Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Northern Trust Company Novices Handicap Chase 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skelton has said basically Beakstown needs the ground to dry out, no chance on soft ground

Comment

• Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
      Yes yes yes. I’ve been on him before he fell at Kempton. Last race worried me he’d go through the ceiling but he just held on.
      I'm pretty sure Hold the note didn't fall at Kempton J.M .
      Roll again fell and hampered H.T.N and he was pulled up as i recall.
      Same as Istabraq , the Mr whittaker connection / Glen forsa last year.
      Look's like the trainer /connections like to target this race .
      Took a punt early door's @ 33-1, and topped up @12-1 last week.
      I think 12-1 is an o.k price ,and may top up again .

Comment

• Got my eye on Whatmore today at Kempton with a view to the HTN form.

Comment

• Nice prep for Southfield Stone there. Jumped left which won't be a problem. Probably would have won today if not for that mistake down the back.
          Long bitcoin, long gold, long silver, long g/s opening day Cheltenham Festival

Comment

• Hold The Note will try to emulate stablemate Mister Whitaker by opening his account over fences in the Northern Trust Company Novices’ Handicap Chase at the Cheltenham Festival.
            The Mick Channon-trained six-year-old is being readied for a drop in class and trip in the extended two-and-a-half-mile contest – which Mister Whitaker claimed in 2018.
            After finishing third on his chasing debut at Ludlow, the Tim Radford-owned gelding was forced to pull up after being stopped in his tracks by a faller in front of him at Kempton on Boxing Day – and then found only one too strong in a Grade Two at Warwick on his first attempt over three miles last time out.
            Jack Channon, assistant to his father, said: “He was very unlucky at Kempton. I think he would have gone close that day, and it was a cracking run last time.
            “I certainly think he will stay three miles next season, but he was not quite strong enough to see it out in that class on that ground. It just caught him out a little bit.
            “He will go straight for the race at Cheltenham. He is off 145, so he will be near the top of the weights, but in that sort of handicap there will be about a 5lb spread.
            “I think ability-wise he is there if not better than Mister Whitaker. That two-mile-four trip should be fine up the hill, and hopefully he is still a well-handicapped horse.”

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRowebot View Post
              He is off 145, so he will be near the top of the weights
              Bit of a judge is Jack...

Comment

• Promising to hear he thinks he's better than Mister Whitaker though.

Comment

• He's short enough as it is, but I read somewhere Davy fancies Galvin's chances at the festival. But is he even qualified to run as it stands, he's only completed two chases?

Comment

• To qualify do you not just to have run in three chases. I’m not sure the rules dictate that they have to be completed runs.

Comment

• Just searched the thread for anything on De Plotting Shed, I see Phil knows the owners so maybe can help me out...

Originally posted by Philg123 View Post
                      Yer luckily he will get in the race and no expectations this time just hope he comes back safe and if he gets in the money it’ll be amazing!

I actually quite like De Plotting Shed for this at 50/1 NRNB

He beat Who Dares Wins last time he ran by a neck and went up to 142. He was GIVING Who Dares Wins 5 lbs that day too.

Who Dares Wins was 148 that day and just won an 30k Grade 2 off 147, beating Southfield Stone, so we'll see what his mark goes up to!

He is potentially VERY well handicapped on that piece of form, and given that I read he's given so much time between races by design, I'm even keener!

A few more reasons I like him:

A third season novice is very unusual to fancy BUT, he has SO much experience relative to the others

His form figures since moving to Suzi Best are 2131 - which isn't bad at all and importantly he has finally managed to get his head in front TWICE this season which was a long time coming.

Went off 11/2 in 2018 for this race (very well backed) - he PU however whatever made him that short on the day must still have some importance.

Last edited by Kevloaf; 24 February 2020, 08:47 PM. Reason: Price.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                        Just searched the thread for anything on De Plotting Shed, I see Phil knows the owners so maybe can help me out...

I actually quite like De Plotting Shed for this at 40/1 (5 places) NRNB (45/1 if you can boost)

He beat Who Dares Wins last time he ran by a neck and went up to 142. He was GIVING Who Dares Wins 5 lbs that day too.

Who Dares Wins was 148 that day and just won an 30k Grade 2 off 147, beating Southfield Stone, so we'll see what his mark goes up to!

He is potentially VERY well handicapped on that piece of form, and given that I read he's given so much time between races by design, I'm even keener!

A third season novice is very unusual to fancy BUT, he has SO much experience relative to the others

His form figures since moving to Suzi Best are 2131 - which isn't bad at all and importantly he has finally managed to get his head in front TWICE this season which was a long time coming.

Went off 11/2 in 2018 for this race (very well backed) - he PU however whatever made him that short on the day must still have some importance.

who dares wins won a novice chase not a handicap.
                        Last edited by Kevloaf; 24 February 2020, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Just searched the thread for anything on De Plotting Shed, I see Phil knows the owners so maybe can help me out...

I actually quite like De Plotting Shed for this at 40/1 (5 places) NRNB (45/1 if you can boost)

Having won on Who Dares Wins @ 10/1 last Saturday I did 1/2 pt. EW on De Plotting Shed @ 50/1 NRNB with B365

Comment

• Originally posted by germanshepherd View Post
                            who dares wins won a novice chase not a handicap.
                            Yes sorry, a Grade 2 novice chase - which is even better.

Every post you make is picking up on somebodies mistakes or having a pop at somebody

Thank God you're here
                            Last edited by Kevloaf; 24 February 2020, 08:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pendil View Post
                              Having won on Who Dares Wins @ 10/1 last Saturday I did 1/2 pt. EW on De Plotting Shed @ 50/1 NRNB with B365
                              Why did I not notice he's 50/1 NRNB elsewhere

Comment

Why did I not notice he's 50/1 NRNB elsewhere
                                Yep, I was willing to let it go even though you made a decent case.
                                But have backed now 50-1

Comment

Working...
                                X