Apprentice Fat Jockey (5lb claim) harchibald's Avatar

Sky Bet Moscow Flyer Novice Hurdle 12th Jan Punch - Andy Dufresne or Capt Guinness?

Looks an intriguing little contest - anyone have any strong fancies. I loved the first run from Captain Guinness - he jumped and traveled well and then flew home from the last. This is a step up in class but I think he might cause a surprise.

Any thoughts?

Fat Jockey (ridden out claim) Big Bucks's Avatar
    Think Andy D has to win well here to live up to early expectations and hype. If he doesnt win where does he go from here?

Apprentice Fat Jockey (5lb claim) harchibald's Avatar
    Thanks for the reply Big Bucks. I was disappointed with Andy last time out and thought he just didn't fancy a battle. It appears most people think he was just outstayed though and will redeem his reputation today.

Looking forward to the Punchestown racing in particular today.

Professional Fat Jockey (and self-proclaimed Voice of Reason) quevega's Avatar
    I thought it looked like he was outstayed by a decent horse.
    But you'd have wanted him to find more ideally if he was to be good enough for a supreme.
    So looks vulnerable today to anything decent.

Professional Fat Jockey BigChaang's Avatar
    I thought Andy D looked a bit sluggish , so like you say Q , possibly vulnerable to .
    anything decent . was impressed with Captain Guinness , but same comment applies for me .
    If no other "superstars" emerge , I reckon you'd be pleased to have them in your book at decent odds.
    From what i have seen so far , I definitely like Fiddler on the roof for the Supreme , at this stage.