Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

On course betting shop firm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
    Cash?

What do you do with cash though?

Do shops still accept that?
    I thought shops were online now too? My mistake

I didn't realise I was sharing this forum with actual dinosaurs
    I rarely use cash either Kev, I barely remember actually putting my card into a card reader, now I just wait for a little ding.

Some specific bars with nice dancing women much prefer cash though

Comment

Cash is so out of date,
      They even made the notes out of useless slippy fucking plastic, that all look the fucking same at the end of the night.
      they've done it on purpose .

Comment

Originally posted by ryanh97 View Post
        I rarely use cash either Kev, I barely remember actually putting my card into a card reader, now I just wait for a little ding.

Some specific bars with nice dancing women much prefer cash though
        I thought you just swipe a card between the cheeks?

Comment

On course cash betting is making a comeback.
          Everyone who has ever been half successful will have had accounts closed/restricted, the exchanges aren't going anywhere but if you are fortunate enough to get privileged information there's a danger with using the exchanges so the only way you can get on is by playing on course....

Comment

Will have all my personal fancies covered online, but I do agree, there is still plenty of excitement in holding a winning slip. I will just be doing Gault’s selections with the on course Bookies for a bit of fun. He had a good day on the Tuesday last year, so could end up being a wise shout. Donation already made for the use of his tips. Good Luck everyone.

Comment

Once I’m at the course I only bet cash - apart from Wednesdays where I always do my bollocks early and then make a comeback online

Ageee with everyone here it is 100x better watching someone have to give you the money!

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane fly View Post

Ageee with everyone here it is 100x better watching someone have to give you the money!
                You're all fucking dinosaurs.

I'm surprised you can grab the cash with your tiny little T-Rex arms

I've actually got this exact t-shirt

Comment

Originally posted by Quevega View Post
                  Cash is so out of date,
                  They even made the notes out of useless slippy fucking plastic, that all look the fucking same at the end of the night.
                  they've done it on purpose .
                  I drew 300 quid at Christmas and I still have it, I go to my club and put 50 on my membership to pay for the bar otherwise I come home with 20 quids worth of loose change.
                  Spent my entire working life looking for a few cash jobs and now I no longer need it.

Comment

Are the Gault tips available on the website. Silly question I guess

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane fly View Post
                      Once I’m at the course I only bet cash - apart from Wednesdays where I always do my bollocks early and then make a comeback online

Absolutely and this year we get the added advantage of probable Coronavirus riddled notes

Comment

Worth remembering there is a big Billy Hills between the See You Then bar and the pre-parade ring, and there were pretty much no restrictions applied to their first race offer...

Comment

Originally posted by charlie View Post
                          hahahahaha

There is something about looking a bookmaker in the eye as he hands you hundreds of pounds that is just fantastic though
                          All Day Long Charlie !!

Comment

Working...
                          X