Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3947484950 LastLast
    Professional Fat Jockey charlie's Avatar
    5 people who we went with have subsequently had it. The other 4 of us have been fine but probably had it too. Appears lots now seem to have had it at Cheltenham.

No-one knows if they've 'had it' unless they've had a test. Of those, no-one can know when they caught it.

I went with a group of 12 and the only one with symptoms reckons he got it the Saturday after Cheltenham - a dinner party where 13 of 25 have had symptoms.

Professional Fat Jockey charlie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by archie View Post
    No-one knows if they've 'had it' unless they've had a test. Of those, no-one can know when they caught it.

I went with a group of 12 and the only one with symptoms reckons he got it the Saturday after Cheltenham - a dinner party where 13 of 25 have had symptoms.
    Technically yes, but when 5 people all get a fever, cough and sore throat all at the same time as this pandemic then it’s most likely that. Figures on the number of asymptomatic people are quite big. 50% of the 10,000 people tested in Iceland who had Covid were asymptomatic.

Stable Fat Jockey (Moderator) Old Vic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by charlie View Post
    5 people who we went with have subsequently had it. The other 4 of us have been fine but probably had it too. Appears lots now seem to have had it at Cheltenham.
    I have come round to believing this is how numbers will generally play out - i.e. 40ish % have no symptoms at all. A healthy immune system is the best defence to this but there does seem to be some unidentified factor making this really bad for some people and not just the elderly.

Professional Fat Jockey Hurricane fly's Avatar
    I went with a coach full on Tuesday and 10 others on the Wednesday, nobody has it from our group.

I would imagine everyone here who went went to exactly the same places so it is very possible that it wasn’t caught at cheltenham itself

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane fly View Post
    I went with a coach full on Tuesday and 10 others on the Wednesday, nobody has it from our group.

I would imagine everyone here who went went to exactly the same places so it is very possible that it wasn’t caught at cheltenham itself
    Agreed. More likely that it happened in pubs or restaurants away from the course.
    Last edited by archie; 28th March 2020 at 11:48 AM.

Professional Fat Jockey (and IT Guru) ryanh97's Avatar
    That's a shame, but probably not surprising

Professional Fat Jockey (Moderator) Istabraq's Avatar
    Inevitable I guess.
    It does mean we’ll see something of a bonanza later this year, and this applies to all sports, though trainers will need to consider placing carefully and not have horses over the top come March...

Fat Jockey (ridden out claim) robith's Avatar