Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Grand Annual Challenge Cup Handicap Chase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Saxon Warrior View Post
    Thanks Saxon

Comment

• Two Taffs is potentially really interesting here. I thought they'd go for the Plate as he's spent most of his career at the middle distance but, unless something's amiss and they're skipping altogether, then looks like he's going here. They thought he'd appreciate the step up to 3 miles but after an encouraging seasonal reappearance at that trip (over hurdles) he patently didn't stay in the Hennessy after travelling nicely. Back down in trip last time he again travelled like a travelly thing before hanging and not really picking up with the winner. A 10 year old trying 2m for the first time in 3 years isn't the most obvious recipe for a festival winner but then this race doesn't always go to the glamorous types (see last year). He is relatively lightly raced and I'm convinced there's still a nice race in him. I rather like one in this race that is proven over further too.

I haven't backed him yet because I kind of wanted a little more than 20s (same price literally across the board). I think I might wait for extra places as there's a chance he won't be seen as a very fashionable one so the price should hopefully hold.

Comment

• Great Field
        Marracudja
        Capeland
        Paloma Blue
        McGroarty
        Gino Trail
        Greaneteen
        Eclair de Beaufeu
        Us And Them
        Chosen Mate
        Ballywood
        Caid du Lin
        Winter Escape
        Two Taffs
        Croco Bay
        Lisp
        Jan Maat
        Adrrastos
        Thineval
        The Bay Birch

Comment

• Need to know have a look at this. No Brelan D'As and only backed Us and Them.

Comment

• Originally posted by DenmanSacre View Post
            Need to know have a look at this. No Brelan D'As and only backed Us and Them.
            Happy that Chosen Mate gets to run in it, and Jan Maat (on drying ground).
            "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

• Ive already backed Marracudja in this but Great Field is staring me in the face asking to be backed.

If ive learnt anything from this festival it is to wait till the day to place most of my bets. Many of my AP bets were wiped out before the first race and many others went down where the horse came back at bigger odds anyway.

After timing here, but had one of my best days yesterday, backing 4 winners with the first 2 in a double. I doubt I would have had that foresight whilst backing AP.

Comment

• Yes Great Field is kind of reminding me of Arctic Fires county hurdle win.

A top class horse way down in the weights (AF was a stone down on his peak after being out), I would think they need to revert to front tuning tactics but that is easier said than done in this race

Money for Us and Them aswell and I think they will be my 2

Comment

• #126 All 119 runners in last 15 Grand Annuals to have won a handicap chase that season were beaten.

This stat leaves a field of
                  Two taffs
                  Great field
                  Paloma blue
                  Us and them
                  Winter Escape
                  Ballywood
                  Croco Bay
                  Theinval

Comment

• Nicely narrowed down

Comment

• Us and Them down to 12/1 from 33s last week.

Croco Bay at 33/1 - I think this might lengthen and we've seen how important festival form has been once again this week

Comment

• Yeh on Us And Them @ 25/1 so delighted to see a plunge

Comment

• Capeland off 153 has come back into the reckoning into me, 22/1 looks big

Comment

• Originally posted by Jrow View Post
                            #126 All 119 runners in last 15 Grand Annuals to have won a handicap chase that season were beaten.

This stat leaves a field of
                            Two taffs
                            Great field
                            Paloma blue
                            Us and them
                            Winter Escape
                            Ballywood
                            Croco Bay
                            Theinval
                            Obviously Chosen Mate hasn't run in one, but he hasn't won one so shouldn't he be in the remaining?

Comment

• Triiiicasstt wahoo

Didn't pay enough to deserve a wahoo.

Comment

• Annamix form

Comment

Working...
                                X