Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Festival Tipping Competition x 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festival Tipping Competition x 2

This isn't something we've done here before on FJ but I assume that if a tipping comp was set up there would be sufficient interest from the members ?

I'm thinking we have two separate comps where everyone selects one horse from each race.

One comp will be ante post with a closing date of Sunday 19th Jan, for this comp we'll use the William Hill prices as quoted on Sunday 19th Jan (as they should be biggest price on most given their reluctance to offer NRNB).
    The other will have a closing date of midday Tuesday 10th March with the returning SP counting for bonus purposes.

Scoring:

Successfully pick a winner earns 10 points
    Second 5 points
    Third 3 points
    Fourth 1 point.
    Bonus for each winner equal to a level £1 stake on that selection.
    e.g Saldier wins the Champion Hurdle at 3/1 earns a bonus 3 points in the race week comp.
    If Saldier is selected in the ante post comp and the current William Hill price of 8/1 is still available on Sunday 19th Jan, the bonus earned would be 8 points.

All non runners score zero.

The scoring differs from most comps, the idea here is that you receive reward for the number of winners and placed horses and not just the price of a winner, also by making your 28 selections in advance it should remove the prospect of one big price winner winning the comp.

Sadly we are able to play for nothing other than bragging rights but I hope there will still be enough interest to make this worthwhile and no doubt everyone many will be backing/have backed their selections anyway.

It would be great if someone was available to put their hand up and collate responses, record entries, calculate the results and provide daily updates (during race week), so would suit someone who doesn't attend.

Hopefully there's someone out there who fancies the idea of running this, first response offering their services 'wins'....

Great idea Ista.

I'm at Cheltenham otherwise I'd have offered my services. Hopefully we can find a willing volunteer.

Comment

I'm willing to enter and I'm up for running it as long as people don't mind getting the winner on the Saturday as I'm out on the Friday. If anybody else volunteers to run who can get the winner announced quicker then feel free, otherwise I'm more than happy to.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanh97 View Post
        I'm willing to enter and I'm up for running it as long as people don't mind getting the winner on the Saturday as I'm out on the Friday. If anybody else volunteers to run who can get the winner announced quicker then feel free, otherwise I'm more than happy to.
        Well done ryan, much appreciated.
        I assume you’re able to post updates on Tue, Wed and Thur night ?
        If so it’s yours !

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
          Well done ryan, much appreciated.
          I assume you’re able to post updates on Tue, Wed and Thur night ?
          If so it’s yours !
          I can, I'm attending Tuesday and Wednesday but at home all evening after so can update then. Thursday I'm at home so can do it in real time and I'll have my spreadsheet ready to go for the Friday so I can get them out on the train back from Nottingham Saturday morning.

Comment

Excellent thanks again.
            I’ll PM you shortly...

Comment

...should be fun, great idea and thanks in advance to the facilitators. I seem to recall a daily tipping competition on here during the last festival but that might have included another site.

Comment

Yh really like this idea Ista and cheers for stepping up to help Ryan.

Comment

I’d love to be in if newbies are able. Sounds great!

Comment

Originally posted by Penzance View Post
                    I’d love to be in if newbies are able. Sounds great!
                    Everyone welcome Penzance

Comment

Good stuff Ista, and nice one Ryan

Comment

I’d be up for this, love a competition and an ego trip.....can the winner be entitled to add ‘the greatest’ into their name title for the whole of next years build up

Comment

I think Billy Big Bollocks would be most appropriate.

with the accompanying picture of course.

Comment

Originally posted by The King Pimm View Post
                            I’d be up for this, love a competition and an ego trip.....can the winner be entitled to add ‘the greatest’ into their name title for the whole of next years build up
                            2 different comps, every chance there’ll be 2 different winners...

Comment

Sounds interesting enough. Count me in.

Comment

Working...
                              X