Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Martin Pipe Conditional Jockeys Handicap Hurdle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Outlaw View Post
    Ilikedwayurthinkin- what am i missing, as i don't get the love for him at all. Is there anything other than the trainer half shrewd and owner resulting in people thinking hes a plot?
    He looks like a Festival target job, on his back form.

He ran averagely on his first 5 hurdle starts.

Then rocked up at the Galway Festival and won twice in competitive Handicap hurdles, with the money down. Winning easily.
    1st of 19 over 2M 5/6F
    1st of 20 over 2M5F 2/1F

JP McManus owned.
    He was punted off the boards twice.
    Trainer had to explain the abnormal improved form post race.

The online race videos show how much he had in hand.
    The Irish wont forget this, and will probably back him again on course even if he is fav. Like they did on his 2nd Galway win.

UK rating 140, they know they will get a run in the race.

He was the first horse I backed with Handicaps in mind when WH Any Race went up.
    Last edited by Saxon Warrior; 24 January 2020, 08:51 AM.
    "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

After reading Joe Tizzards blog tonight Beaufort West is heading here could i ask one of you that know how get him added to the market on either Skybet or 365 for me.
      Would be much appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by Chaser1980 View Post
        After reading Joe Tizzards blog tonight Beaufort West is heading here could i ask one of you that know how get him added to the market on either Skybet or 365 for me.
        Would be much appreciated
        Are they having you on ?
        They aren't best at placing horses and race planning I know. But they're two steps ahead here.

He's rated 129, and due to run on Sunday against the worst looking field I've ever seen giving them all 7lb.
        I expect they think he'll win there and then win again before cheltenham. He'll probably need too.

You might get a big price offered I suppose ?

I'll ask a friend to get a price

Comment

After thinking 129 was too low a mark. I've looked at the opening page and it could get in some years, although not so much on decent ground.
          I should get a price back with skybet tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by quevega View Post
            After thinking 129 was too low a mark. I've looked at the opening page and it could get in some years, although not so much on decent ground.
            I should get a price back with skybet tonight.
            Thank you

Im afraid im just a bit of a Tizzard fan boy living a 10 minute walk from there gallops

Comment

Thank you

Im afraid im just a bit of a Tizzard fan boy living a 10 minute walk from there gallops
              20-1 NRNB Sky

Comment

Thank you

I’m in that fan club but it would take me 10 days to walk to their gallops

Comment

Does anyone think they are campaigning Franco De Port for this? Looked at the form for the horse and its ran really well then the last 2 races hes ran in much better company possibly to keep the mark down? Unless hes 'just another horse' i think if he shows up here hell have a serious chance

Comment

I like the chances of Gardens of Babylon here. Was a high class juvenile and is off a mark of just 139 in Ireland which should be perfect for this race. Last years winning connections should be able to secure a top conditional for the ride. 20/1 NRNB with Sky and 40/1 without.

Comment

Has Skelton put up Flash The Steel for this race? Wondering why he is so prominent in the market. I assumed he would go Coral Cup but he is much bigger for that race.

Comment

Thought he was more likely for the Coral Cup, ABP?

Comment

Originally posted by kinloch brae View Post
                          Has Skelton put up Flash The Steel for this race? Wondering why he is so prominent in the market. I assumed he would go Coral Cup but he is much bigger for that race.
                          Mentioned it on the ITV morning line thing, aiming here apparently

Comment

Told The Morning Show he’s been trained all season for this.

Comment

Was on one of those RP pods a few wks back & when suggested for county / coral he said he’d put him away for the ‘boys race’ which is obviously this - has the feel of a preview night market springer to me...

Comment

Originally posted by Al Boum Photo View Post
                                I like the chances of Gardens of Babylon here. Was a high class juvenile and is off a mark of just 139 in Ireland which should be perfect for this race. Last years winning connections should be able to secure a top conditional for the ride. 20/1 NRNB with Sky and 40/1 without.
                                He’s crying out for a step up in trip so would’ve thought Coral Cup more likely?

Comment

Working...
                                X