Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Festival Preview Nights 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheltenham Festival Preview Nights 2020

Let it begin.

I can already taste the stew at Chester Racecourse!

Comment

OFFICIAL PREVIEW EVENING
      For The Festival™ presented by Magners

Sunday 8th March 2020

Located in The Centaur, at Cheltenham Racecourse, join us for our official preview evening ahead of The Cheltenham Festival. Racing legends will all take to the stage to share their tips ahead of four extraordinary days of racing at Cheltenham.

The panel will discuss the feature races at The Festival 2020:

The Sky Bet Supreme Novices’ Hurdle Race Champion Hurdle
      The Betway Queen Mother Champion Chase
      The RSA Insurance Novices' Steeple Chase
      The Ryanair Chase
      The Stayers’ Hurdle
      The Magners Cheltenham Gold Cup
      The JCB Triumph Hurdle

Who will be on the panel?

20 time Champion Jockey Sir Anthony McCoy
      Cheltenham legend Ruby Walsh
      Festival winning trainer Emma Lavelle

Our Preview Evening will be hosted by BBC Radio 5 Live presenter Cornelius Lysaght.

Gates open: 6.15pm
      Finishes: approx. 10pm

I will post info about the one in Birmingham once it is out

Comment

The main problem with the Preview Nights that I have been to, is I don’t want to know about the main Grade 1 race selections each day, we know all of the runners, have a view and already placed the bets.

It’s the Novice races and the Handicaps that are of interest, and they give the latter very little time.

Maybe if they did one the other way round, spent little time on picking Paisley Park, Altior and Al Boum Photo, and the majority of the time on the Handicaps, then I would pay to go to that.
        "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

Originally posted by Hamptonfox View Post
          The main problem with the Preview Nights that I have been to, is I don’t want to know about the main Grade 1 race selections each day, we know all of the runners, have a view and already placed the bets.

It’s the Novice races and the Handicaps that are of interest, and they give the latter very little time.

Maybe if they did one the other way round, spent little time on picking Paisley Park, Altior and Al Boum Photo, and the majority of the time on the Handicaps, then I would pay to go to that.
          Think most on here know as much in general than most panel members.
          It's just the odd titbit you can get regarding targets and stuff that can be worth sitting through two hours.
          There's normally at least one minutes worth that can be of use.
          But that's enough for me.

Comment

The preview circuit starts so early that it's impossible to give the handicaps much time as the shape of those races is almost impossible to call. At least with the grade 1s you have a decent idea of who will line up. Imagine spending 20 minutes on the coral cup and the horses you talk about either don't make the cut or turn up in the country hurdle.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
              The preview circuit starts so early that it's impossible to give the handicaps much time as the shape of those races is almost impossible to call. At least with the grade 1s you have a decent idea of who will line up. Imagine spending 20 minutes on the coral cup and the horses you talk about either don't make the cut or turn up in the country hurdle.
              The ones I have been too were after the Handicap entries, and weights, so the market was reasonably well formed, and some of the panel ought to be able to find out potential plans from the trainers for those races before turning up to a Preview. Plus of course the trainers and jockeys in attendance.

The food was good though, and the boosted prices to £50 max on the big races. Remember getting Hurricane Fly at a decent price at one.
              "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

Originally posted by Hamptonfox View Post
                The ones I have been too were after the Handicap entries, and weights, so the market was reasonably well formed, and some of the panel ought to be able to find out potential plans from the trainers for those races before turning up to a Preview. Plus of course the trainers and jockeys in attendance.

The food was good though, and the boosted prices to £50 max on the big races. Remember getting Hurricane Fly at a decent price at one.
                Good to here Fox.
                You can be one of the live reporters
                I'm sure there'll be a thread for live texting from preview evenings.
                Great fun they are

Comment

Cant wait...4 weeks until we start reading all the notes and quotes each evening.

Comment

Anyone know if there’s a preview in Cheltenham on Monday 9th? We’re heading down on the Monday afternoon so would be good to take one in. There’s was one at Cheltenham football club on the Monday last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Stormez View Post
                      Anyone know if there’s a preview in Cheltenham on Monday 9th? We’re heading down on the Monday afternoon so would be good to take one in. There’s was one at Cheltenham football club on the Monday last year.
                      There’s one at Cheltenham Town FC but this is a private one organised by Mark Ball who used to run the Lets Live Racing syndicate.
                      He came in here last year when tickets were available so will probably do the same this year.

The Hollow Bottom used to have one on Monday evening too but the pub has changed hands and I’ve no idea whether new owners plan operating the same way...

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                        There’s one at Cheltenham Town FC but this is a private one organised by Mark Ball who used to run the Lets Live Racing syndicate.
                        He came in here last year when tickets were available so will probably do the same this year.

The Hollow Bottom used to have one on Monday evening too but the pub has changed hands and I’ve no idea whether new owners plan operating the same way...
                        Thanks Ista

Comment

Originally posted by Stormez View Post
                          Thanks Ista
                          Email just went out today re. tickets. Get in touch with mark ball at letsliveracing@aol.com.

Always a good night. Tickets are £15 with a £5 free bet from skybet and £400 in sky bet prizes raffles off.

Davy Russell and Dave Crosse on the panel with a few others. Russell is always good and Crosse was pretty funny last year too.

Comment

Originally posted by Vautour View Post
                            Email just went out today re. tickets. Get in touch with mark ball at letsliveracing@aol.com.

Always a good night. Tickets are £15 with a £5 free bet from skybet and £400 in sky bet prizes raffles off.

Davy Russell and Dave Crosse on the panel with a few others. Russell is always good and Crosse was pretty funny last year too.
                            Great thanks, I’ll email them

Comment

Cheltenham Festival Preview in Revolution Bar, Waterford City. Friday 28th February 2020.

Panel - Andrew Halligan, Dave O Keefe & Tom Raine from YouTubes The Finishing Line Podcast, Jane Mangan (ex Grade 1 winning Jockey and Racing TV/RTE Racing Analyst), Emmet Kennedy (At The Races/The Final Furlong Podcast presenter), Kevin Sexton (Jockey), MC is Matt Keane (Sports Correspondent for WLR FM)

Tickets €20 - Includes 1 free entry for the 2 nights stay (2 people) in the Louis Fitzgerald Hotel with breakfast each morning along with one evening meal and transfers over and back to Punchestown, plus tickets to the races

Get your tickets at the link below...

The most anticipated Cheltenham Festival Preview Night of the year. A night not to be missed wit a great panel and great prizes on the night
                              Last edited by Halligan135; 18 January 2020, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X