Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

The County Handicap Hurdle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The County Handicap Hurdle

TO CLOSE BY NOON ON FEBRUARY 18th

CHELTENHAM
    Friday, March 13th
    THE RANDOX HEALTH COUNTY HANDICAP HURDLE RACE (CLASS 1)
    (Grade 3)

TOTAL RACE VALUE £100,000
    Distributed in accordance with Stakes and Prize Money Code £56,270 to the winning horse The second to receive £21,200, the third £10,610, the fourth £5,300, the fifth £2,660, the sixth £1,330, the seventh £660 and the eighth £340 for five yrs old and upwards

TWO MILES ABOUT ONE FURLONG (2m 179yds)

Enter by noon, February 18th and pay £125 stake
    Confirm by noon, March 7th and pay £375
    Declare by 10.00 a.m. March 11th RNRS 19 22 24 24
    Weights published on February 26th
    Penalties, after February 23rd, 2020, a winner of a hurdle race (No penalty to increase a horse’s weight above 11st 12lb)

PLEASE NOTE: A novice horse shall only be qualified to run in this race if it has run a minimum of three times in Hurdle Races in Great Britain, Ireland or France in accordance with paragraph 15 of the Weights and Handicapping Code

2020 Saint Roi 5-10-13 11/2F. W P Mullins - Barry Geraghty RPR 151 (OR 137) 24 ran
    2019 Ch’tibello 8-11-5. 12/1. Dan Skelton - Harry Skelton. RPR 154 (OR 146) 24 ran
    2018 Mohaayed. 6-10-8. 33/1. Dan Skelton - Bridget Andrews 3. RPR 145 (OR 139) 24 ran
    2017 Arctic Fire. 8-11-12 20/1. W P Mullins - Paul Townend. RPR 163 (OR 158) 25 ran
    2016 Superb Story. 5-10-12 8/1. Dan Skelton - Harry Skelton. RPR 148 (OR 138) 26 ran
    2015 Wicklow Brave 6-11-4. 25/1. W P Mullins - Paul Townend. RPR 153 (OR 138) 24 ran
    2014 Lac Fontana. 5-10-11. 11/1 Paul Nicholls - Daryl Jacob. RPR 149 (OR 139) 28 ran
    2013 Ted Veale. 6-10-6. 10/1. A J Martin - B J Cooper. RPR 146 (OR 134) 28 ran
    2012 Alderwood. 8-11-1. 20/1. Thomas Mullins - A P McCoy. RPR 148 (OR 139) 26 ran
    2011 Final Approach. 5-10-12. 10/1. W P Mullins - R Walsh. RPR 143 (OR 139) 26 ran
    2010 Thousand Stars. 6-10-5. 20/1. W P Mullins - Ms K Walsh 3. RPR 142 (OR 134) 28 ran

2020 OR High 150, Low 132
    2019 OR High 153, Low 127
    2018 OR High 154, Low 133
    2017 OR High 158, Low 135
    2016. OR High 152, Low 138
    2015. OR High 146, Low 134
    2014. OR High 154, Low 132
    2013. OR High 154, Low 133
    2012. OR High 150, Low 132
    2011 OR High 153, Low 129
    2010. OR High 152, Low 129

The handicap thread first noted Humble Hero (post by Birds Nest) on 19th November for this race, and has been followed over the next two months by posts for Mister Blue Sky, Dame De Compangie, It Sure Is, Sebastapol, Thomas Darby, Necer Adapt and Mohaayed.

The market at the date of this post has the following heading the market:-
    16/1 Never Adapt
    20/1 Not So Sleepy
    25/1 Whiskey Sour
    25/1 Mill Green
    25/1 Eldorado Allen
    25/1 Soviet Pimpernel
    25/1 Turnpike Trip
    25/1 Aramon
    25/1 French Crusader
    33/1 bar these

Look forward to County Hurdle chat in the last few weeks before the Festival.

Any Novice Hurdlers that you think will be targeted here? Willie Mullins loves to win it, maybe he has a novice or two that could come here.
    Last edited by Saxon Warrior; 15 October 2020, 09:56 AM.
    "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Thanks for starting the thread SW, the handicap threads are my favourite part of the forum pre festival! Followed people in on mohaayed at 50/1, and also got ciel de neige at 33/1.

Comment

I have nothing specifically placed on this yet (this and coral the only 2 races) but I might have a few live TWAR ones in my book who might show up.

I backed out backing Whisky Sour few months back probably try and get a nice nrnb price (if there is one)

Comment

The three from last seasons Fred Winter are of interest, Band Of Outlaws, Coko Beach and Ciel De Neige. At some point I'll probably back all three NRNB.

Mohaayed, as has been mentioned previously, would look overpriced still @ 50's too.

Comment

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
          The three from last seasons Fred Winter are of interest, Band Of Outlaws, Coko Beach and Ciel De Neige. At some point I'll probably back all three NRNB.

Mohaayed, as has been mentioned previously, would look overpriced still @ 50's too.
          BOO sadly out for the season. A real shame as I agree wouldve been of interest here

EDIT: maybe not season, but Joseph has said he'll deffo miss the fest

Comment

Originally posted by robith View Post
            BOO sadly out for the season. A real shame as I agree wouldve been of interest here

EDIT: maybe not season, but Joseph has said he'll deffo miss the fest
            Great, thanks Robith, saves me tying up funds.

Comment

Already set out my stall for this race as mentioned in the Handicap thread.

Mohaayed at 50/1 is a cracking EW bet in my eyes.
              Ciel De Neige at 35/1 is also very decent looks on a good mark
              Never Adapt should she come here would be my other, have got any race at 27s

I think I am done now until the day unless anything else catches my eye

Comment

Originally posted by jonthehammer View Post
                Already set out my stall for this race as mentioned in the Handicap thread.

Mohaayed at 50/1 is a cracking EW bet in my eyes.
                Ciel De Neige at 35/1 is also very decent looks on a good mark
                Never Adapt should she come here would be my other, have got any race at 27s

I think I am done now until the day unless anything else catches my eye
                It will be interesting to see what Willie does for Ciel De Neige next race. Hopefully go for low key maiden hurdle rather than go for Betfair. I would like to see his 135 or both Irish and British saved for this

Comment

Mohaayed my favourite tip I've seen for this so far.

Ciel De Neige is one for me "any race" that could run here.

I also thought this is more Couer Sublime's level, after his 2nd over actual Course and Distance last season.

and I'd also be interested if Thomas Darby ran, although I might back him for the Coral Cup as I've long thought a step up would help

Comment

I’d be keen on Harambe at the moment although still early to know who will go for this, especially some of the novices. Harambe is a C&D winner and I still think he could have some room left in his new mark.

Comment

Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
                      I’d be keen on Harambe at the moment although still early to know who will go for this, especially some of the novices. Harambe is a C&D winner and I still think he could have some room left in his new mark.
                      Interesting one!

Can't take you seriously without a profile picture though.... any horse in mind?

Master Debonair?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                        Interesting one!

Can't take you seriously without a profile picture though.... any horse in mind?

Master Debonair?
                        Go for him then

Comment

Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
                          Go for him then
                          Haha, good sport.

Feel free to let me know which horse you actually want at any point.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                            Haha, good sport.

Feel free to let me know which horse you actually want at any point.
                            Completely irrelevant to the thread Kev but did I remember you saying you’re a Tranmere fan? I’m home from uni this weekend (for the Romford dogs Coronation Cup final today) but am off to Tranmere away with the Ipswich tomorrow. Hopefully Norwood bangs in a hat trick back at your ground.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle_Of_March View Post
                              Completely irrelevant to the thread Kev but did I remember you saying you’re a Tranmere fan? I’m home from uni this weekend (for the Romford dogs Coronation Cup final today) but am off to Tranmere away with the Ipswich tomorrow. Hopefully Norwood bangs in a hat trick back at your ground.
                              Certainly am, and Norwood to score anytime against us is the absolute nap of the day.

We'll probably cheer him if he gets a hattrick.

Comment

Working...
                              X