Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

SO !!!, How was your Festival this year ??.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SO !!!, How was your Festival this year ??.

, Well I'm still on a high , had a great festival.
    Tuesday and wednesday were good , thursday mediocre.
    But friday good again . and not just talking about money /winnings.
    Some cracking races this week, and some dissapointing ones too !!.
    Bearing in mind that we were Lucky the festival even went ahead ,.
    What a spectacle , priviliged to be there Tues' wednesday.
    and who know's what next year will bring.

Been here all week. Incredible.

On the betting front.. my best ever. See the Skybet thread from months ago. Had the 75/1 and the Champ/Envoi/Samcro trixie.

The handicap good thing Simply the Betts won and the 10/1 Envoi NAP romped in.

If Benie could’ve won and COF not hit the deck, I’d have had the PERFECT festival really with the important bets. But enough of the big one ones to pay BIG. After losing last year, I’m absolutely delighted to have my best ever.

Comment

Brilliant .. Well done M.O. M !!.

Comment

Amazing, my best ever results despite losing a lot of runners in the final two weeks.

Particular highlights were my double on Wednesday, Envoi Allen/Ferny Hollow and then today the treble landed with ABP. It was a 660/1 treble for 0.6pts. I was buzzing. It was placed the day before Ferny and Envoi ran on the 1st December. It is amazing what returns you can get from that kind of stake. ABP was unreal today. a true champions performance.

Well done to everyone on here over the past 12 months.

Comment

.....excellent. Column of Fire’s last fence demise let me down for that 250-1 Sky RaB but in the sober light of this morning, ‘that’s Racing’ and I’ve had a very successful meeting.

Comment

Very much a what if festival for me.

Chacun Pour Soi and Hazel Hill being pulled out the morning of their races was a big blow both of which survived from April/July all the way to the final vets examination!
            Latest Exhibition at 66/1 and 50/1 on the nose losing by a neck
            The Storyteller as a final leg of a 45/1 treble losing by half a length
            Minella Indo getting popped as the last leg of a 90:1 treble

A grand total of 3/4 of a length in those 3 combined and I would have been more successful than I ever dreamed off.

A good first year of antepost though, even with those disappointments - furthered by having an odds on shot at 22/1 and backed all the way down, and Notebook at 50/1 going off at 6/4.

Samcro getting up on the line had my adrenaline pumping for a good hour afterwards so I can see why Cocaine is so addictive.

Overall, what a great week of racing 11 races won by a length or less. it also felt like there were a lot less fallers this year however I’m not sure if the statistics back this up.

In a time when the sport started to get some criticism for going ahead I think this was a world class showcase of National Hunt racing and if I wasn’t a fan already watching thisnweek I certainly would be now

Comment

Definitely a case of what could have been for me...

Tuesday and Wednesday was going great guns, Thursday didn't go to plan, and Friday really was so close yet so far.

Anyway, no time to dwell.... on to 2021!

Comment

Haven't sat down yet to tally everything up, but I blew 60-70pts yesterday chasing on top of everything else, brutal day! I do it every year and never learn, the Friday is always a tough day for me, I dont have the control the same as alot of you guys on here, get bit carried away with it being the last day! Then on top of that Latest Exhibiton and Column of Fire would have gave me my best festival if both landed, a very good one if even 1 did!

Thursday was my best day and am up, I'm glad festival has went ahead, but at this moment in time I need to give my head a shake and move on, but that Friday was a right kick in the balls!

Ps sorry for anyone offended with any swearing or comments I made in threads, emotions got the better of me!

Thanks again everyone for a class year and build up to the greatest sporting event of the year! Not a big fan of Aintree but hope it goes ahead and roll on Punchestown.

Comment

Very successful week. A little unlucky in the ultima, the bartlett. And the martin Pipe. But I was convinced samcro got mugged, so I cant complain.

I literally only have betFred now. Who I'll shout out as is the only one who hasn't restricted me thus far.

And also a huge shout out to the hills terminals. Where both getting as much as I like on, and swift payments. Hasn't been an issue.

Probably going to have to start much later. Should I have a pop at it next year.

Many thanks for all the quick updates of injuries and the hard work of everyone on here. It has been very useful.
                  https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                  Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

I *think* all horses returned safe and sound- that for me would be the greatest result of the festival- can anyone confirm?

Comment

I had a great Tuesday and 10 races in i was up for the Festival.
                      The turning point however came with the Champion Chase withdrawals, like many on here I suspect I had the race in a stranglehold. Samcro and Simply the Betts were my only really decent winners afterwards.
                      I can’t complain really, but I am still left dreaming of what might have been...

So on with 2021 planning!!!

Comment

my best ever

Comment

Just woke up in the chair from yesterday!!!! best 4 days i have had.And Friday was the best day of all.Didnt back a winner on the rails yesterday but had cash in all 3 accounts which will now be changed into CAN $ for august/sept.
                          So cheers boys and gals for all your help over the year.Mrs somer is gunna let me use her skybet account so an extra 52 free fivers coming my way
                          Roll on 2021.

Comment

Disastrous really!

Paisley Park’s defibrillating heart cost me £24k, Abacadabras losing the nod cost 80 points, COF cost 60 points, the list goes on.

My plan of sticking with various combos of multiples only was too high risk. I had 7 winners and 9 seconds and didn’t come out ahead so whilst it worked last year for big returns I shall be more measured next year.

Still loved it though!

Comment

It was my second best festival in terms of profit but there were some savage blows in there.

Tuesday was a bit of a disaster with some near misses. Wednesday fantastic, although Minella Indo losing was tough to take. Thursday was made by Samcro's win. Friday was dreadful in terms of results but not beating myself up as Goshen and Column of Fire would have probably both won but for the last hurdle.

Time to recharge the batteries in time for Aintree, if it's on!

Comment

Working...
                              X