Page 182 of 214 FirstFirst ... 82132172180181182183184192 ... LastLast
Results 1,811 to 1,820 of 2137
    Fat Jockey (ridden out claim) BookieBasher's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aalowe9 View Post
    come on people, he's going RSA, its obvious. It's the race that suits their plans for him the most, every single comment from anyone connected to the horse has backed this up. i dont know why people are fighting this, other than the fact he's shorter in the market for the Marsh, thats the only reason i can see for thinking he wouldnt go RSA
    You may very well be correct and RSA is the logical target, but having had a look through people’s antepost Diaries the Marsh is where most people have placed their money even at short prices but have yet to cover the RSA at double the price?. Also in last 7 days Betfair and PP who react quickest to any murmurings out of Gordon’s yard have since shortened the Marsh whilst pushing out his RSA price. Yes it may be to balance books but the early evidence I’m looking at is the Marsh. Who knows who’s right or wrong as it’s all the fun of guessing antepost targets and come March we’ve all got him covered one way or another for the race he runs in

Fat Jockey (ridden out claim) somer1's Avatar
    Thinks Gorden will get his way with EA.Go the Samcro route end up in the Marsh like Samcro and step up to 3m with a view to the Gold Cup the 21/22 season.But who really knows?

Fat Jockey (ridden out claim) Arkle's Avatar
    Sir gerhard down to 12’s with bet365

Fat Jockey (ridden out claim) The Beast's Avatar
    Jockey can say that , Elliott can say this , racing manager can say whatever but surely Envoi will tell them what way to go.And that wouldnt be until a lot closer to the festival.

Fat Jockey (ridden out claim) somer1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Beast View Post
    Jockey can say that , Elliott can say this , racing manager can say whatever but surely Envoi will tell them what way to go.And that wouldnt be until a lot closer to the festival.
    So Envoi is now Mister Ed

Self-proclaimed Voice of Reason Quevega's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by somer1 View Post
    So Envoi is now Mister Ed

he's that good.

Fat Jockey (ridden out claim) Ray's Avatar
    Im backing envoi in both, hell win the rsa then win the marsh on thursday n’all

Apprentice Fat Jockey (3lb claim)
    Envoi Allen owner said Churdle when everyone knew it was Ballymore all along. Maybe they want doubt for a price on the Marsh.

Fat Jockey (ridden out claim) Hardy Eustace's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by germanshepherd View Post
    Envoi Allen owner said Churdle when everyone knew it was Ballymore all along. Maybe they want doubt for a price on the Marsh.
    If I was Gordon I would publicly come and say the horse is going for the RSA, wait for the bookies to push him to a half decent price in the Marsh, then lump on the marsh (with half the stable) then say I had a last-minute change of heart we're going to the Marsh lads! I have no integrity. He probably doesn't either

Fat Jockey (ridden out claim) EnvoyAllen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aalowe9 View Post
    come on people, he's going RSA, its obvious. It's the race that suits their plans for him the most, every single comment from anyone connected to the horse has backed this up. i dont know why people are fighting this, other than the fact he's shorter in the market for the Marsh, thats the only reason i can see for thinking he wouldnt go RSA
    It’s not obvious at all Mr Lowe.

I think we all are aware that Cheveley Park spent in excess of £400,000 with a view to Envoi A being a potential Gold Cup horse in his prime. That doesn’t mean for sure he’ll be campaigned for an RSA.

Envoi A’s caveat that is the alluring ‘fly in the ointment’ is that he has a pretty devastating turn of foot, as was shown with 2 furlongs out in the Ballymore earlier this year. Out of all the fancied horses in the build up to that race, he was the only one being discussed as potentially going for the Supreme, and even a Champion Hurdle.

That caveat he has in abundance is the sticking point now for us punters (and close connections, no doubt) in determining where he go’s in just under 6 months time.

Two very renowned racing analysts were asked on the eve of this year’s festival (literally the day before) to name 3 winners of the festival in 2021 (without any prior knowledge of how any results would pan out over the 2020 festival). Envoi Allen for the Marsh and Shishkin for the Arkle (a very confident “Shishkin for the Arkle” too) were the replies. The analyst was asked about Envoi A “not for the RSA then?” - the recipient paused very briefly and replied “......no, I would have thought Marsh”.

Those two horses and targets were put forward the day before this years festival and 24 and 48 hrs before both those horses victored.

Out of curiosity, Bob Olinger was the 3rd horse mentioned for 2021.

So, with all known evidence, it’s impossible to know where Envoi might go. The only evidence we know so far is in the markets. And there’s lots of evidence there.

The 8/1 readily available in the RSA currently is a HUGE price.

That’s our little quandary.

And that is up to each and everyone of us to decide how to utilise that potential bargain of a price. But might be worth nothing at all.
    Last edited by EnvoyAllen; 25th September 2020 at 08:18 AM.