Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Festival car parking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festival car parking

Hi guys, I don't know if anyone here drives down and parks at the course but it's worth asking.

My mate has paid for parking and I'm driving us down on the Tuesday and Wednesday. We're in the green car park (which I think is just the normal public car parking). Roughly what time do I need to get there to get a parking space?

Ryan

The best option is to park in one of the many houses in New Barn Lane, usually £10.
    Far quicker exit than the course car parks....

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
      Ryan

The best option is to park in one of the many houses in New Barn Lane, usually £10.
      Far quicker exit than the course car parks....
      I can vouch for that but always need to get there early or if you park in the multi storey town centre car park it’s 10-15 all day and there’s a free bus outside the William hill to the course

Comment

Originally posted by ryanh97 View Post
        Hi guys, I don't know if anyone here drives down and parks at the course but it's worth asking.

My mate has paid for parking and I'm driving us down on the Tuesday and Wednesday. We're in the green car park (which I think is just the normal public car parking). Roughly what time do I need to get there to get a parking space?
        Where are you driving back too? If you are prepared to walk 10-15 minutes away from the course you can normally find somewhere like a pub car park etc where you can park for free and get away quickly

Comment

Originally posted by charlie View Post
          Where are you driving back too? If you are prepared to walk 10-15 minutes away from the course you can normally find somewhere like a pub car park etc where you can park for free and get away quickly
          Back to Birmingham. M5 J4

Comment

Back to Birmingham. M5 J4
            If I were you I would park in Prestbury or Battledown area. 15-20 minute walk away but you can usually find somewhere free. Appreciate I am being a bit vague and you are looking for something concrete

Comment

Originally posted by charlie View Post
              If I were you I would park in Prestbury or Battledown area. 15-20 minute walk away but you can usually find somewhere free. Appreciate I am being a bit vague and you are looking for something concrete
              All advice is appreciated thanks Charlie.

Speaking to my mate now as he has a family member who lives by the Aston Martin garage in town with a spare driveway

Comment

If you’ve already paid for parking just use it; it’s honestly not that bad getting out afterwards. We usually have a pint after racing then set off and never been stuck for a ridiculous amount of time bar the Annie Power Tuesday

Comment

All advice is appreciated thanks Charlie.

Speaking to my mate now as he has a family member who lives by the Aston Martin garage in town with a spare driveway
                  I drive back two years ago on the Tuesday, was absolutely fine.

Surprisingly easy to get off the car park.

I've been to plenty of events that are worse (Moto GP for example)....

Comment

Working...
                  X