Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

November Forum Yankee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• November Forum Yankee

Finally, we have something we can work with most of last years big guns being out by the end of November.

I’d like to throw Thyme Hill into the hat. Seems most on here are impressed with the performance over the weekend, and would be a good candidate for the AB.
    Last edited by Anay Turge; 19 November 2019, 07:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Anay Turge View Post
      I like to throw Thyme Hill into the hat. Seems most on here are impressed with the performance on the weekend, and would be a could candidate for the AB
      Agree with this and still value at his current price.

Comment

An ‘over reaction’ to a ‘below par’ seasonal reappearance Yankee could be tasty. KD @ 6/1 in the CH and DW @ 20/1 in the GC the two that stand out. On the basis that nothing is being primed for November and most will need a run, could be an interesting angle to take

Comment

I like that idea charlie but we probably have those in yankees already, if they’re not in FJ yankees then I certainly have them...

Comment

I like being made to back things I wouldn't usually, so Yanworth?

If anything happened Tiger Roll (more likely to retire than any other horse and already injured?)....

Comment

I wouldn’t go near a horse that has never raced over banks, they are a unique test of balance and agility as well as speed.
              Hopefully he’ll have an entry in Dec and we can gauge how he takes to them...

Comment

A few on the antepost thread were mentioned at big prices, Hampton fox asked the question.
                Depending upon if you want a reasonably sure target then these are all interesting. To choose from - all probably less fashionable either due to reputation/trainer or last run, but all potential players

Tornado Flyer 33-1 arkle
                Melon 25-1 arkle
                Notebook 25-1 arkle
                Nube begra 33-1 arkle

Sam spinner 33-1 RSA
                champagne classic 33-1 RSA

A Plus tard 25-1 Ryanair

Windsor Avenue 25-1 JLT

Comment

Nube Begra ?

sounds a lot better

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                    I wouldn’t go near a horse that has never raced over banks, they are a unique test of balance and agility as well as speed.
                    Hopefully he’ll have an entry in Dec and we can gauge how he takes to them...
                    Me neither my friend, but he did at Punchestown over the weekend. I don't even want to back him so not sure why I'm banging the drum here haha

https://www.racingpost.com/results/195/punchestown/2019-11-17/745104

Comment

Good spot Kev, have to say I missed that Irish banks race.
                      3m was probably the right introduction given Yanworth was fav for the Champion Hurdle a couple of years ago.
                      I’ve often felt the Cheltenham cross country course is tighter than Punchestown, obstacles seem to come quicker and turns appear more exaggerated, I could be wrong, but I think Cheltenham is a different test.

But I backed Tea for Two ante post before Sunday’s race so probably safe to ignore anything garbage I come out with....

Comment

Cheltenham is a very different test but you'd like to see him go over the course before March.

I had a share in Lord Noelie when he came 4th in this on his first x-course run. There are fewer fences to disrupt a rhythm than at Punchestown but 3m7f still takes some getting and I'm not that confident that it will suit.

Comment

Wonderful horse archie, remember his RSA well (still a course record ?) and I remember holding a 33/1 voucher for the following years Gold Cup and as the horror of foot and mouth unfolded where travel bans were imposed on all Irish and French horses I suddenly had the 7/4 fav, the rest of course is history....

Comment

I only got involved when he came back from his injury but it was quite special to see him give Bridget Nicholls her first winner and being in the winners enclosure after the cross country. Left-handed on good ground he was very good.

Comment

I took the 20's before he ran Sunday, so coming from a different angle than those looking at 6-1 now.
                              But he seemed to love all the banks and bumps, and for a big horse, the twists and turns seemed no bother.
                              Cheltenham course is different, although I think there are less banks than Punchestown.

Comment

Working...
                              X