Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

The Coral Cup Handicap Hurdle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Death Duty/ Gun Digger Gigginstown Double?

Comment

Rigga the Digger.
      Riggamortis

Take ya pick ..lol

Comment

Hahaha!

Don’t be on the job if that came in Sean!

It’s possibly best to see how he fairs in his next I suppose, if he’s managed round again hitting close to the frame then this could be the plan.

Comment

Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
          Protektorat runs in the Grade 2 Novices’ Hurdle (3:00). He won a Listed race last time. There are some good horses in this race and it represents a significant step up for him.

It will tell us where our future lies as a novice hurdler this year. If he were to win this we would go for the Ballymore and if he doesn’t, we are looking at the Coral Cup.”

I’m glad a couple of decent horses stood their ground after The Big Breakaway was pulled from tomorrow’s trial. There is still a good chance Protektorat will get beaten and head down this route. I’d imagine his current mark of 139 would not change in defeat and that’s perfect.
          Nice drift on Protektorat so hopefully today won’t be his day.

Comment

Nice drift on Protektorat so hopefully today won’t be his day.
            Should be no change to his mark after that.

Comment

Didn't see race, his mark be safe enough? Went in on again 16s. (PROTEKTORAT)

Comment

Originally posted by Big Bucks View Post
                Didn't see race, his mark be safe enough? Went in on again 16s. (PROTEKTORAT)
                I’d think he’d be safe and not get raised for his third place

Comment

I’d think he’d be safe and not get raised for his third place
                  Cheers Jackie took nrnb just to be safe!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Bucks View Post
                    Cheers Jackie took nrnb just to be safe!
                    I’ll take the bigger prices now as it’s almost certain he’ll go for the handicap now

Comment

• Really impressed with Protektorat skelton was taking a pull for most of the way. they werent going quick enough for him, that wont be the case in the coral cup off 139ish hed have a massive chance.

Comment

• 16s didn't last long, now 10s nrnb. We aren't alone in following him in Jackie! Big prices still available but happy with topping up at 16 with bit of security.

Comment

• I don’t see Protektorat beating The Cashel Man if they were to clash here. TCM is a real speed hurdler, especially for a novice, which is what I always look for.

Main issues to overcome is would he handle the undulating track, and would he chance it in the Ballymore.
                          "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

• Originally posted by Saxon Warrior View Post
                            I don’t see Protektorat beating The Cashel Man if they were to clash here. TCM is a real speed hurdler, especially for a novice, which is what I always look for.

Main issues to overcome is would he handle the undulating track, and would he chance it in the Ballymore.
                            They are my two for the race but the 8lb swing in Protektorat favour makes it interesting. And it’s pretty certain Protektorat comes here whereas a doubt that The Cashel Man might stick to novices.

Comment

• Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
                              They are my two for the race but the 8lb swing in Protektorat favour makes it interesting. And it’s pretty certain Protektorat comes here whereas a doubt that The Cashel Man might stick to novices.
                              You can get bits of 100/1 on the exchange for The Cashel Man to run in the Ballymore, so here may be the favourite destination, and Hendo has a good record in the race, and usually has more than one runner.
                              "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

• Originally posted by Saxon Warrior View Post
                                You can get bits of 100/1 on the exchange for The Cashel Man to run in the Ballymore, so here may be the favourite destination, and Hendo has a good record in the race, and usually has more than one runner.
                                I don’t need convincing as he’s been in my mix since the Challow. He’s used to running in big fields from his days on the flat and his jumping is very good for a novice. I’m not sure he’s going to have as much in hand though as if he’s well enough in to win a festival handicap off 147, he probably should have been in the Ballymore.

Comment

Working...
                                X