Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Poll - Altior vs Cyrname / Bristol De Mai vs Lostintranslation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll - Altior vs Cyrname / Bristol De Mai vs Lostintranslation

By popular demand....
    Altior and Bristol De Mai
    41.18%
    Altior and Lostintranslation
    23.53%
    Cyrname and Bristol De Mai
    23.53%
    Cyrname and Lostintranslation
    5.88%
    Any other combo (please comment)
    5.88%

The poll is expired.

No anonymity for me.

Cyrname & BDM.

I must admit. I kind of hope the other two win, as it is probably more exciting for racing going forward, particularly LIT.
    But logic tells me different on this occasion.
    2 very close matches though on paper.

Comment

It isn't anonymous my friend... if you click on the number by the side you can see who voted where...

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
        It isn't anonymous my friend... if you click on the number by the side you can see who voted where...

Sophistication's not my thing. impressive.
        Cheers for setting up btw.

Comment

It's a heart vote more than a head one.
          I said Altior could go 5 years unbeaten in his novice hurdle season, and having been married for 20 years I'd enjoy the rare pleasure of being right for once....

Comment

BALLYOPTIC and CYRNAME

I may back both Ballyoptic and Frodon in 2 doubles with Ctrname though.

Comment

The figures are generated by people with far more knowledge of racing than myself but i've never actually been too concerned with OR / RPR etc. Half the time they are fairly dubious. So despite what the figures suggest, how they show one is on an incline and one a decline / stalled...I just think Altior is the better horse between the pair when it comes down to it. Whatever the ratings suggest i'd also have the beating of UDS first time out last season as a performance right up there and one that seems to have been fairly forgotten?! Ascot / going right handed won't be enough of a hinderance to bring about defeat which is the only thing against him. If this was say in the Melling Chase at Aintree i'd be all over Altior for it. Comparisons between Cyrname at Ascot and BdM at Haydock have been made by the media leading up to this race but it's fairly different (he's actually lost convincingly 3/5 runs at the track) I fully expect the step up to help Altior. And unlike after the last few seasons where he's had to face very different tactics, horses trying to pounce etc, the race could actually be just what he needs. And it might just give him that OR figure that people are using a stick to beat him

Think Lostintranslation is incredibly exciting and the horse to be with as the season progresses but it's a huge task on his hands up against Bristol de Mai. Outside of Aintree (which is a track he's never done particularly well at - 4253) he had his strongest and most consistent season last year. No reason to think he's on the downgrade. As good as LiT's Carlisle run was visually, he had plenty in hand and was expected to do what he did. To expect him to now topple BdM at Haydock is a step too far at this stage of the season for me.

Think the pair will do it fairly easy tomorrow actually...

Unfortunately i'll be on a plane to Edinburgh that departs at 2:05 tomorrow afternoon so i'll miss both races

Comment

No surprise whatsoever to see that its Frodon and Ballyoptic who all the betfair chase money is going on.

The Altior v cyrname is defintely a 2 horse race. The betfair chase is very much a 4 runner race.

Comment

Ballyoptic beat Top Ville Ben 33 1/4 lengths at Top Villes home ground (wetherby). Lostintranslation beat him 6 lengths.

BALLYOPTIC 18/1
                  LOSTINTRANSLATION 15/8

You dont need to be Sherlock Holmes to realise these odds are all wrong.

Comment

what do i win

Comment

Originally posted by Lostintranslation View Post
                      what do i win
                      The Gold Cup probably

Comment

Originally posted by Lostintranslation View Post
                        what do i win
                        Well done. 1 winner.

You win being a team captain for one of the Fat Jockey yankee's this season.

Comment

Working...
                        X