Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Champion Fat Jockey (Moderator) Kevloaf's Avatar
    I don't know how people can do all 4 days

Professional Fat Jockey SeanRock's Avatar
    5 caps so far the Friday this March will be my 6th and a big cap at that as it’ll be my stag weekend two weeks before I’m a retained jockey!

Professional Fat Jockey jonthehammer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevloaf View Post
    Easy Kev, just walk right through those turnstiles

Fat Jockey (Hipster Tipster) TCH29's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevloaf View Post
    If you like racing and you like a drink (and you have forgiving better halves) it’s easy! Best week of the year.

That said, our group is getting tired of Friday’s. Too busy. The weakest card in my view (certainly least punter friendly) and WAY too many coked up lads about, who don’t know what a handicap is. Tues and Thurs my favourite days every year.

Champion Fat Jockey (Moderator) Kevloaf's Avatar
    I'd maintain if you can manage to drink 4 days in a row at the same pace, you aren't drinking hard enough

Having 'a few' is for the weak.

I actually like to keep a fairly clear head until it's all over. Helluva lot of time and money spent to start making drunken betting decisions for me

Last edited by Kevloaf; 18th January 2020 at 09:55 AM.

Professional Fat Jockey Hurricane fly's Avatar
    I do the opposite, get leathered early doors and then lay off to ensure all is well for the following day.

Only been on the Friday once, very different to Tues/Wed not so much that it puts me off going again but nothing touches the Tuesday

Professional Fat Jockey Can't Catch Me's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane fly View Post
    I do the opposite, get leathered early doors and then lay off to ensure all is well for the following day.

Only been on the Friday once, very different to Tues/Wed not so much that it puts me off going again but nothing touches the Tuesday
    That sounds the voice of experience HF! Exactly what I do... the days of being in Cheltenham late at night are long gone. Few pre match pints from 11... have a good go on course all day then an early dinner about 7 and normally back at our house by 10. A good kip each night is paramount for stamina.