Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

The Pertemps Network Final Handicap Hurdle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cracking post SW

Comment

Thank you everyone, for your kind words. Now we wait to see if Dermot Weld is going to break a four year drought and run a horse over jumps in Britain.
      "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

Update on Dalton Highway. Dermot Weld did not include him in the final declarations for the Pertemps Network Qualifier on Sunday at Mussleborough.

I don’t have a list of Pertemps Qualifiers for 2020, but looking at 2018 (2019 had cancellations) there appear to be three left, after Sunday.

Sunday 9th Feb Exeter
        Saturday 15th Feb Haydock
        Wednesday 19th Feb Punchestown.

Entries for all ten Festival Handicaps are completed the following day, Thursday 20th February.

So anyone following the Dalton Highway Pertemps route has three more opportunities for the horse to be entered, declared and to qualify in the first six, before the Handicap entries are closed.

The Punchestown race is only 24-hours before the Handicap entries are closed, which give no margin for error in any horse running in that last race.

I’m going to ponder cash-out on Dalton Highway today, keep him in my tracker, and back him again if confirmed and declared for one of the three qualifiers mentioned above. That could be the sensible move.

Comment

I think there's one at Chepstow too.

Comment

Cheer Saxon for the update. I found your original post about Dalton Highway very intriguing and backed him off the back of it but cashed out just now until I learn of an entry in a qualifier.

Comment

Originally posted by The King Pimm View Post
              Cheer Saxon for the update. I found your original post about Dalton Highway very intriguing and backed him off the back of it but cashed out just now until I learn of an entry in a qualifier.
              I think that’s the way to go. Put him in your tracker until a confirmed entry and declaration for a Pertemps. The price shouldn’t shrink if he isn’t qualified or entered.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonjers View Post
                I think there's one at Chepstow too.
                Yes, Chepstow seem to have a qualifier in the past on the Saturday in between the midweek when all of the Festival handicap entries being confirmed, and the following midweek when the Festival weights are announced.

Probably they allow this as the entries for the Chepstow Qualifier will be known on the Monday before the Festival entries are announced.

One to keep in mind for last minute qualifying.

Comment

SDB running in a handicap at DRF.....Elliott playing with the uk handicapper eh haha

Comment

Best bit of detective work ive seen for a long time, even if it doesnt pay off it would've still been worth it just for the post alone, SW...you're a gem..

Comment

It’s the 4th last Pertemps Hurdle Qualifier on Sunday at Exeter.

Interesting entries (27 in total).

Top weight Soul Emotion (Henderson) would be stepping up in trip, OR 147.

Kilbricken Storm interesting entry OR 142.

Three entered from Ireland, ratings given tomorrow, two for Gordy.

Discorama (Paul Nolan)
                      Present to Court (Gordon Elliott)
                      Cartwright (Gordon Elliott)

Discorama very interesting switch back from chasing, 2nd of 18 in last seasons 4-miler, and also 2nd of 24 in the Martin Pipe in the 2018 Martin Pipe. Could give UK handicapper a problem as he is 11lb lower on hurdles ratings (137 to 148) than his season and a half chasing has taken him too.

UK Ratings for Irish tomorrow 11am.

Comment

Yeah I think there's a few of us who have been keen on K Storm, he's traveled well in his races but not got home (intentionally or otherwise) so I'd like to see him run all the way to the line soon...

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                          Yeah I think there's a few of us who have been keen on K Storm, he's traveled well in his races but not got home (intentionally or otherwise) so I'd like to see him run all the way to the line soon...
                          Of all Sundays runners, I am most interested in Discorama’s Hurdle rating. If it’s 140 or less then I would back him on Friday for the Fez, if he is declared for the race on Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by Saxon Warrior View Post
                            It’s the 4th last Pertemps Hurdle Qualifier on Sunday at Exeter.

Interesting entries (27 in total).

Top weight Soul Emotion (Henderson) would be stepping up in trip, OR 147.

Kilbricken Storm interesting entry OR 142.

Three entered from Ireland, ratings given tomorrow, two for Gordy.

Discorama (Paul Nolan)
                            Present to Court (Gordon Elliott)
                            Cartwright (Gordon Elliott)

Discorama very interesting switch back from chasing, 2nd of 18 in last seasons 4-miler, and also 2nd of 24 in the Martin Pipe in the 2018 Martin Pipe. Could give UK handicapper a problem as he is 11lb lower on hurdles ratings (137 to 148) than his season and a half chasing has taken him too.

UK Ratings for Irish tomorrow 11am.
                            I thought Kilbricken Storm had already qualified for the final??

Comment

Originally posted by The King Pimm View Post
                              I thought Kilbricken Storm had already qualified for the final??
                              Not Yet.....

Comment

Originally posted by Saxon Warrior View Post
                                Not Yet.....
                                I’ve jumped the gun with him then, I thought he was already qualified and backed him at 33’s. I was wondering why his odds were so high given his history at the Festival. Let’s hope he doesn’t cock it up on Sunday.

Comment

Working...
                                X