Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham 2021 - Ante Post Bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Despite mentioning Quilixios a few weeks back, I was hoping he’d fly under the radar for a while longer. He’s a horse that already had the potential to be over bet in the market given connections; now that could be increased with some early season collateral form. I personally won’t be taking anything from the race today either positive or negative as there will be too many variables in play still. Unfortunately, if there is a form boost, the price will definitely see some contraction and we’ll lose all chance at being able to bide our time before adding him to portfolios.

Comment

• Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
      Despite mentioning Quilixios a few weeks back, I was hoping he’d fly under the radar for a while longer. He’s a horse that already had the potential to be over bet in the market given connections; now that could be increased with some early season collateral form. I personally won’t be taking anything from the race today either positive or negative as there will be too many variables in play still. Unfortunately, if there is a form boost, the price will definitely see some contraction and we’ll lose all chance at being able to bide our time before adding him to portfolios.
      ...whilst Hills have shortened to 25-1 for the Triumph, it remains @ 22-1 (with boost) in their any race market. Be interesting to see if those prices change over the next few days.

Comment

• Is it running ? Can not see anywhere

Ignore me, found it...

Comment

• Originally posted by Rigga View Post
          Is it running ? Can not see anywhere

Ignore me, found it...
          What race is he in friend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray View Post
            What race is he in friend?
            Autueil 1-05

Comment

• Originally posted by Eggs View Post
              ...whilst Hills have shortened to 25-1 for the Triumph, it remains @ 22-1 (with boost) in their any race market. Be interesting to see if those prices change over the next few days.
              The fact his price is that short already is ridiculous!

A juvenile with one run in France is shorter than plenty bloody grade 1 winners!

Comment

• The bookies are killing antepost.

They are not making much money as it is so instead of taking a good bit cash on good prices for cheltenham they are killing that as well.

A lot of folk are only getting involved through boredom, do they really think people backing these horses have any knowledge they don’t already have themselves

Comment

• Cheers! Well ive backed it for the day and a little ante post..because there is nothing else to do

Comment

• Originally posted by Craigy14 View Post
                    The bookies are killing antepost.
                    Not so. It's punters who are responsible for the prices. Why would bookies offer sensible prices if punters will take stupid ones?

10 months to go and we're on page 123!
                    Last edited by archie; 16 May 2020, 10:45 AM.

Comment

• Nines getting backed as if they think it’s a good thing. Yes indeed and I’m walking on the drift but let’s hope they can put in a good performance

Comment

• Originally posted by archie View Post
                        Not so. It's punters who are responsible for the prices. Why would bookies offer sensible prices if punters will take stupid ones?

10 months to go and we're on page 123!
                        Very true.

I think hills must have a rule that any horse asked for is put in at 25/1 regardless of anything

Comment

• That was impressive from Heros D’ainay..... similar looking form to Quilixios

Comment

• Originally posted by The Don View Post
                            That was impressive from Heros D’ainay..... similar looking form to Quilixios
                            It was, looks a decent horse. Cheveley may swoop again!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Don View Post
                              That was impressive from Heros D’ainay..... similar looking form to Quilixios
                              Better performance than Quilixios in my book.

Comment

• Originally posted by nortonscoin200 View Post
                                Better performance than Quilixios in my book.
                                Yes maybe, Nimes was obviously well fancied prior to the race. Hills don't muck about, in at 33s for the Triumph and 20s any race for the winner.

Comment

Working...
                                X