Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Northern Trust Company Novices Handicap Chase 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
    I do. But time will tell.
    De plotting shed got in.
    That’s the plan again this year, been rejuvenated by Suzi.

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
      I do. But time will tell.
      De plotting shed got in.
      But De Plotting Shed's build up Novice Chase runs were 2522, including beaten 3 lengths or less three times, once by Presenting Percy. His form was easy to rate.

Being beaten 40-odd lengths twice with RPRs of 114 and 124 isn't getting you into a 5lb band in the Close Bros.

The only chance of getting a rating to date is off his fall. I presume he would be running again to reveal sufficient to be rated 140-145 in the UK.

I really like OYG for this race, but UK ratings are everything in the Close Bros.

I would analyse the opposition, race standard ratings etc in his next race (pre-race) with an idea of backing him in this, at the end of that next race, if I judged his irish rating against the opposition to be around 138-142.

If he overdose ir next time I suppose the Plate is the alternative. Probably a better bet at God moment would be 'any race' at 16/1. Another trip to the WH shop.
      Last edited by Saxon Warrior; 20 January 2020, 09:58 AM.
      "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

Originally posted by Saxon Warrior View Post
        But De Plotting Shed's build up Novice Chase runs were 2522, including beaten 3 lengths or less three times, once by Presenting Percy. His form was easy to rate.

Being beaten 40-odd lengths twice with RPRs of 114 and 124 isn't getting you into a 5lb band in the Close Bros.

The only chance of getting a rating to date is off his fall. I presume he would be running again to reveal sufficient to be rated 140-145 in the UK.

I really like OYG for this race, but UK ratings are everything in the Close Bros.

I would analyse the opposition, race standard ratings etc in his next race (pre-race) with an idea of backing him in this, at the end of that next race, if I judged his irish rating against the opposition to be around 138-142.

If he overdose ir next time I suppose the Plate is the alternative. Probably a better bet at God moment would be 'any race' at 16/1. Another trip to the WH shop.
        He won’t be running again due to needing time between his races, he should get into the race as I am good friends with the owner. They aren’t expecting anything and just want the day out. He has some good form in the past but has had his issues and nearly died earlier in the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Philg123 View Post
          He won’t be running again due to needing time between his races, he should get into the race as I am good friends with the owner. They aren’t expecting anything and just want the day out. He has some good form in the past but has had his issues and nearly died earlier in the season.
          Wow, is he okay Phil? I really hope so.

How is he going to get into the race?

Comment

Wow, is he okay Phil? I really hope so.

How is he going to get into the race?
            He seems to be absolutely thriving at present according to my mate which is good news. He’s off 142 after his win a couple of weeks back at plumpton so should get in the race off that mark.

Comment

He seems to be absolutely thriving at present according to my mate which is good news. He’s off 142 after his win a couple of weeks back at plumpton so should get in the race off that mark.
              Think we may have a horse mix up somewhere. I posted on the Off You Go (JPMcManus) Charles Byrnes irish horse. Is this the same one that you posted about?

Comment

Think we may have a horse mix up somewhere. I posted on the Off You Go (JPMcManus) Charles Byrnes irish horse. Is this the same one that you posted about?
                Your first paragraph was replying to scooby regarding De Plotting Shed so I was just replying to that part. Apologies!

Comment

Your first paragraph was replying to scooby regarding De Plotting Shed so I was just replying to that part. Apologies!
                  Aah, got ya now. So De Plotting Shed is on his way back as a third season Novice chaser, having had a spell over hurdles last season too.

I really wish you guys well, and the horse especially. You deserve a good day 1 run in the Close Bros.

Comment

Yer luckily he will get in the race and no expectations this time just hope he comes back safe and if he gets in the money it’ll be amazing!

Comment

Do you need to have had 3 or more chase runs to qualify for this. I cant find the detail anywhere.

Comment

This Saturday there is the 2M4&1/2F Novice Handicap Chase at Cheltenham.

I like IMPERIAL AURA for this, rating 136, needs to win to get in to this race, so I am hoping that happens and the 140-145 sweet spot is achieved.

More interesting is Samcro, Dallas Des Pictons and Galvin entered by Gordon to assess handicap marks. Standby by 11am tomorrow when the weights are produced.

Comment

I like IMPERIAL AURA for this, rating 136, needs to win to get in to this race, so I am hoping that happens and the 140-145 sweet spot is achieved.

More interesting is Samcro, Dallas Des Pictons and Galvin entered by Gordon to assess handicap marks. Standby by 11am tomorrow when the weights are produced.
                          This will be very interesting.

With the exception of Samcro, the other two have run like handicaps were always the plan.

Comment

Be very interested to see what Dallas Des Pictons gets having backed him for this.

Comment

Are the weights for this produced tomorrow? is this the weights they carry at cheltenham even not including any further ratings rises?

Comment

Originally posted by hors3s View Post
                                Are the weights for this produced tomorrow? is this the weights they carry at cheltenham even not including any further ratings rises?
                                Yes 11am the entries get the allocated weights added to their entry. If they then didn’t run here, or before Cheltenham, their weight given here shouldn’t change much (unless their prior races back form went slightly better or worse).

Comment

Working...
                                X