Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham November Meeting Antepost discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hamptonfox View Post
    Beautiful sunny morning at Cheltenham. Its going to be a great day today walking up to the racecourse late morning with Shiny Happy People.
    Envious H.F , have a Great day ...
    Last edited by BigChaang; 16 November 2019, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by quevega View Post
      If the betvictor is on.
      I've gone off the market leaders, even though I like all three.
      Gone for
      Belami des pictons 27-1 ew
      Happy Diva 22-1 ew
      Splash of ginge 44-1 ew
      magic saint 22-1 ew

That should do me for now
      Couldn't have gone much better

Comment

Originally posted by charlie View Post
        Dancing On My Own
        Mick Pastor
        Wholestone
        32/1

1.50 - Potters Legend @ 8/1 - Cheltenham form reads pretty well, ground will suit and he's a chaser all over. LTO at Cheltenham over hurdles was a prep for this and he runs off bottom weight.

2.25 Backed Belami Des Pictons on Monday @ 20/1 EW & Happy Diva @ 16/1 EW. Re BDP, VW didn't target the race with Cepage or Aso (Opatcho's point) which I thought was interesting because it seemed an obvious place for them to go. Will love conditions and Venetia is in flying form. After the same owners transferred Yala Enki to PN i reckon she will be out to prove a point with this fella. Happy Diva doesn't know how not to place, was unlucky last year and I think that's a fair EW price for a potentially well handicapped horse.
        HD finally gets her moment and BDP places.

Comment

Thanks to the guys who tipped up Happy Diva, 2pts on the tote at 20s

Comment

Well done to everyone of Happy Diva. I had a beast, ended up with 7 horses and got a bit back from Brelan but a poor days betting for me today

Comment

Good day for me today. 2pts on happy diva and 2pts on Urban Artist in the last

Comment

Yeah , Well done To the Happy Diva's .

Comment

Originally posted by quevega View Post
                  Couldn't have gone much better
                  Superb Q, well done!

Well done all the winners

and the 6 places, meaning I wasn't as wounded about not following up on the Belami Des Picton workings that was an excellent tip too.
                  Last edited by Kevloaf; 18 November 2019, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Sorry to dig up an old thread. Thought it was a bit early to start a new one.

Do we see either Simply the Betts or Imperial Aura heading for the BV Gold Cup?

Comment

I think so, would have nice chances either of them i obviously like Topofthegame but id back either of these aswell

Comment

Originally posted by ryanh97 View Post
                        Sorry to dig up an old thread. Thought it was a bit early to start a new one.

Do we see either Simply the Betts or Imperial Aura heading for the BV Gold Cup?
                        The natural arrival point for both horses who have already ran in two or three Novice/Handicap chases at Cheltenham last season- if they have one more handicap in them off their official ratings.
                        Last edited by Saxon Warrior; 25 August 2020, 12:35 PM.
                        "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

I quite like the look of Brewinupastorm for the BV. I've no idea if Olly is planning on targeting him here, but off his current mark I'd be all over him.
                          Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more I sweat, the luckier I get.

Comment

Originally posted by Spectre View Post
                            I quite like the look of Brewinupastorm for the BV. I've no idea if Olly is planning on targeting him here, but off his current mark I'd be all over him.
                            In theory he would be very well in but his jumping would have to be a major concern coming into this, especially if it was his seasonal reappearance as he has very little experience and hasnt impressed in that department to date

Comment

Have seen the bookies have priced up for the Greatwood. Am pretty sweet on edwardstone but he's a top priced 10's. I optimistically, and somewhat niavely, thought I would be able to get closer to double that haha we live in hope.

The other 2 who interest me at the prices are last years winners Harambe (20/1) and Mister Coffey (also 20/1). I am pretty sure King will send Harambe here (he did last year) but haven't heard anything re Mister Coffey but am convinced he is a better horse than he showed LTO.

Anyone have any early fancies?

Comment

Originally posted by Hardy Eustace View Post
                                Have seen the bookies have priced up for the Greatwood. Am pretty sweet on edwardstone but he's a top priced 10's. I optimistically, and somewhat niavely, thought I would be able to get closer to double that haha we live in hope.

The other 2 who interest me at the prices are last years winners Harambe (20/1) and Mister Coffey (also 20/1). I am pretty sure King will send Harambe here (he did last year) but haven't heard anything re Mister Coffey but am convinced he is a better horse than he showed LTO.

Anyone have any early fancies?
                                ...agree about Edwardstone (I note in his Festival Review, Scooby suggested Edwardstone ‘has a big pot in him’). Bit surprised it doesn’t appear in Festival any race markets.

I chucked a speculative double on Edwardstone @ 10-1 (greatwwod) with Farouk D’alene 40-1 (Bartlett).

Comment

Working...
                                X