Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Festival Preview Nights 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Davy loves a sound bite at preview evenings; watch him say something completely different at his next one

Comment

Davy also said three years ago penhill had absolutely no chance in the ab......

Comment

I dont find Davy Russel in the slightest bit funny. His comments about the Triumph each year are just boring now.

People paying to attend these previews and he's putting everyone away, talking bollocks

Comment

Originally posted by JrowN20 View Post
          People paying to attend these previews and he's putting everyone away, talking bollocks
          To be fair many/most preview evenings are for charity and I think anyone who goes regularly will accept them for what they are, the days of hearing something for the first time are well gone, betfair and twitter make sure of that...

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
            To be fair many/most preview evenings are for charity and I think anyone who goes regularly will accept them for what they are, the days of hearing something for the first time are well gone, betfair and twitter make sure of that...
            I'd disagree with that comment. Whilst most previews are 95% just going over the same stuff you do get the odd gem to take away.

Davy does the preview I arrange, he is great fun and does love a wind up but he's given some gems away each year. Mall Dini when he won the Pertempts was one I recall and that was a huge price. He tipped a 40/1 shot from Elliott's each way which came 3rd, can't recall it's name but no one ha considered the horse. Richard Johnson said "you can have as much on as you like" about Fingal Bay when he won the Pertempts. Dave Crosse gave a 28/1 handicap winner which he knew had a wind op (pre new system) and was flying at home. Gems can come your way.

Comment

Mark, I’ve attended your evening for 10+ years, it’s a great evening and perfect for the eve of the festival as all everyone wants to talk about is racing, also, being the last of the previews most targets are known/announced.
              In this day and age there are so many previews it’s rare you get something new said unless something has happened that day - remember Altior’s foot problem two years ago when the Racing Post were dramatising the injury J McGrath said it was nothing and he’s all systems go.
              My point was more around twitter, bookmaker sponsored trainers blogs, podcasts and price changes on betfair will invariably tell a story ahead of preview discussion...

Comment

Originally posted by Ball Mark View Post
                I'd disagree with that comment. Whilst most previews are 95% just going over the same stuff you do get the odd gem to take away.

Davy does the preview I arrange, he is great fun and does love a wind up but he's given some gems away each year. Mall Dini when he won the Pertempts was one I recall and that was a huge price. He tipped a 40/1 shot from Elliott's each way which came 3rd, can't recall it's name but no one ha considered the horse. Richard Johnson said "you can have as much on as you like" about Fingal Bay when he won the Pertempts. Dave Crosse gave a 28/1 handicap winner which he knew had a wind op (pre new system) and was flying at home. Gems can come your way.
                It was Identity Thief two years ago.

For anyone who doesn’t like Davy - get a humour transplant, he’s great value.

Comment

Originally posted by Vautour View Post
                  It was Identity Thief two years ago.

For anyone who doesn’t like Davy - get a humour transplant, he’s great value.
                  Amen to that and some. Love the bloke.

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                    Mark, I’ve attended your evening for 10+ years, it’s a great evening and perfect for the eve of the festival as all everyone wants to talk about is racing, also, being the last of the previews most targets are known/announced.
                    In this day and age there are so many previews it’s rare you get something new said unless something has happened that day - remember Altior’s foot problem two years ago when the Racing Post were dramatising the injury J McGrath said it was nothing and he’s all systems go.
                    My point was more around twitter, bookmaker sponsored trainers blogs, podcasts and price changes on betfair will invariably tell a story ahead of preview discussion...
                    Thanks for the kind words about the preview night, glad you enjoy coming. Be sure to say Hello this year.

I do accept your point about Twitter etc. Hoping to speak with Jerry again before Monday week.

Comment

• We go (Used to) so we can hear something nice said about the nag we have over invested on.

Comment

• Any preview evenings today or this week that will be covered on Twitter? Enjoyable to follow whilst watching the football

Comment

• Originally posted by FaugheenTheMachine View Post
                          Any preview evenings today or this week that will be covered on Twitter? Enjoyable to follow whilst watching the football
                          Star Sports have got one tonight with Davy Russell on the panel - imagine they'll cover it on twitter as they're pretty active. They've got another one tomorrow too with Skelton's no.2 that I'm more interested in...

Comment

• I said it last year but someone (not me) should make a note of Davy's recommendations at each preview. A tabulation at the end of the week might be interesting reading.

Comment

• No Chester preview night unfortunately this year. I asked them on Twitter earlier today

Comment

• Star sports starting to load up on YouTube Davy & Dickie

Last edited by Old Vic; 26 February 2020, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X