Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

The Boodles Juvenile Handicap Hurdle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Saxon Warrior View Post
    Yes, I agree they wont do anything to get a mark down for this race for Mick Pastor, just run him here or the Triumph.

With the Triumph they could still have another run if they think the horse needs it. Would have had the flu jab now so wont be out for a while anyway, maybe Feb, maybe not at all before March.
    I'd have thought they'd run in the adonis now, given that mark, they've nothing to lose.

Comment

Originally posted by quevega View Post
      I'd have thought they'd run in the adonis now, given that mark, they've nothing to lose.
      yep, agree with that.
      "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

Tronador is entered in a 2M2F all-aged Novice hurdle on Saturday, the first race at Navan, 12.45pm.
        This is the identical path to that taken by the owner/trainer connections with Veneer of Charm in 2018 prior to him winning the Boodles/Fred Winter by 3 lengths.

VOC started at 5/1 for the race in 2018 and finished 7th, thus ensuring a low-ish handicap mark, against older more experienced novices (rather than staying in juvenile company). RidersontheStorm won that race btw.

This is looking more and more like a plan to get Tronador to the Boodles, and well weighted. I am on already, but at 20/1 I am now likely to go in again or add him into some small stake multis.

Comment

Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
          I posted after the race I thought he might get 140. Don't think its unduly harsh tbh. He's beaten a consistent 128 horse 7 lengths on the steel. 138 was surely the very best they could have hoped for.

Don't think its a given they will go Triumph but suppose the next run will be key.
          I agree - the form of his french run couldnt have worked out any better and he loads in hand here. Its a shame as the race would have suited his 'free going' racing style but they'll still go a good gallop in the triumph with allmankind in there. 25/1 seems a fair enough price to me.

Comment

Tronador is entered in a 2M2F all-aged Novice hurdle on Saturday, the first race at Navan, 12.45pm.
            This is the identical path to that taken by the owner/trainer connections with Veneer of Charm in 2018 prior to him winning the Boodles/Fred Winter by 3 lengths.

VOC started at 5/1 for the race in 2018 and finished 7th, thus ensuring a low-ish handicap mark, against older more experienced novices (rather than staying in juvenile company). RidersontheStorm won that race btw.

This is looking more and more like a plan to get Tronador to the Boodles, and well weighted. I am on already, but at 20/1 I am now likely to go in again or add him into some small stake multis.
            Now, how likely is it that this is a bigger price after that race?

The angle is fantastic, well done to Liam and yourself for highlighting it.

In a usually very difficult handicap it's a really nice angle in to the race.

What I don't want to do, is back a horse at 20/1 that might be bigger NTO as we're all pretty much convinced he's NO CHANCE of winning on his next run (and if he did, mark blown anyway)....

So, what do we think.... right to hold off (having missed those 33/1 prices)....?

Or are the lurkers/bookies already rubbing their hands together and I'll never see bigger than the 20/1 right now?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post

What I don't want to do, is back a horse at 20/1 that might be bigger NTO as we're all pretty much convinced he's NO CHANCE of winning on his next run (and if he did, mark blown anyway)....

So, what do we think.... right to hold off (having missed those 33/1 prices)....?

Or are the lurkers/bookies already rubbing their hands together and I'll never see bigger than the 20/1 right now?
              Yeah,it’s a fair point Kev
              If they run him on Saturday it will be the first time he will run on heavy ground
              No surprise to see him trail in near the back of the field
              Don’t think there will be a major reaction from the bookies though
              I am on at 33s and hope he runs a decent race to finish 4th or 5th

Comment

No, I'll do half stake now at 20/1 just in case I suppose.

I'm hoping for a bigger price somewhere, 25/1 I'll accept.

I should probably hold off, just don't like that he's 14s elsewhere.

No, I will, 5 places, 20/1 - 0.5 pts e/w for now.

Will add more if things go as planned.

Comment

Take the 20’s in a double with a shortie tomorrow (Shishkin perhaps) and see if you can get your 33/1. Bit more of a gamble, I know, but if price is your baby, then you may have to feed it a bit to get up to 33’s.

Comment

Take the 20’s in a double with a shortie tomorrow (Shishkin perhaps) and see if you can get your 33/1. Bit more of a gamble, I know, but if price is your baby, then you may have to feed it a bit to get up to 33’s.
                    Haven't looked in depth enough at tomorrows racing to risk a roll up unfortunately. Got a great record with them (roll ups) so far and it's not from trying to force a price.

Good practice for when I can't just jump between bookies offering best price too... have to deal with missing prices.

0.5 pts e/w will do for now. Well dopne on the 33/1 - if I'd have seen the race in time I'd have backed.

Comment

Haven't looked in depth enough at tomorrows racing to risk a roll up unfortunately. Got a great record with them (roll ups) so far and it's not from trying to force a price.

Good practice for when I can't just jump between bookies offering best price too... have to deal with missing prices.

0.5 pts e/w will do for now. Well dopne on the 33/1 - if I'd have seen the race in time I'd have backed.
                      No one was worried about Sire Du Berlais or The Storyteller getting beat in there handicap races and going out in price!

You have to ditch the “didn’t get on at the best price” nonsense Kev, it’s present value that matters more.
                      Those that have bigger prices usually took more risk before the form of horses is shown and understood.
                      For me 20/1 for Tronador on what I know now, is a very good price. Better that the 16s I got for BOO in this race last year.

Comment

No one was worried about Sire Du Berlais or The Storyteller getting beat in there handicap races and going out in price!

You have to ditch the “didn’t get on at the best price” nonsense Kev, it’s present value that matters more.
                        Those that have bigger prices usually took more risk before the form of horses is shown and understood.
                        For me 20/1 for Tronador on what I know now, is a very good price. Better that the 16s I got for BOO in this race last year.
                        I am perfectly aware of how present value works. If you read my post, am I not clearly debating that exact point... at whether I think it's current value now.

Knowing I thought a horse was value at 33/1, doesn't mean when the bookies react and cut it to 20/1 I should still think it's value?

You getting on as the horse crosses the line is just circumstance, I clearly stated I wanted to do that but didn't get chance - doesn't mean 20/1 is now value. It means 33/1 was and they reacted....

Comment

I am perfectly aware of how present value works. If you read my post, am I not clearly debating that exact point... at whether I think it's current value now.

Knowing I thought a horse was value at 33/1, doesn't mean when the bookies react and cut it to 20/1 I should still think it's value?

You getting on as the horse crosses the line is just circumstance, I clearly stated I wanted to do that but didn't get chance - doesn't mean 20/1 is now value. It means 33/1 was and they reacted....
                          Okay Kev, completely understand that value is a personal thing. I think 20s is fair value still for Tronador, but appreciate a lot of people wouldn't share that thought.

Comment

Okay Kev, completely understand that value is a personal thing. I think 20s is fair value still for Tronador, but appreciate a lot of people wouldn't share that thought.
                            As per post #37, I half agreed - put a half stake bet on

Comment

As per post #37, I half agreed - put a half stake bet on
                              His run on saturday should reveal his handicap rating on Monday. Interesting that they are following almistvidentical path as Veneer if Charm, including a really quick third run back after a decent second run.

Comment

His run on saturday should reveal his handicap rating on Monday. Interesting that they are following almistvidentical path as Veneer if Charm, including a really quick third run back after a decent second run.
                                What price did veneer of charm go off at on the day ?

Comment

Working...
                                X