Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cross Country 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cross Country 2020

Can't see a thread.....

Hopefully we get to witness the mighty Tiger Roll win.

Anyway, reason for starting this thread is Yanworth entered at Cheltenham on Friday. An interesting addition.

What Rules apply for the Cross Country Chase , if any . ??.
    I've got Fact of the matter and Urgent de gregaine in a multi so far ,.
    i Think Scooby said Urgent may be out ??.

Comment

Originally posted by BigChaang View Post
      What Rules apply for the Cross Country Chase , if any . ??.
      I've got Fact of the matter and Urgent de gregaine in a multi so far ,.
      i Think Scooby said Urgent may be out ??.
      Urgent entered in Friday.

Comment

Tiger wins.

Thread closed.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanh97 View Post
          Tiger wins.

Thread closed.
          Hopefully on to party time at Aintree
          Fat Jockey Patron (est. Jan 2021)

Comment

Despite my obvious bias......one thing to watch is slightly diff prep this year

Suspect Gordon has his big eyes on Aintree history.....so maybe more of a focus this year

Can’t see anything to beat the mighty one yet....but if there are, maybe new entrants to CC plotted up

Comment

Yanworth does have some class.

I don't think I want to take 20/1 or 25/1 to see whether he takes to it though and then hope he is good enough to beat Tiger Roll.

I think in this race, we'll get an "each way price" still about any challenger when we've got all the evidence.

I'd probably rather watch Yanworth win and back him at a shorter price than take the punt now.

Same for any horse in this division, as no matter what happens, if Tiger Roll lines up, he'll go off fav.

Comment

If Tiger turns up he wins, there is no decent opponent to worry him based on the current market.

Can anyone explain why horses from the Foxhunters never enter this race? I don’t understand the criteria of a Hunter Chaser except having a hunting certificate and finishing in the places of a few hunter chase races. Why wouldn’t Hazel Hill or Road to Rome have a crack at this cross country race? they would probably be more competitive than most of the current opponents to Tiger Roll? Is it based on ratings? Josies Orders is rated 130 and Tiger Roll 159 whilst Hazel Hill is rated 147. I appreciate the layout of the fences is different but why wouldn’t a hunter chaser have a pop at the Cross Country or vice versa?? Forgive my stupidity but the amateur riders aside surely the Cross Country Race is easier to win with a decent horse than the chaos of the Foxhunters? Plus it’s better price money in the Cross Country race

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                  Yanworth does have some class.

I don't think I want to take 20/1 or 25/1 to see whether he takes to it though and then hope he is good enough to beat Tiger Roll.

I think in this race, we'll get an "each way price" still about any challenger when we've got all the evidence.

I'd probably rather watch Yanworth win and back him at a shorter price than take the punt now.

Same for any horse in this division, as no matter what happens, if Tiger Roll lines up, he'll go off fav.

Very professional advice

Yanworth is a bit of a rogue....might do nearer time....tho not so sure risk EW on him

Comment

Very, very interesting entry in XCC on Friday. Vyta Du Roc now with Gordon. Still same ownership as far as I can see. Gordon gave COC and Tiger a cheeky introduction to the XCC at Cheltenham, both tailed off. The following March both won the big one at the Fez having been suitably backed before the race. Could he be at it again ??? Taken the 33's just in case.

Comment

Very, very interesting entry in XCC on Friday. Vyta Du Roc now with Gordon. Still same ownership as far as I can see. Gordon gave COC and Tiger a cheeky introduction to the XCC at Cheltenham, both tailed off. The following March both won the big one at the Fez having been suitably backed before the race. Could he be at it again ??? Taken the 33's just in case.

Comment

Must be a cert....someone else posted the same as me...lol !

Comment

Originally posted by Lobos View Post
                          Was only 7th last year when with Hendo.

You might be right, but Yanworth with Bolger training might be bigger risk to the mighty one in March....if he takes to it

Comment

When COC won the strong fav all year was JP's other horse Cantlow. COC was smashed into 4's from all odds and won as he liked. The following year COC was the strong fav all year but his stablemate Tiger was smashed in from big odds and won as he liked. Just have a feeling VDR may spoil the Tiger party.
                            Last edited by Lobos; 11 November 2019, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Tea for Two was just starting to creep into the race last season when unseating about a mile out, Jumped OK in the main up to that point.
                              For those with a 365 account it may be worth a small play at 33/1 before Friday as any half decent showing will likely see his price plunge...

Comment

Working...
                              X