Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Could Coronavirus cancel the Festival?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone with Pinatubo at fancy prices for the 2000 Guineas, must be worried the race is going to be voided.

Unibet message today stated that any race delayed for more than three days would be treated as a void race, and stakes refunded.
    "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

• Originally posted by archie View Post
      In all seriousness, anyone with substantial amounts deposited with bookies, particularly the small ones, should consider claiming it back for the short term at least. I'm looking at reclaiming about 90% of my deposits as I will be pretty much inactive for the next 6 months.
      That is really sound advice.

Comment

• great advice Saxon and Archie i have cashed.
        Last edited by jackh50; 18 March 2020, 09:06 AM.

Comment

• Pinatubo was going to form quite a substantial part of my Cheltenham 2021 plan.

A calculated risk on 'doubling' the price about anything I fancy.

Looks incredibly unlikely but I feel they'll put a lot of effort into getting the Classics ran... but likely to be out of 'racings' hands still by May.

Comment

• A lot of negative stories today about festival goers getting ill. This is gonna be a PR disaster

Comment

• Originally posted by robith View Post
              A lot of negative stories today about festival goers getting ill. This is gonna be a PR disaster
              If these stories are on Twitter they can be taken with a bucket-load of salt.

How come no-one is concerned about the 130000 who were at Old Trafford and Anfield at around the same time?

Comment

• Originally posted by archie View Post
                If these stories are on Twitter they can be taken with a bucket-load of salt.

How come no-one is concerned about the 130000 who were at Old Trafford and Anfield at around the same time?
                This continues ...Spanish contact will bring a bigger wave

Comment

• Originally posted by robith View Post
                  A lot of negative stories today about festival goers getting ill. This is gonna be a PR disaster
                  No doubt helped by Blogger, who I normally think gets a hard time of it.

Spends a week on the piss and then has to post about being rough on twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by TimRiggins View Post
                    No doubt helped by Blogger, who I normally think gets a hard time of it.

Spends a week on the piss and then has to post about being rough on twitter.
                    And got it somewhere else if st all. Shortest incubation period ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by mayo View Post
                      And got it somewhere else if st all. Shortest incubation period ever.
                      Coincidentally started the day Cheltenham finished.

Comment

• Irish racing suspended to 19th april at least! Punchestown creeping up, but obviously health and well being off everyone must come first!

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Bucks View Post
                          Irish racing suspended to 19th april at least! Punchestown creeping up, but obviously health and well being off everyone must come first!
                          The Irish did a lot of mud slinging about Cheltenham going ahead.
                          They were first to 'go behind closed doors'
                          Then backed themselves into a corner and stayed behind closed doors (wasting medical resources the arguement why this shouldn't have happened?)
                          Now they've decided to stop?
                          I wonder if Cheltenham sling any mud back

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                            The Irish did a lot of mud slinging about Cheltenham going ahead.
                            They were first to 'go behind closed doors'
                            Then backed themselves into a corner and stayed behind closed doors (wasting medical resources the arguement why this shouldn't have happened?)
                            Now they've decided to stop?
                            I wonder if Cheltenham sling any mud back
                            Id be an avid racing and Cheltenham fan and I believe that the potential threat of spreading Coronavirus at Cheltenham was too great to allow it proceed. As it happens luckily it appears that the number of infections were very low....however it could have been much much different.
                            The way the Irish were racing behind closed doors was actually working very well. Risk was minimised through restrictions and distancing.
                            Medical assistance on Irish Racecourses is provided by The Order Of Malta. This is a voluntary ambulance and First aid organisation. HRI provide the oncourse doctor who is usually a practicing GP.
                            It does not impact on State Medical facilities at all.

Comment

• Fair enough, I assume these volunteers can now put their skills to better use though?

Or they just sitting at home cross because racings been cancelled?

and member since 2015, get a profile picture .... http://www.fatjockey.com/forum/showt...equests/page30

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                                Fair enough, I assume these volunteers can now put their skills to better use though?

Or they just sitting at home cross because racings been cancelled?

and member since 2015, get a profile picture .... http://www.fatjockey.com/forum/showt...equests/page30
                                They actually got a call up today to assist with frontline medical staff!
                                So racing would have struggled togo ahead anyway

Comment

Working...
                                X