevance was that Jackie put up two Joseph horses on the JackieMoon 2021 thread. Maybe Joseph is inheriting two many flat breds but they dont seem to train on either.
              I can't promise a Tizzard horse won't make it on to that shortlist at some point as I'm terrible at listening to my own advice

The two for JO'B are proper NH horses owned by Gigginstown so they would not fall into the Flat cast off category.

Comment

It's become clear to me that backing any Tizzard horse antepost to win at the Cheltenham Festival is not the road to great riches.
                "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

If being trained by Joseph O'Brien puts you off fair enough, it would be a positive for me.

He's only 'the mares allowance' away from having an Arkle this year...

He trained Ivanovic Gorbatov, he's won the Boodles with Band of Outlaws and the Martin Pipe with Early Doors.

Sir Erec unfortunately broke down but I'd say he was a very worthy fav.

He's hardly a cold trainer is he?!
                  Last edited by Kevloaf; 16 March 2020, 11:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Saxon Warrior View Post
                    It's become clear to me that backing any Tizzard horse antepost to win at the Cheltenham Festival is not the road to great riches.
                    Good cash out plays though if you have that facility.

Comment

Sorry but if i see something in a horse that makes me think it needs backing for Cheltenham i back it and dont give a toss who trains it.
                      Tizzy has had winners there before and will agaiin

Comment

Originally posted by somer1 View Post
                        Sorry but if i see something in a horse that makes me think it needs backing for Cheltenham i back it and dont give a toss who trains it.
                        I'm sure my original (slightly tongue in cheek) post will come and bite me and he'll clean up in 2021!
                        To be fair, I will likely get TBB on side and I like Lieutenant Rocco for the NH Chase too.

Also, his results this year were too bad to be their true running, hence why I added some analysis for context.

Comment

Originally posted by somer1 View Post
                          I'd give a toss if Harry Fry trained it.

More likely to not run

Comment

I really thought this would be big Colin’s year to improve on his usual disappointing Festival performances (apart from Storm & Native River) and I invested in many of his horses Antepost and multiples again but once again he was crap. Robbie Power didn’t help with some poor racing tactics and odd racing manoeuvres. That said so was Phillip Hobbs which surprised me so maybe there is something affecting the yards in the West Country....the lurgy or another virus or issue? Apart from Politilogue for Nicholls many horses from that area struggled at this years Festival

David Pipe, Nicholls, Hobbs & Tizzard all based in West Country.....anyone heard if the yards were struggling with anything??

Comment

I read every post here in Tizzard's lovely voice.

Comment

Working...
                              X