Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Stable Fat Jockey (Moderator) Faugheen_Machine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Saxon Warrior View Post
    Maybe they don’t think about wind as much as ground conditions
    Maybe not but it should surely come into consideration as high sided horse boxes with be traveling miles to get there, in storm conditions.

Apprentice Fat Jockey (3lb claim)
    Quote Originally Posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
    Amazed there's no inspection planned given the wind speeds that are forecast
    Precautionary Inspection to be held on Saturday 15-02-2020 at
    08:00 Given the forecast of high winds, we will hold a
    precautionary inspection at 8.00am. The forecast rainfall is not
    a cause for concern.

Fat Jockey (ridden out claim) Eggs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ball Mark View Post
    Precautionary Inspection to be held on Saturday 15-02-2020 at
    08:00 Given the forecast of high winds, we will hold a
    precautionary inspection at 8.00am. The forecast rainfall is not
    a cause for concern.
    ...proper rain has arrived in the North-West (for Haydock) now.
    Last edited by Eggs; 14th February 2020 at 12:58 PM.

Fat Jockey (ridden out claim) Stormez's Avatar
    Have added discorama @ 25-1 before he qualifies at the weekend. Class & festival form proven, not a lot to not to like.

Fat Jockey (ridden out claim) squiggsy68's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormez View Post
    Have added discorama @ 25-1 before he qualifies at the weekend. Class & festival form proven, not a lot to not to like.
    I concur! Though watching him get edged out by Le Breuil (or, let's be honest, by the Codfather - what a ride) still pains me.

I can't remember if someone mentioned it in passing on here or whether I read something where Nolan said he's likely go this route but I managed to get 45s (boosted from 40s) with Hills for small bit ew a couple of weeks ago. Big risk he won't even get there I guess (though I think it's a max field of 16 for the qualifier next Weds at Punchestown? If so that helps), but happy to let that ride rather than go with the 14s / 16s NRNB that's around now.

Professional Fat Jockey Can't Catch Me's Avatar
    Great price squigsy! Annoyed I've missed this as big fan of the horse.

Just added him at 25/1 myself. Happy to take the risk over 14/1 NRNB. Think that's a huge price for a horse with his Festival form... and some top additional top class Chase form to boot.

Ante Post Tipping Comp - 2020 winner TigerRolllllll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormez View Post
    Nice shout !

Fat Jockey (ridden out claim) Eggs's Avatar
    ...not sure about the weather elsewhere, but I’ve been out and the storm hasn’t hit the North-West yet (for Haydock). Difficult to see what an 8am inspection will achieve unless they go entirely off the forecast.

They’ll probably defer a decision for a few hours, it’s perfectly fine at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by squiggsy68 View Post
    I concur! Though watching him get edged out by Le Breuil (or, let's be honest, by the Codfather - what a ride) still pains me.

I can't remember if someone mentioned it in passing on here or whether I read something where Nolan said he's likely go this route but I managed to get 45s (boosted from 40s) with Hills for small bit ew a couple of weeks ago. Big risk he won't even get there I guess (though I think it's a max field of 16 for the qualifier next Weds at Punchestown? If so that helps), but happy to let that ride rather than go with the 14s / 16s NRNB that's around now.
    I know, I thought 2 & 1/2 miles was his limit over hurdles so to see him stay best up the hill was devastating!

Quote Originally Posted by Eggs View Post
    ...not sure about the weather elsewhere, but I’ve been out and the storm hasn’t hit the North-West yet (for Haydock). Difficult to see what an 8am inspection will achieve unless they go entirely off the forecast.

They’ll probably defer a decision for a few hours, it’s perfectly fine at the moment.
    Its hammering down here!