Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

State of the Nation: 2 Months to Go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
    Was reading that whole post thinking, what a cracking set of bets and this guy seems like a top bloke and THEN you complimented me, so you're definitely on the list of people that deserve a profile picture.... I'm guessing Tiger Roll , any in particular that you want? If you could copy and paste a link to a google image that'd be great

Thanks so much....have learned amazing amount following this forum (nighttime read)......def Tiger please!
    Fat Jockey Patron (est. Jan 2021)

Comment

Originally posted by TigerRolllllll View Post
      Thanks so much....have learned amazing amount following this forum (nighttime read)......def Tiger please!
      The picture I've chosen is actually the background on my computer

Comment

One note by way.....not sure how many people have chance to go to stables

Stumbled across a fab club in Berkshire (called West Berks racing).......have been to several top stables (even got a selfie with Native River once a few days after Gold Cup (though sadly did not back him)... and some fab small ones too....Neil King was so friendly, he even set up special schooling for us with Bryony

Not much more than price of a pint per visit......Think several like this around country for those not aware and they are def worth joining.... and also raise lots money for injured jockeys

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
          The picture I've chosen is actually the background on my computer
          Looks like last year Remember him checking himself at last giving us all heart failure

Comment

- How are you feeling about the festival?

Long time viewer of this forum and just registered. I first attended in on the Tuesday of 2015 to see Faugheen win me three figures. For someone who doesn't bet to large stakes, I had been backing him each month from 7/1 downwards and this was something special. I went for all 4 days the following 3 years. It's the one week of the year I book off work and it's in the diary as soon as the annual leave allowances are made available. There's nothing quite like the event for the camaraderie, memory-making and stories of gambles landed and fortunes won. Unfortunately the crowds from the last year crowds put me off though I know as soon as I hear the roar on the TV, I will wish I was there.

- How do you feel your current positions are stacking up?
            I have a number bets which, following the suggestions on this forum and some analysis, have shortened significantly - Battleoverdoyen 20/1 (Any race), Epatante 17 (Exchange) and Delta Work 20 (Exchange). A lot are on the usual suspects - BDD, Chacun Pour Soi, Honeysuckle, Envoi Allen. I typically work on the Any Race markets until NRNB is announced. I always expect some wastage from the ante-post bets hence the smaller stakes and some are already down.

- Where are you strong?
            It depends on where the principals run. Betting in the 'any race' market has a tendency to mean I'm not sure until targets are confirmed and after being burned in previous years by last-minute race switches, I am loathed to over commit. I'm pleased to have found a few horses which have shortened significantly.

- Where are you weak?
            Handicaps - this is my weakest area of Festivals generally and I'll be taking a number against the field on a 'spray and oray' basis during the week.
            Champion Hurdle - a number of my guesses in this have already significantly drifted.

- Anything you've done differently? How's it working?
            I've had a few multiple bets but the bulk of the wagers have been singles. I'll go for more multiples during the week in an effort to find a 'lifechanger' but otherwise I'll taker my usual approach of a few horses per race and have smaller interest bets on the handicaps.

- How will you be watching?
            This year I may be attending on the Tuesday depending on a friend arranging a corporate box, otherwise I will be in a pub/at home in East London.

Comment

State of the nation. In a month's time we'll be done.

How you feeling?

Where are your gaps?

What's looking good?

What's looking weak?

Had any Cheltenham dreams yet?

I had my first last night - Abracabaras taking the Supreme.

Was going through my spreadsheet last night and wow, I have a tail of shit multiples that I think are gonna make it difficult to turn a profit

Comment

How you feeling?

Better than I was in January. I feel I've managed to cover a fair amount since then, and some horses have come good, so in better positions I feel, despite actually taking a bigger points hit, mostly down to the Champion Hurdle though.

Where are your gaps?

Maybe not gaps, but areas I am a lot less confident in, the Champion Hurdle for starters, it's a bit of a mess, many have a chance, just hoping I can somehow come out of it better off than I currently am.

Pretty much every handicap, although I have a fair bit backed, most NRNB, I will wait for the weights to be published now before going in any further I think.

Fred Winter is a nothing race currently, have a couple of free bets, but suspect I'll get busy in that race nearer the time.

JLT is a bit of a mess too, though do have Allaho as my main hope. Itchy Feet will be covered if the offers are available on race day.

What's looking good?

Supreme I'm happy with. Arkle is OK.

What's looking weak?

With regards to the current betting, not many, but I reckon there will be some late changes made by myself this season, handicaps are near on impossible to know if weak or good until nearer the time really. Will be keeping an eye on for market moves as we head closer too.

Yes, one, Longhouse Poet winning the Ballymore, even though he may not even turn up for it. Envoi Allen only managing 3rd or 4th, I can't quite remember. That will upset a few though!

Comment

How you feeling?

New on here and I have to say it's a pleasure to find such a forum. I class myself as a very shrewd punter, however, I now find myself in the midst of like- mined friends who make me question my abilties which is fine by me. Over the years I have had the occasional ante post bet but now find myself really getting involved and am enjoying the task. Hope I'm up to it.

Where are your gaps?

Lots of places but the Champion Hurdle is just a race I cannot fathom out at all this year and have decided just to leave it alone.

What's looking good

Sporting John and Asteron Forlonge any race. Honeysuckle for the mares with a nice odds saver in the Champion.
                  Staker Wallace with an e/way saver in Caid Du Burlais for the Foxhunters. Allaho for the Marsh (Please).

What's looking weak?

Not much really having been able to cash out the dissapointing ones having started late.

Staker Wallace in the Foxhunters jumping the last clear of the field with Derek O'Conner yet to move on him. This horse is my nap of the meeting being a fine chasing type with one hell of a future in this sphere. All going to plan so far.

Comment

One week to go

How are you feeling about the festival?

More blase than I care for tbh. The corona chat has been a massive downer (combined with I'm off to Paris on the Friday for the Ireland game which is certain to be called off), arguments about the ground. Definitely feels less hype - but that might just be me, as I'm also on a huge project next week at work so I'll barely be able to watch

- How do you feel your current positions are stacking up?

A mixed bag - as ever I have too much focus on the first two days, and especially the Supreme, meaning 3 and 4 will be done more on the fly.

- Where are you strong?

I have a nice book of slips for the Friday, but I've also always found that the hardest day (happy to be out of action tbh).

- Where are you weak?

My Any Race and multiple sections look tragic in all honesty. Will be hard pressed for them to break even I'd say

- Anything you've done differently? How's it working?

One thing I will be doing is building stats grids from Gault Stats. This site is great but one thing in the handicaps is that people here find one and we beat SP, but I can't help but noticed a lot of races are won but huge priced horses. I'm gonna spend the weekend finding them

- How will you be watching?

In a minimised window while I write a 10,000 word work submission ack

Comment

How you feeling?

Buzzing. Not to arsed about it, i try not to over analyse and just go with the gut..looking forward to getting stuck into some handicaps though once everything is declared

Where are your gaps?

All over the place, ive got nothing in the marsh hardly anything in the RSA! Like i say hardly any handicaps covered although ive thrown Greaneteen into a nice yankee i quite like ill build some handicap bets around him!

What's looking good?

Nothing looks all that ive got my day 1 LUMP sorted so i can relax and back some others now and not have to worry too much when i do my bets for day 1..i stand to make a very nice ammount with a Notebook win so ill have to back something else in the arkle, i like where im at with A Plus Tard and Allmankind in doubles or as singles and if i was going to say there was any day id have my winners itll be friday

What's looking weak?

Handicaps but ill get to them soon enough..my wednesday is a bit weak i got to get stuck into some more on that day

Yeah, my dream is being down or only like £30 in profit by the end of the week sat in the pub half pissed flying into GULFSTREAM like a c**t

Comment

Working...
                      X