Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham 2021 - Ante Post Bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Craigy14 View Post
    Gallyhill was the big purchase at the sales.

Can’t remember who it was going into training with.

Sure I read somewhere it was Hendo.
    I questioned the 400,000 for Sir Gerhard but I would ask even more questions about the 450,000 for Gallyhill.

Sir Gerhard at least to the eye was an impressive point winner. Gallyhill looked at one stage as if he might be an impressive winner but at the line it didn't look as if he had much more in hand than the winning margin. The second was 0/7 in points and then you needed a search party for him on his sole run in a bumper. The form looks mediocre at best. It is a Grade 1 pedigree but under a different code.

Comment

• Dermot Mcloughlin might have a strong hand in the mares novice hurdle next year with Santa Rossa and Delvino both with the same owner. I like both of them tbh but Santa Rossa is better value this far out 50/1

She has good bumper form from 2 years ago and ran a promising race to finish third behind Exit Poll and Jon Snow on her only start over hurdles. The plan was to go to Cheltenham last year but they didn't seem to be ever fully happy with her which would be a little worry. Someone might know more?

I do like the fact that she will be a second season novice like two previous winners of this race.
      20/1 with pp but can get 50/1 ew with the right bookie Bet365 takes a bit of the risk away.

Comment

• The Cheltenham Festival hat-trick treble pays 423-1 with WH. Probably wishful thinking but I'm on and - betting aside - I'd love to see them pull it off.

Samcro to win any race at 10-1

Envoi Allen to win the Marsh at 9-2

Al Boum Photo to win the Gold Cup at 6-1

Comment

• Originally posted by nortonscoin200 View Post
          The Cheltenham Festival hat-trick treble pays 423-1 with WH. Probably wishful thinking but I'm on and - betting aside - I'd love to see them pull it off.

Samcro to win any race at 10-1

Envoi Allen to win the Marsh at 9-2

Al Boum Photo to win the Gold Cup at 6-1
          Samcro can only really go ryanair or GC can't he?

edit - basically the same price anyway (12s best with hills)

Comment

• Originally posted by thorne365 View Post
            Cue a series of PU’s and duck eggs and he rocks up in the Ultima off 152...

Comment

• Originally posted by thorne365 View Post

edit - basically the same price anyway (12s best with hills)
              Yeah, your right t365.

Thought about doing it that way but looked at his career form and his record at 2m was obviously excellent too and - although it's unlikely - I wanted to guard against them switching to the champion chase.

And if they all win I'm not going to be too disappointed I didn't take 12s - so bring on the Ultima!!

But you've got me sufficiently worried to do the dame treble only with Monkfish - to win any race at 8-1 - in for Samcro in case he rocks up in the GC. That pays 345-1 on WH.
              Last edited by nortonscoin200; 22 April 2020, 10:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by nortonscoin200 View Post
                Yeah, your right t365.

Thought about doing it that way but looked at his career form and his record at 2m was obviously excellent too and - although it's unlikely - I wanted to guard against them switching to the champion chase.

And if they all win I'm not going to be too disappointed I didn't take 12s - so bring on the Ultima!!

But you've got me sufficiently worried to do the dame treble only with Monkfish - to win any race at 8-1 - in for Samcro in case he rocks up in the GC. That pays 345-1 on WH.
                I've switched Monkfish for Samcro in one - love a winners accum

Comment

• Followed everyone on Aione for the NH Chase but all the fancy prices gone, 40/1 for me got some boosted to 44/1)
                  Last edited by Istabraq; 23 April 2020, 07:59 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                    Followed everyone on Aione for the NH Chase but all the fancy prices gone, 40/1 for me got some boosted to 44/1)
                    Same, but quarantine has taken hold of me and I have also put 6pts on the following quadruple:

Shishkin 4
                    Envoi 4 (Marsh)
                    Ballyadam 20 (Ballymore)
                    Aione 33 & 40

I can see a few more really big speculative multiples in the weeks ahead with nothing else to bet on!

Comment

• Yep agree Vautour, whenever I hit a single I’ll always throw that horse is a speculative multi, I played Aione with Santini and Put the Kettle On in a patent...

Comment

Yep agree Vautour, whenever I hit a single I’ll always throw that horse is a speculative multi, I played Aione with Santini and Put the Kettle On in a patent...
                        Just pressed the Aione single with Sky at 40/1 and included in a patent with Fakir Doudaries and Al Boum Photo for the jackpot...

Comment

Yep agree Vautour, whenever I hit a single I’ll always throw that horse is a speculative multi, I played Aione with Santini and Put the Kettle On in a patent...
                          Yes I had 2.5 e/w 66/1 last night and placed it in three e/w trebles to go for glory.

Comment

Just pressed the Aione single with Sky at 40/1 and included in a patent with Fakir Doudaries and Al Boum Photo for the jackpot...
                            ....anomaly with Skybet as Aione is 20-1 in Sky RaB for the NH Chase, yet priced up @ 40-1 in their race list.
                            Last edited by Eggs; 23 April 2020, 10:55 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eggs View Post
                              ....anomaly with Skybet as Aione is 20-1 in Sky RaB for the NH Chase, yet priced up @ 40-1 in their race list.
                              Happens occasionally, my guess is someone requested it weeks ago before the NH Chase market opened/matured and they haven’t changed it.
                              There was one who was bigger in the RABs than race markets I saw yeaterday, can’t remember who though...

Comment

Happens occasionally, my guess is someone requested it weeks ago before the NH Chase market opened/matured and they haven’t changed it.
                                There was one who was bigger in the RABs than race markets I saw yeaterday, can’t remember who though...
                                ....as we found last year, always worth checking the Specials in case they’ve made a cock-up.

Comment

Working...
                                X