Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Upping the Ante

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upping the Ante

Is this seriously moving markets?

I'm going to have to watch them all aren't I

Bloody annoying when you've got one on your list and they mention it!

Very surprised at how much it does seem to be moving markets.

Comment

Definitely. I can find nothing on the internet or social about Appreciate It yet the price has contracted since the issue.

Comment

Probably be able to profit from price movement alone if you started backing them all next year as soon as the show airs..

Comment

diol ker suspended with 365 just as the show finishes aswell.. expecting another cut.

Comment

That proves to me it's moving markets then, I am a little surprised!

Does anyone have the complete list of their bets?

Interesting to see what prices they have and what prices people on here have.

I think it'll surprise people, but I could be proved wrong.

Comment

The markets move for both Jennings and Lynch’s tips.

Both have chosen a fair few to back, that many of us had more time to talk though and back before they came on the scene.

So we can take it that we have been on similar wavelengths, but we have more chance to work our choices week on week c/w their one day a week posts.

Now the whole 28 markets are fully up, you don’t know where they will strike next, and the handicaps will probably get more attention in the next month.

Nearly caught on the hop with my Grand Annual assessment, and had to move on Brelan D’As earlier than planned. It’s with cashout so got some coverage.

Usually Gavin Lynch is the principal market mover but all of the pairs selections go shorter now. By tomorrow all the prices on the You Tube video of the programme will have gone. It’s like an antepost version of what Pricewise was, you curse if your planned bet has dived down in price because it’s been tipped before you moved.

Jennings put up a well researched case for Brelan D’As, and he was one of two I had slated for the race. Loved the work on him tracking the Le Prezien journey from losing in the Grand Annual then going through similar races on the way back for another crack, same owner/trainer.
              Similar to our Boodles and Martin Pipe work crafting selections with similar previously successful paths on the forum.

The Grand Annual has had the field size reduced after Le Prezien won, when there were a lot of fallers, going a fast pace, and two horses died. So there isn’t quite so much of a chance of a cavalry charge as it had in years gone by.
              Last edited by Saxon Warrior; 21 January 2020, 05:36 PM.
              "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

They are getting 5 figure views per episode so bookies will soon rack up liabilities, even if a smallish percentage back their selections.

Agree with CCM, it's a right pain when they put up something that you fancy.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                  They are getting 5 figure views per episode so bookies will soon rack up liabilities, even if a smallish percentage back their selections.

Agree with CCM, it's a right pain when they put up something that you fancy.
                  It's annoying but the old adage comes to mind... You snooze you lose

Comment

Originally posted by ryanh97 View Post
                    He who hesitates....

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post

I have them written down somewhere Kev, as soon as I find I will add them to this thread

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post

not ideal but here they are:

Comment

Originally posted by ryanh97 View Post
                          Very true, still highly annoying though.

Comment

Thanks.

Be offline for a few hours now but will come back to this.

Comment

I really enjoy this show, I find gavin very funny. His reaction to jennings saying envoi Allen is overrated 'are ya on drugs are ya'

Comment

Working...
                              X