Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

The Pertemps Network Final Handicap Hurdle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This race annoyed me absolutely loads personally which I’ll go into detail on when I do my betting analysis, but involves forecasts/tricasts

Moving on – or moving backwards, as I’ve said this at least 4 times already – Gordon Elliott is the starting point in every handicap. The 1-2 here, both were easy to spot as plots and both were ahead of their marks. The Storyteller was ridden beautifully, I didn't think he'd get reeled in but he did by Sire Du Berlais who was ridden by an on-fire Barry Geraghty and he backed up in the race. Another fav for JP going in. Both of these are probably graded performers. The Storyteller has been campaigned as one over fences and is just short of G1 class, whereas Sire Du Berlais has been hidden his whole career. Same trainer, two very different ways paths but similar results.

Sire Du Berlais won't interest me in the Stayers Hurdle which I gauge is a contrary opinion on here and to be fair if I'm honest it might just be because I don't like the way he has been campaigned. If he is good enough to win a Stayers Hurdle but has two Pertemps under his belt it makes a bit of a mockery of the sport (or the festival) at least! A two time C&D winner though, so obviously I get why. I'm ujust going to end up being stubborn unless he's a silly price, which at 16/1 he isn't.

Tout Est Permis ran well for 3rd for Noel Meade, he's a horse on many a shortlist already and will continue to be. Relegate went off joint fav and plugged on for 5th. That gamble annoyed me and she ran better than I expected considering she can't jump. I'd bang her back onto the flat if I had anything to do with her. Third Wind who was the other placed horse also ran well and I'll watch his mark next year.

After the first 5, everything was walloped really, but a few disappointed in the race in particular for me, Kilbricken Storm and Unowhatimeanharry were two I liked with a class angle dropping into the race but I'd have to conceed now the reason they'd dropped to nice marks is because they're no good anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
      This race annoyed me absolutely loads personally which I’ll go into detail on when I do my betting analysis, but involves forecasts/tricasts

Moving on – or moving backwards, as I’ve said this at least 4 times already – Gordon Elliott is the starting point in every handicap. The 1-2 here, both were easy to spot as plots and both were ahead of their marks. The Storyteller was ridden beautifully, I didn't think he'd get reeled in but he did by Sire Du Berlais who was ridden by an on-fire Barry Geraghty and he backed up in the race. Another fav for JP going in. Both of these are probably graded performers. The Storyteller has been campaigned as one over fences and is just short of G1 class, whereas Sire Du Berlais has been hidden his whole career. Same trainer, two very different ways paths but similar results.

Sire Du Berlais won't interest me in the Stayers Hurdle which I gauge is a contrary opinion on here and to be fair if I'm honest it might just be because I don't like the way he has been campaigned. If he is good enough to win a Stayers Hurdle but has two Pertemps under his belt it makes a bit of a mockery of the sport (or the festival) at least! A two time C&D winner though, so obviously I get why. I'm ujust going to end up being stubborn unless he's a silly price, which at 16/1 he isn't.

Tout Est Permis ran well for 3rd for Noel Meade, he's a horse on many a shortlist already and will continue to be. Relegate went off joint fav and plugged on for 5th. That gamble annoyed me and she ran better than I expected considering she can't jump. I'd bang her back onto the flat if I had anything to do with her. Third Wind who was the other placed horse also ran well and I'll watch his mark next year.

After the first 5, everything was walloped really, but a few disappointed in the race in particular for me, Kilbricken Storm and Unowhatimeanharry were two I liked with a class angle dropping into the race but I'd have to conceed now the reason they'd dropped to nice marks is because they're no good anymore.
      Absolutely spot on analysis Kev, agree with all the above.

Comment

• Relegate only had 1 behind with 2 to jump, must have finished fastest of all

Comment

• I'd go along with the idea that theres no Stayers Hurdle winner in that race, though SDB may try now his mark his 158.

Ronald Pump skipping this race off potential top weight high handicap mark to have a crack at the Stayers was the right thing for the horse. I think he could have shaken up Gordon's two here, even giving them a few lbs.

The real miss was the 8yo Treacysenniscorthy not coming over.
          A horse on a roll in 3M Handicaps getting a chunk of weight from The Storyteller & SDB.

A bigger stable would have taken the horse to the Festival.
          "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

• Originally posted by Joleg View Post
            Relegate only had 1 behind with 2 to jump, must have finished fastest of all
            Entitled to as she was held up the whole race to come fast and late. She certainly has talent but her jumping just isn’t at the level it needs to be. I agree with Kev, give her a go on the flat.

Comment

Working...
            X