Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    Fat Jockey (ridden out claim) MadeinJapan's Avatar

Forum Meet Up - Festival Week!

Now then gents (and ladies!)...

Having been a member of this forum for the past 2 years (wish I’d found it way sooner, was on the Exchange previously) & having attended Cheltenham most years since 2004, it’s difficult to put into words just how much the analysis/views/opinions/characters on this site mean. Every year without doubt it’s a breath of fresh air from daily life (we probs. all lead way different ones too!) trying to debate/pick out the next big winner. The energy we all have for it too, it’s hard to explain to the Mrs - “what are you on that horse racing thing for again?”

The knowledge people have here is second to none. Way, way better than “people in the know” or “tipsters”. I can safely say it has 110% enhanced my experience in horse racing... I even had the bollocks to contact Olly Murphy about ownership the other week! (don’t ask)

Anyway, I’d like to say thank you & if anyone fancies meeting up for a Guinness at the Festival on Gold Cup day I’ll be there & I’ll get you a pint...

Sorry if this has been mentioned before/I haven’t seen?

On another note too - I reckon we should contact that farmer who owns the field opposite the track & get “FAT JOCKEY” in letters rather than Paddy or get a blimp?!

Superb forum.

Champion Fat Jockey (Moderator) Kevloaf's Avatar
    I haven't decided which days I'm going to yet, but I'm definitely available to cash in pints for pictures....

I had planned to go with Jono this year but he's mugged me off to go with his wife.

If Column of Fire is fav for the Martin Pipe I'll go the Friday too

Professional Fat Jockey (and self-proclaimed Voice of Reason) Quevega's Avatar
    Not there Gold Cup day - or I'd have made the effort.

But the same goes for me as I'll be there on the Tuesday.
    Don't tend to move from the Istabraq bar though. Apart from going down to the course beyond the finish line for every race. Selfies with the winners and all that.
    But if anyone fancy's a pint ?
    And Ryan ?
    That bottle of bubbly is still offered for doing the Competition.

Professional Fat Jockey BigChaang's Avatar
    Going Tuesday and Wednesday ,.Undecided about gold cup day yet !?.
    Where do i claim my free pint if i'm there M.I.J .

Fat Jockey (ridden out claim) MadeinJapan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BigChaang View Post
    Going Tuesday and Wednesday ,.Undecided about gold cup day yet !?.
    Where do i claim my free pint if i'm there M.I.J .
    Guinness Village - Arthur’s Bar. Second one on right from steps as you walk in (Tatts & Club can get there), unless they’ve renamed it! I’ll make a sign of sorts so you won’t be able to miss me! If the Moderators are ok will be simple saying “FAT JOCKEY” or something along those lines?

Apprentice Fat Jockey (3lb claim) Jorvik's Avatar
    Going Tue and Wed, usual routine of getting to The Bank House for 9am, then when on course promising myself that this year will definitely be the year I stop spending so much of the day in the Centaur, before inevitably spending most of the day in the Centaur...
    I don't post much but I can't stop reading this place, great value and plenty of well thought out opinion. Jagerbombs are on me in the Bank House either morning!

Fat Jockey (ridden out claim) Ray's Avatar
    Ive been 3 years never physically seen a
    Nag at the festival i go to the best mate act like a mong do a bit of
    Dancing then piss off

If this carries on.
    If a lurker plans this out well enough, they'll not only have found some nice priced horses, but they'll get a free session as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray View Post
    Ive been 3 years never physically seen a
    Nag at the festival i go to the best mate act like a mong do a bit of
    Dancing then piss off
    Fit in with my lot Ray.
    Although we do that in the Tatts and the town after.

Professional Fat Jockey (Moderator) Istabraq's Avatar
    If anyone has access to lev 5 in Grandstand happy to meet up Tue/Wed