Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

10 to Follow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 to Follow

TEN TO FOLLOW 19-20
    Rules
    We will follow the same pattern as in recent years in relation to the scoring with the points details below.
    • The competition will now run from the Friday of the Open meeting at Cheltenham (15th November) until Grand National day in April.
    • There will be a prize for the leader at the end of racing on 1st January 2020
    You can pick ANY horse (even 3 year old hurdlers). To help you I suggest you check the ante post markets for the Cheltenham festival and the early season bonus races like the Betvictor Gold Cup or the Henessey (now known as the Ladbroke).
    Entries must be e-mailed to shyndssb@yahoo.co.uk before the first race on Friday 15th November.
    Entry fee will be the usual £25 and this year I will be asking for the payment up front. If you can pay me online as most of you do, that’s fine or you can go in to any Ulster Bank and lodge the money in my account. My account details are:
    Account name: S R HYNDS
    Sort Code: 98-05-40
    Account number 25907270
    Please put your initials and TTF in the payment reference code.
    Prizes
    I will announce the prize details when all the money is collected. The number of entries will dictate the prize money but there will be a prize of £100 paid to the leader at the end of 1st January 2020 and also £150 to the highest points scorer at the Cheltenham festival. There are no monthly prizes.
    Point Scoring details below.
    Selections winning Jump races (under the Rules of Racing in Great Britain or Ireland, includes those all weather bumpers) during the period of the competition will be awarded points as follows:
    VALUE POINTS
    IN A RACE WORTH £30,000 OR MORE TO THE WINNER 25
    IN A RACE WORTH £25,000 UP TO £29,999 TO THE WINNER 20
    IN A RACE WORTH £15,000 UP TO £24,999 TO THE WINNER 15
    IN A RACE WORTH £10,000 UP TO £14,999 TO THE WINNER 12
    IN A RACE WORTH LESS THAN £10,000 TO THE WINNER 10

Prize money will be taken as the published racecard Penalty Value to the winner. For races in Ireland, prize money published in Euro will be converted to Sterling at the conversion rate of €1.20 to £1.
    In the event of a dead-heat, points will be divided by the number of horses dead-heating with fractions rounded down. No points for a walkover. The official result on the day will be used for the calculation of points with any subsequent disqualifications disregarded.

Bonus Race Points
    An additional 25 points will be awarded to the winner and 12 points to the runner-up in each of the following races:
    Race Course & Month
    BET VICTOR POWER GOLD CUP CHELTENHAM (NOVEMBER)
    LADBROKE TROPHY (formerly HENNESSY GOLD CUP CHASE) NEWBURY (30TH NOVEMBER)
    WILLIAM HILL KING GEORGE VI CHASE KEMPTON PARK (DECEMBER)
    IRISH CHAMPION HURDLE LEOPARDSTOWN (FEBRUARY)
    IRISH GOLD CUP LEOPARDSTOWN (FEBRUARY)
    CHAMPION HURDLE CHELTENHAM, (MARCH)
    ARKLE CHALLENGE TROPHY CHELTENHAM, (MARCH)
    QUEEN MOTHER CHAMPION CHASE CHELTENHAM, (MARCH)
    RSA CHASE CHELTENHAM, (MARCH)
    WORLD HURDLE CHELTENHAM, (MARCH)
    RYANAIR CHASE CHELTENHAM, (MARCH)
    CHELTENHAM GOLD CUP CHELTENHAM, (MARCH)
    AINTREE HURDLE (2 MILE 4 RACE) AINTREE, (APRIL)
    GRAND NATIONAL AINTREE, (APRIL)

BONUS POINTS
    Bonus Points according to the official Tote Win dividend odds - including a £1 unit stake, will be awarded to winning selections as follows:
    £4 to £7 4 points
    Over £7 up to £11 7 points
    Over £11 up to £16 11 points
    Over £16 up to £22 16 points
    Over £22 up to £29 22 points
    Over £29 up to £37 29 points
    Over £37 37 points
    In the event of no Tote Win dividend being declared, the Starting Price will determine any bonus points. Should neither a Tote win dividend nor a Starting Price be returned, bonus points will not apply.
    BONUS HORSES
    During the bonus horse window you can add two FREE selections to your original list and then the highest scoring 10 horses from your 12 selections will count*.
    The Bonus Window opens two weeks before the Cheltenham festival and closes at midnight on the Sunday before the festival.
    *Points scored by Bonus selections qualify for points from the first day of the festival.

Just incase anyone didnt see the other thread, I don't actually run this, a few members were just asking about entering. It's a friend of a friend. I have entered it for the past 6 years, never won anything but decent set up and ran well!

Maybe drop me a pm if our entering so i can give the guy a heads up!

Cheers

PS If anyone not entering but wants to give me a bit of advise on who to pick feel free haha

Maybe bit late notice as 2 days away but i would even be up for entering a Stable for charity with your guys input, similar to how you vote for your festival yankees, nominate or vote for horses, top 10 then go in? Just an idea!
    Last edited by Big Bucks; 13 November 2019, 06:41 AM.

Comment

Might struggle to g et enough interest with only a couple of days but you never know.

I think I'd need to be a better studier of the fixture list to do well in it... I have no idea what eac hrace is worth bar the National being £1m!

Comment

I know I put this up late, and with what's going on at present can only hope competition runs again next season! But with that being said, again an idea if does go ahead to enter a team for charity?

Ps I finished 4th this season, personal best!

Comment

Be sure to flag to it when they annouce it for the new season and we'll see what the interest is like BB

Comment

Working...
          X