Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cross Country 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr Cottin might just have another superstar CC horse in his yard by the name of Friendly Star that could put it up to Easyslands and there is another really young up and coming XC star by the name of Uniketat who could also be a big threat should he make the journey over having beaten FS fair and Square giving him weight at Pau in January. The French are the biggest threat to Easyslands, not Tiger.

Comment

• I’d agree with that, although Easysland looks a class act anyway. Also is there a possibility that Willie could send Faugheen that way? If not what else will he go for that he’d have a realistic chance in?
      Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more I sweat, the luckier I get.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spectre View Post
        I’d agree with that, although Easysland looks a class act anyway. Also is there a possibility that Willie could send Faugheen that way? If not what else will he go for that he’d have a realistic chance in?
        I can't have Faugheen in any race myself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spectre View Post
          I’d agree with that, although Easysland looks a class act anyway. Also is there a possibility that Willie could send Faugheen that way? If not what else will he go for that he’d have a realistic chance in?
          I wouldn't like to see him in the Cross Country. I'm right behind the "he's a racehorse, run him" school of thought... I don't like it when horses get personified and it gets thrust upon them that they can "enjoy their retirement in a field"... no evidence for that, we can't measure a horses happiness, as technically they don't have 'happiness', it's a human emotion.

However, I have no interest in seeing how Faugheen would perform in this sphere. Bang him in the Ryanair, the extra two furlongs would have suited him in the Marsh Chase!

Likely too old to be winning, but if he's in good form, run him. Also, more likely if he has a last hurrah, it's not at Cheltenham...

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
            I wouldn't like to see him in the Cross Country. I'm right behind the "he's a racehorse, run him" school of thought... I don't like it when horses get personified and it gets thrust upon them that they can "enjoy their retirement in a field"... no evidence for that, we can't measure a horses happiness, as technically they don't have 'happiness', it's a human emotion.

However, I have no interest in seeing how Faugheen would perform in this sphere. Bang him in the Ryanair, the extra two furlongs would have suited him in the Marsh Chase!

Likely too old to be winning, but if he's in good form, run him. Also, more likely if he has a last hurrah, it's not at Cheltenham...
            Hear hear. If it was up to me I would can this race. Won’t happen but I wouldn’t lose a wink of sleep if it did.

Comment

Working...
            X