Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham 2021 - Ante Post Bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post

Edit: I do realise the 10/1 on offer for Honeysuckle is from PP/Betfair which is probably a sign in its own right.
    A sign of what?

How they price Mullins or Elliott runners can be significant.

Nothing at all to suggest they are in bed with HdB?

Comment

• If Honey does go Mares Chase (as I fully expect her to) 10/1 will quite simply be the AP price of the year in my eyes. She was my biggest winner this year and may turn out to be my biggest next....... hopefully!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobos View Post
        If Honey does go Mares Chase (as I fully expect her to) 10/1 will quite simply be the AP price of the year in my eyes. She was my biggest winner this year and may turn out to be my biggest next....... hopefully!
        I don’t disagree Lobos, but the 10/1 reflects the chance of her staying over hurdles to defend her G1 Mares crown or even heading to other G1 chase options instead of the new G2 Mares chase.
        If they committed her to the Mares chase today I’d expect her price to be around 3/1 and would probably attract plenty of backers...

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
          A sign of what?

How they price Mullins or Elliott runners can be significant.

Nothing at all to suggest they are in bed with HdB?
          No, they are probably not, and I never said that either I just think they seem to judge the Irish horses prices better in general. They are shortest of all bookmakers in the mares hurdle market for Honeysuckle too, along with Unibet, who just seem to copy whatever PP/Betfair do anyway!

Comment

• Has the day been picked for the Mares Chase? I haven't read anything but oddschecker has it down for the Wednesday as do some bookies. I hope they don't mess with Wednesday, it's my favourite day.

Comment

• Originally posted by WADDY View Post
              Has the day been picked for the Mares Chase? I haven't read anything but oddschecker has it down for the Wednesday as do some bookies. I hope they don't mess with Wednesday, it's my favourite day.
              I'm thinking it will replace the Novice Chase on the opening day.

Comment

• If we are assessing the best prices for the mares Chase, on assuming a mare might turn up there rather than go for a Grade 1 & bigger pot, then Put The Kettle On at 10/1 is the standout of those prices.

Its a new race, and the market is soft, as many have other options. At the top of the market Salsaretta and Elimay are the most likely to run, as one would assume Willie put them over fences last season with a view to the Mares Chase this season (2 different owners).

I hope and believe HdB would go for the Champion Chase with PTKO - why wouldnt he?

Honeysuckle would be the main mare to consider whether she ran here or not.
                I'm thinking that HdB and the owner would most likely give fences a go before Christmas if her schooling went well, to see if she was fluent enough to open up options over both disciplines.

First whiff of an entry over fences and 10/1 would go in a puff of smoke.
                "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

• Originally posted by Saxon Warrior View Post
                  If we are assessing the best prices for the mares Chase, on assuming a mare might turn up there rather than go for a Grade 1 & bigger pot, then Put The Kettle On at 10/1 is the standout of those prices.

Its a new race, and the market is soft, as many have other options. At the top of the market Salsaretta and Elimay are the most likely to run, as one would assume Willie put them over fences last season with a view to the Mares Chase this season (2 different owners).

I hope and believe HdB would go for the Champion Chase with PTKO - why wouldnt he?

I'm thinking that HdB and the owner would most likely give fences a go before Christmas if her schooling went well, to see if she was fluent enough to open up options over both disciplines.

Put The Kettle on and Honeysuckle double?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobos View Post
                    I'm thinking it will replace the Novice Chase on the opening day.
                    Yes I can see that. Surely they will tinker with the race order though. Can't see the Mares Hurdle being followed by a Mares Chase.

Comment

• Pentland Hills our for the season

Not that anyone is backing him

Comment

• Originally posted by Saxon Warrior View Post
                        If we are assessing the best prices for the mares Chase, on assuming a mare might turn up there rather than go for a Grade 1 & bigger pot, then Put The Kettle On at 10/1 is the standout of those prices.

Take note that PTKO is bigger TWAR @ 12/1 with Hills. Very nice price.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurricane fly View Post
                          Pentland Hills our for the season

Not that anyone is backing him

and yes Lobos, that 12/1 for PTKO any race is alright. I'm happy to chance the 20/1 for the QMCC personally but it's not a straight forward decision I suppose.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post

and yes Lobos, that 12/1 for PTKO any race is alright. I'm happy to chance the 20/1 for the QMCC personally but it's not a straight forward decision I suppose.
                            It's not. I do think she'll run in CC and backed her straight after Fez at 25's. Was really tempted to go in again at 20's but I've changed now, finally matured and not letting heart rule over head which is why I took the 14/1 TWAR to finalize my bets on her just in case Honey goes elsewhere. 12/1 TWAR still has value in it IMO and I wouldn't put anyone off. Really looking forward to her next season. Can see Henry and connections targeting the Tingle Creek. Henry loves that race. She'd be a decent price for that early doors as well. Might well do a Honey (MC) and PTKO (CC) double at the current prices..... that'll be sweet !

Edit. Double placed with PP at 230/1
                            Last edited by Lobos; 28 May 2020, 07:37 AM.

Comment

• Green Light from Government for Racing to start on Monday.
                              "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

• Most maybe already subscribing but if you’re not the Racing Post have a very reasonable offer on today.

3 months worth of Digital RP, plus weekenders & football outlook for £10.

The code is 3FOR10.

Comment

Working...
                                X