Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Northern Trust Company Novices Handicap Chase 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northern Trust Company Novices Handicap Chase 2020

Well , No fancy write ups today . Sorry People.
    Had a certain Hold the Note in mind for this race , when he ran at Kempton.
    On boxing day , but unfortunately was pulled up after roll again fell in front.
    Had a little nibble at 33-1 with bill hill last week .
    And it seems Mark Howard agree's . mentioned the horse yesterday on S/Life.
    Ran well at Warwick on Saturday , surely more to come from him.

With a new rating of 145 it doesn't scream winner to me, but if it runs you have a nice bet at 33/1. skybet are nrnb 12/1 which feels about the right price imo.

Comment

I just looked back to last years thread , which i also started. I can't remember the .
      Ratings band for this race . but there is a stat about highest rated horse winning.
      last 5 runnings , or something similar.

Comment

Originally posted by BigChaang View Post
        I just looked back to last years thread , which i also started. I can't remember the .
        Ratings band for this race . but there is a stat about highest rated horse winning.
        last 5 runnings , or something similar.
        That's only because most years there's been only a few pounds from top to bottom.
        not really a handicap, which is why they might get rid.

Comment

Had Off you Go down for this, has been in 3 chases but doesn't seem to have a handicap mark yet. Anyone know why that is the case?

Comment

Originally posted by jonthehammer View Post
            Had Off you Go down for this, has been in 3 chases but doesn't seem to have a handicap mark yet. Anyone know why that is the case?
            Probably needs 3 completed chases.

Comment

You need to be rated 142-145 to be guaranteed a run in this. Hold the Note was put up by Dave Jennings and Mark Howard after Saturday. He'll probably go off closer to half the current 16/1.

Comment

Originally posted by archie View Post
                Probably needs 3 completed chases.
                Ahh yes he fell in one

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                  You need to be rated 142-145 to be guaranteed a run in this. Hold the Note was put up by Dave Jennings and Mark Howard after Saturday. He'll probably go off closer to half the current 16/1.
                  Great , I'm happy with that ( Hold the note ) . Straight to the festival then ??.
                  Also have picked out Champagne court - rated 143 , Trained by jeremy scott.
                  @ 25-1 currently.Look's like ch. court needs another run , but won .
                  a bonus race at Plumpton last time out ,
                  Last edited by BigChaang; 15 January 2020, 07:54 AM.

Comment

Matt Brocklebank has put up Dallas Des Pictons for this on sporting life, assuming he gets the right mark. Fingers crossed he’s right!

Comment

I’m on Hold the Note and Beakstown for this and it’s a rare race I’m pretty comfortable with that position

Comment

Literally just saw on Racing t.v - Jeremy Scott stable tour .
                        and he say's Champagne court being aimed for this race .
                        So happy with those two - Champagne court and hold the note .
                        for now and at the prices.

Comment

....surprised Lisp is only included in the Hills market given Tom Bellamy said this would be the obvious target following its impressive win at Plumpton.

One thing is for certain, all roads lead to Cheltenham as the Plumpton race carried a £50k bonus if it also wins at the Festival. Not seen since, I have no idea if there’s an issue protecting its handicap mark. Lisp is shorter for the Grand Annual and even appears in the Arkle betting.
                          Last edited by Eggs; 15 January 2020, 12:03 PM.

Comment

How likely is Simply The Betts to run in this?

No concern about Hold The Notes 12lb rise?
                            Last edited by Jorvik; 15 January 2020, 11:52 AM.

Comment

I've backed 2 in this, Champagne Court at 25s and Dallas Des Pictons at 33s. Not really a big ante post gambler on the handicaps but I've chanced a few this year.

Comment

Working...
                              X