Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Northern Trust Company Novices Handicap Chase 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eggs View Post
    ....surprised Lisp is only included in the Hills market given Tom Bellamy said this would be the obvious target following its impressive win at Plumpton.

One thing is for certain, all roads lead to Cheltenham as the Plumpton race carried a £50k bonus if it also wins at the Festival. Not seen since, I have no idea if there’s an issue protecting its handicap mark. Lisp is shorter for the Grand Annual and even appears in the Arkle betting.
    Problem is with Lisp they have nothing to play with as he has a mark of 144, yet needs to have a 3rd chase run in order to qualify

Comment

Originally posted by Pendil View Post
      Problem is with Lisp they have nothing to play with as he has a mark of 144, yet needs to have a 3rd chase run in order to qualify
      For me Lisp is an out and out 2 miler and I mentioned him for the Grand Annual after debut. He could get further over fences but I’d still prefer the 2 mile route myself.

Comment

Originally posted by taylorch1990 View Post
        I've backed 2 in this, Champagne Court at 25s and Dallas Des Pictons at 33s. Not really a big ante post gambler on the handicaps but I've chanced a few this year.
        They are the exact same to Ive come down on taylor!

Had a good study of this yesterday. Shame Rouge Vif blew his mark last time as he looks crying out for 2 1/2 miles and he was top of my shortlist for this.... shame as don't think he's going to be quite up to the Arkle / Marsh and going to be stuck a bit inbetween now.

Will also keep my eye on Tower Bridge but imagine he might be a similar price to what he is now nearer to the day itself. And thought this could still be an option for Early Doors if he wins next time or gets placed in a decent race.

Comment

Anyone heard anything of GE's galvin? 6th in the ballymore, fell on chase debut then had 2 more runs in chases since - hurdle rating 140 - could be a plot for this!?

Comment

Originally posted by Hardy Eustace View Post
            Anyone heard anything of GE's galvin? 6th in the ballymore, fell on chase debut then had 2 more runs in chases since - hurdle rating 140 - could be a plot for this!?
            Hello HE and welcome to the forum. Although Galvin has an Irish hurdle mark of 140 he was assessed by British handicapper as 144 before 2 solid performances at Cheltenham and Ayr. I wouldn't be surprised at a low level maiden/novice chase in Scotland and fingers crossed he gets a 145 or less.

BTW I wonder if you could do a request bet from Skybet for Cerberus in the Boodles. Anything over 20/1 would be very acceptable

Comment

Originally posted by Pendil View Post
              Hello HE and welcome to the forum. Although Galvin has an Irish hurdle mark of 140 he was assessed by British handicapper as 144 before 2 solid performances at Cheltenham and Ayr. I wouldn't be surprised at a low level maiden/novice chase in Scotland and fingers crossed he gets a 145 or less.

BTW I wonder if you could do a request bet from Skybet for Cerberus in the Boodles. Anything over 20/1 would be very acceptable
              Thanks Pendil - I will get that requested for you.

Comment

Cerberus 14's

Comment

Originally posted by Hardy Eustace View Post
                  Cerberus 14's
                  Thank you HE. Not surprising its the same price as A Wave of the Sea.

Comment

Does anyone realistically think Off You Go will be given 145 or lower to allow him in here? 151 over hurdles.

Comment

Originally posted by jack1092 View Post
                      Does anyone realistically think Off You Go will be given 145 or lower to allow him in here? 151 over hurdles.
                      They're doing there best.... beaten 41L, 44L and a fall

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                        They're doing there best.... beaten 41L, 44L and a fall

Probably won’t give him a rating based on that type of running, they don’t have to until they can assess properly. Either that or give the Hurdle rating.
                        "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

Yeah there's no mission they fall for it iMO.

Castlebawn West could potentially be interesting. Not sure he'd get 145 though, and Mullins with h'cap chasers!

Comment

Originally posted by Saxon Warrior View Post
                            Probably won’t give him a rating based on that type of running, they don’t have to until they can assess properly. Either that or give the Hurdle rating.
                            Good point!

Stranger things have happened though.... depends how clever they can be next time out.

Comment

Originally posted by Saxon Warrior View Post
                              The fall came at the last so I’d expect the ‘capper to use that run, which probably means he will be rated above 145...

Comment

Originally posted by jack1092 View Post
                                I do. But time will tell.
                                De plotting shed got in.
                                https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                                Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Working...
                                X