Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40484950
    Professional Fat Jockey (Moderator) Istabraq's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by robith View Post
    Poor and boredom journalism.
    No mention of the football stadiums that were full that week or the overcrowded trains and buses entering every UK city from all directions, or indeed pubs, restaurants, cinemas, theatres, nightclubs, gyms etc etc etc that continued to fully operate until a week after the festival ended.
    The Times really should know better...

Stable Fat Jockey (Moderator) Old Vic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Istabraq View Post
    Poor and boredom journalism.
    No mention of the football stadiums that were full that week or the overcrowded trains and buses entering every UK city from all directions, or indeed pubs, restaurants, cinemas, theatres, nightclubs, gyms etc etc etc that continued to fully operate until a week after the festival ended.
    The Times really should know better...
    Does anyone know of a person that attended Cheltenham that was hospitalised since ? It is three weeks now.

Completely agree with Isty. If Lee Mack caught it from his driver while travelling to the event, it's hardly Cheltenham's fault. He'd presumably have blamed Tesco if he was being driven to the supermarket.

Stable Fat Jockey (Moderator) Old Vic's Avatar
    Probably another week until horseracing is in the clear but if people kept an open mind about Cheltenham they might be asking if there is anything to learn from the apparent absence of cases ? absence of kids ? being outdoors ?

A more balanced article here

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...id-19-symptoms

They are still contact tracing in Ireland ...

However, to date there has been just one case linked to the Festival – a man diagnosed with Covid-19 two weeks after he returned to Ireland. He has not been named and it is unclear where he became infected.
    Last edited by Old Vic; 3rd April 2020 at 02:51 PM.

BBC jumping on the bandwagon, shouldn't be surprised from the BBC...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/horse-racing/52164004

Professional Fat Jockey (and IT Guru) ryanh97's Avatar
    First 4 classics will be postponed and Royal Ascot will not be open to the public, will be behind closed doors of given the go ahead. Gonna be a looooong summer for sport

I’ll never claim to be flat educated but this must create chaos for the breeding industry.
    I really feel for anyone who invested heavily in breeding 3 years ago with a view to 2020 being payback...

Professional Fat Jockey (and self-proclaimed Voice of Reason) Quevega's Avatar
    I’ll never claim to be flat educated but this must create chaos for the breeding industry.
    I really feel for anyone who invested heavily in breeding 3 years ago with a view to 2020 being payback...
    I’d imagine they could afford the losses

Quote Originally Posted by Quevega View Post
    I’d imagine they could afford the losses
    You’re generalising there Q, not every owner/breeder is a Godolphin or Cheveley Park, for every big boy there are a dozen small independent operations, this crisis is hitting absolutely everyone and the fallout from it will be felt for far longer than any recession we’ve known.

As horse breeding is 3/4 year plan there may well be people, every day Joes, who decided to live the dream and put everything into breeding a few in 2017/2018 who need a couple of two year olds to be good.
    I expect the waters are even muddier for 2020 breeding, how do you put a value on a horse who might have won the Greenham, Guinneas and Derby but won’t see a racecourse until the Autumn.

They talk about hundreds of pro and semi pro football clubs disappearing as a result of this, I dread to think of how racing will look in the next year or two....

Professional Fat Jockey (and self-proclaimed Voice of Reason) Quevega's Avatar
    Youíre generalising there Q, not every owner/breeder is a Godolphin or Cheveley Park, for every big boy there are a dozen small independent operations, this crisis is hitting absolutely everyone and the fallout from it will be felt for far longer than any recession weíve known.

As horse breeding is 3/4 year plan there may well be people, every day Joes, who decided to live the dream and put everything into breeding a few in 2017/2018 who need a couple of two year olds to be good.
    I expect the waters are even muddier for 2020 breeding, how do you put a value on a horse who might have won the Greenham, Guinneas and Derby but wonít see a racecourse until the Autumn.

They talk about hundreds of pro and semi pro football clubs disappearing as a result of this, I dread to think of how racing will look in the next year or two....
    I was definitely generalising
    And almost certainly everyone will be impacted in some fashion
    Unfortunately
    I suppose I categorised breeding operations as a luxury pastime
    I agree that this is not always the case.