Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Professional Fat Jockey billymag's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Saxon Warrior View Post
    After Trials Day entries confirmed, I have added SPORTING JOHN @ 33/1 for the Ballymore.

He has already got an official mark of 146 after two small race wins at Exeter over 2M, and that puts him within shirt-pulling distance of the top novices without being tested properly yet.

I have him in the Supreme already, couldn’t avoid covering him here as I think he could possibly be a springer in the market with a win here.

Backed him with cashout today, so chance to recover something if my move today proves to be wrong at the weekend.

The 33/1 is a standout, the other main bookies are 20/1, and one at 25/1.

All the shards of 50.0 and 60.0 on BFX were hoovered up as soon as the weekend entries were released.

My Supreme bet on him is on the BFX, so if he wins I will be at the track and may cashout if the Supreme market goes lower (and just keep the Ballymore bet) to get my Supreme money back, or maybe a little profit.
    Really like him Saxon and ive done him any race 22/1 with hills using the boost. I thought hed go to exeter for the listed race over 2 miles but i wonder if that will now be where Chantry house runs. I do think EA will win the ballymore (not earth shattering stuff) so Im hoping Sporting John will go elsewhere. But best of luck I think hes a little underrated and im hoping he runs a huge race on Saturday.

Professional Fat Jockey Saxon Warrior's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by billymag View Post
    Really like him Saxon and ive done him any race 22/1 with hills using the boost. I thought hed go to exeter for the listed race over 2 miles but i wonder if that will now be where Chantry house runs. I do think EA will win the ballymore (not earth shattering stuff) so Im hoping Sporting John will go elsewhere. But best of luck I think hes a little underrated and im hoping he runs a huge race on Saturday.
    Cheers Billy. I think hes a good horse, and I will see how he looks in the pre-parade ring to see if he stands out or not. Hope he starts a bit bigger at the weekend than the first show.

Professional Fat Jockey billymag's Avatar
    Yes im there Saturday so looked at the markets today and was pretty disappointed with the ones i like, apart from Bristol De Mai who id make fav and hes 3/1. Obviously I might be slightly biased as I have a little soft spot for the horse, incase you couldnt tell.

Working through the handicaps in recent days, I’ve covered most of the hurdles with an early choice, but not the chases.

I had a shortlist of half-a-dozen, to go through the form and videos to see which race they would go for and which to discard, and who to back,

In the Grand Annual I had two on the list at 33/1, I’m A Game Changer and Brelan D’As.
    ‘Upping the Ante’ video dropped on You Tube in the last hour, and the sod has picked Brelan D’As for the Grand Annual, linking his owner-trainer route this season being similar to their winner of the race in 2018 (Le Prezien which I backed at 33/1 that season).
    So my hand is forced, to protect the price available to me crashing have taken the
    33/1 for Brelan D’As to win the Grand Annual.

I probably want I’m A Game Changer too, but I have time to study that one.

Watched the videos back, liked the win, and that he goes to the DRF to measure up against the Giggy horses, and managed to sneak in before the prices and back
    Appreciate It to win the Champion Bumper @ 14/1 with cashout.
    Last edited by Saxon Warrior; 01-21-2020 at 08:33 PM.

Landed in Cheltenham, and read up on tomorrow’s entries. I was already Interested in the form of Yukon Lil Hurdles debut and Robbie Power picking her out as one for the Mares Novice Hurdle at the Fez.

Let those thoughts swirl around out of sight at the back of my mind, until I noticed Paul Townend booked to ride her in the Mares Novice Super-Trial tomorrow from some strong WPM entries.

Not sure of the thinking behind the jockey options for the race, but as I already had her in mind, as another arrow, to fire at the Mares Novice mix I am not going to miss backing her now.

Took Yukon Lil 20/1 Mares Novice Hurdle.

Hoping both her and Dolcita don’t go down in tomorrow’s race.
    Last edited by Saxon Warrior; 01-24-2020 at 04:49 PM.

Fat Jockey (ridden out claim) Pendil's Avatar
    Landed in Cheltenham, and read up on tomorrow’s entries. I was already Interested in the form of Yukon Lil Hurdles debut and Robbie Power picking her out as one for the Mares Novice Hurdle at the Fez.

Let those thoughts swirl around out of sight at the back of my mind, until I noticed Paul Townend booked to ride her in the Mares Novice Super-Trial tomorrow from some strong WPM entries.

Not sure of the thinking behind the jockey options for the race, but as I already had her in mind, as another arrow, to fire at the Mares Novice mix I am not going to miss backing her now.

Took Yukon Lil 20/1 Mares Novice Hurdle.

Hoping both her and Dolcita don’t go down in tomorrow’s race.
    Meant to say SW that was excellent work you did in the intro pages for the handicap threads. Saves everybody a lot of time to have the past winners, or range etc when looking to try to solve the puzzles. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pendil View Post
    Meant to say SW that was excellent work you did in the intro pages for the handicap threads. Saves everybody a lot of time to have the past winners, or range etc when looking to try to solve the puzzles. Thanks
    You are a gent Pendil, thanks for those kind words. Feeling really appreciated now.

Back at B&B after some excellent racing at Cheltenham.

Lots of videos to watch, to assess all of the action I saw today, no bets placed during proceedings.

On course, I had an inner-smile at the comment made my one chap standing next to me in the William Hill betting shop next to the Arkle Bar, as OK Corral battled on to win at Donny on the screen. He turned to his friend and said “There goes my Kim Muir plot horse”.
    I couldn’t help but think it could be one of my fellow Fat Jockeys. Maybe it was, or a like-minded soul that hasn’t found us yet.

———————————

Couple of cash outs from portfolio today.
    Roksana - Mares Hurdle
    Yukon Lil - Mares Novice Hurdle

Lucky I got 20/1 YL so I could get full cash back, and cashed my full Roksana bet on the Exchanges too, for no loss. Can’t get the BDD run out of my head, and my Roksana bet was not much different to current prices.

On the smaller BFX bets I already had full cashout on Slate House for the RSA straight after his win at Kempton at Christmas. I managed to more than double that cashout in running today, when it was clear after a circuit, it wasn’t his day. Still got a bit left at 71 to cashout on BFX if the chance arises. Removed from my portfolio bets, it’s a cashed profit, and cú500 if he wins!!! but happy to take it out my list.

On to tomorrow, should get home in time to put RTV on and watch Carefully Selected and Ronald Pump clash.

Time to check all the Festival price moves now.
    Last edited by Saxon Warrior; 01-25-2020 at 09:13 PM.

Dalton Highway 33/1 Pertemps Hurdle Final.
    Taken with ability to cashout if the horse doesn’t take up his qualifier entry.

I have identified an interesting entry in the Mussleborough Pertemps Hurdle Qualifier in Dalton Highway for Dermot Weld, only twelve entered,

The story is told on the Pertemps Hurdle thread, link below.

http://www.fatjockey.com/forum/showt...l=1#post141904

Fat Jockey (ridden out claim) Pendil's Avatar
    Dalton Highway 33/1 Pertemps Hurdle Final.
    Taken with ability to cashout if the horse doesn’t take up his qualifier entry.

I have identified an interesting entry in the Mussleborough Pertemps Hurdle Qualifier in Dalton Highway for Dermot Weld, only twelve entered,

The story is told on the Pertemps Hurdle thread, link below.

http://www.fatjockey.com/forum/showt...l=1#post141904
    Loved the DH writeup. Maybe remind us all if he is declared. Are all your bets win only in this thread?