Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

The Pertemps Network Final Handicap Hurdle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eggs View Post
    ...Kilbricken Storm 25-1 (without boost) in the Hills any race market.
    I think that's an alright price really, as a course and distance festival winner....

Is he in good health does anyone know?

I've always thought he was a little hard done by after he won the Albert Bartlett... nobody ever seems to like him, but he's alright

Comment

Couple of interesting JP runners in the pertemps qualifier at Huntingdon.

Comment

Didn't realise there was a thread for this race.

Goodbye Dancer runs in the Pertemps qualifier at Huntington tomorrow. He should have had two course wins to his name but for a fall at the last on new year's Day.

Hopefully he can go well tomorrow and qualify with a quiet ride.

Comment

I’ve backed Phoenix Way for this in the hope he does well today’s qualifier on his comeback run and becomes JP’s better handicapped horse in this race. He cost a lot of money and hasn’t raced that much so could be a live chance in this. Still 25/1 with WH and LB’s.

Comment

Originally posted by The King Pimm View Post
            I’ve backed Phoenix Way for this in the hope he does well today’s qualifier on his comeback run and becomes JP’s better handicapped horse in this race. He cost a lot of money and hasn’t raced that much so could be a live chance in this. Still 25/1 with WH and LB’s.
            I know the stable think a lot of him

Comment

FM any thoughts on our Tedham bets for this race?

Comment

Originally posted by Rhinestone_Cowboy View Post
                FM any thoughts on our Tedham bets for this race?
                I was massively disappointed with him at Warwick. He didn't get the best of rides and was hampered by a faller but he should still have finished in the 6 if he was going to be a player in this.

He is so bloody slow, much slower than I thought he was. In an ideal world, they'd have another crack at a qualifier and ride him prominently. I'd love to see jonjo jnr ride him too.

Not sure where the remaining qualifiers are but I've almost given up hope to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                  I was massively disappointed with him at Warwick. He didn't get the best of rides and was hampered by a faller but he should still have finished in the 6 if he was going to be a player in this.

He is so bloody slow, much slower than I thought he was. In an ideal world, they'd have another crack at a qualifier and ride him prominently. I'd love to see jonjo jnr ride him too.

Not sure where the remaining qualifiers are but I've almost given up hope to be honest.
                  Cheers pal, exactly where I thought we were at after the last race. Betslip screwed up and nearly ready to be fired to the bin, just not quite yet

Comment

Originally posted by Rhinestone_Cowboy View Post
                    Cheers pal, exactly where I thought we were at after the last race. Betslip screwed up and nearly ready to be fired to the bin, just not quite yet
                    Before Warwick I was thinking Pertemps this season, NH Chase next but doesn't look like he's going to progress as I'd hoped.

Comment

not too far Barry

Comment

Originally posted by mayo View Post
                        not too far Barry
                        Just said same on my bet thread

Comment

Originally posted by quevega View Post
                          Just said same on my bet thread
                          133 before that so should just get in.

Comment

Originally posted by mayo View Post
                            133 before that so should just get in.
                            He'll get at least 6lb for that (maybe more) as it looked obvious he was well above that mark.
                            The danger is him being hit with 11 or 12lb

Comment

He'll get at least 6lb for that (maybe more) as it looked obvious he was well above that mark.
                              140 would be workable.

Comment

If I was handicapper it would get about 12lb rise. Pulled all race up to last hurdle after which for some reason(wink, wink) he took a slight pull. Then rousted to win cosily. Especially as it was his handicap and season debut. He has laughed at the opposition there.

Comment

Working...
                                X