Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham 2021 - Ante Post Bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
    Envoi Allen - hardly any 5's left for the Marsh.

It's clear that this year is going to be different to any other. The markets usually settle down but they aren't this year.
    It is a bit crazy, Envoi Allen and Shishkin are likely to be under 4/1 before they even jump a fence. What happens when they go win their first piss poor novice chase by 5 lengths? Cut again to what 2/1 - 6/4.

Comment

• Originally posted by Willdunn99 View Post
      It is a bit crazy, Envoi Allen and Shishkin are likely to be under 4/1 before they even jump a fence. What happens when they go win their first piss poor novice chase by 5 lengths? Cut again to what 2/1 - 6/4.
      ...both to go unbeaten next season (min 3 runs each) is 80-1.

Comment

• Originally posted by Willdunn99 View Post
        Every horse gets cut like crazy when they win egg & sooon races so these two are going to be horrific ain't they, can appreciate everyone wants to beat the book and get ahead of the curve so to speak. If trading for free rolls is an individuals thing then I could half understand those ploughing in albeit margins will be small,punting wise thou some scenarios are just going to be artificially short right through and I hope bookmakers go bold on a couple rivals come the winter

Eggs, that was 100-1 couple days back and someone had it at 125-1 before that. Potentially not too bad given likely odds are always going to be 5/4< every start.
        Last edited by Outlaw; 10 April 2020, 07:15 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Outlaw View Post
          Every horse gets cut like crazy when they win egg & sooon races so these two are going to be horrific ain't they, can appreciate everyone wants to beat the book and get ahead of the curve so to speak. If trading for free rolls is an individuals thing then I could half understand those ploughing in albeit margins will be small,punting wise thou some scenarios are just going to be artificially short right through and I hope bookmakers go bold on a couple rivals come the winter

Eggs, that was 100-1 couple days back and someone had it at 125-1 before that. Potentially not too bad given likely odds are always going to be 5/4< every start.
          ...I saw the Shishkin/Epetante/Easyland bet @ 125-1 before those odds took a tumble along with the TopoftheGame Lad/GC double @ 150-1 but I never saw the Shishkin/Envoi unbeaten double @ 125-1. Doh.
          Last edited by Eggs; 10 April 2020, 07:28 AM.

Comment

• Can't have it all pal done well to nab what you have already tbf I'm sceptical with TOTG returning but regret not playing the related double at 100/1 let alone bigger
            Last edited by Outlaw; 10 April 2020, 07:41 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eggs View Post
              whos that with Eggs? cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by billymag View Post
                whos that with Eggs? cheers
                Sky, NH request a bets...

Comment

• Originally posted by Outlaw View Post
                  Didn't run to anywhere near his rating, however two poor shows at the course and his pre racing habits don't make him an attractive proposition to win going forward at Prestbury for many (myself included )
                  I think Notebook is great value. Yes, he is headstrong but he was headstrong at Leopardstown and he still won well. In my view Cheltenham came to soon for him following the DRF battle with Cashback. Moreover, horses tend to overcome those problems as they mature.

I’m already on at 33-1. Is he better than Chacun Pour Soi? Probably not but that horse has yet to make the Festival and there is no guarantee he will in 2021. I think Defi will go up in trip and Altior will be 11 next year. There’s every chance Notebook goes off at low single figure odds.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eggs View Post
                    I got 150s around a week ago

Comment

• Originally posted by Cheltenham Novice Chase View Post
                      I think Notebook is great value. Yes, he is headstrong but he was headstrong at Leopardstown and he still won well. In my view Cheltenham came to soon for him following the DRF battle with Cashback. Moreover, horses tend to overcome those problems as they mature.

I’m already on at 33-1. Is he better than Chacun Pour Soi? Probably not but that horse has yet to make the Festival and there is no guarantee he will in 2021. I think Defi will go up in trip and Altior will be 11 next year. There’s every chance Notebook goes off at low single figure odds.
                      Game of opinions and that is what creates good markets from time to time, there was doubt as to how good he is in terms of ratings going into the Fez despite looking very good and now into open company.It's going to be very interesting next season to see if he "matures" and steps up another 10-12 lbs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                        I got 150s around a week ago
                        ...disappointed I didn’t pick up on that. It’s a bet that gives a little insurance. If one or both don’t make the Festival you can still collect.

Comment

• Regards Topofthegame and the Ladbrokes Trophy I see his official rating has been wiped as he’s been off longer than 9 months. I think (although am not certain as seems surprisingly difficult to find this info), he was raised a 1lb to 164 for his defeat to LIT at Aintree. Novicey question but is it likely the BHA will drop him anything when they reassess? I see this is definitely something they can do but no idea how regularly this happens or when they do drop them typically by how much.

Comment

• From what I’ve seen RC a horse is rarely dropped for being off the track.
                            For TOTG his rating is almost irrelevant, if he’s expected to be a credible Gold Cup horse he should shoulder top weight and win, and the race isn’t what it used to be, last years renewal was certainly poor and not sure much (bar The Conditional) came from the race to win much later in the season...

Comment

• A free read from pauljoneshorseracing.com @PaulJonesRacing for those who are interested.

If you are twiddling your thumbs and fancy something to read, please drop me an email and I will send on my 15,000 words’ review of all 28 races of the Cheltenham Festival including my eye catchers. info@pauljoneshorseracing.com

Comment

• Sad news about dynamite dollars today..

Comment

Working...
                                X