Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Handicap Shortlist - Cheltenham 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another one of 'those' runs for Glenloe. Im definitely going to be backing him at the Festival when they step him up in trip...

Comment

• Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
      Another one of 'those' runs for Glenloe. Im definitely going to be backing him at the Festival when they step him up in trip...
      66/1 NHC well worth a go

Comment

Another one of 'those' runs for Glenloe. Im definitely going to be backing him at the Festival when they step him up in trip...
        He'll not have a high enough rating if he carries on.
        Probably need to win one now.
        Another go at the pertemps might be his best chance.

Comment

• Im hoping Ultima myself.

Novices have a great record in the race and he's proven he can stay 3m at Cheltenham.

Comment

Im hoping Ultima myself.

Novices have a great record in the race and he's proven he can stay 3m at Cheltenham.
            off 135, his best hope is the kim muir, even with a couple of british handicapper pounds,

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
              off 135, his best hope is the kim muir, even with a couple of british handicapper pounds,
              Yes that too... anything around 140 would be spot on for the Ultima though.

Comment

• Really like Canardier for the close bros. Thought he travelled through his beginners chase yesterday with real menace before coming down at the last. I think he can go on to be a much better horse over fences than hurdles (rated 143)

Annoyed that William Hill have added him into the any race market at 25s as I’d have liked him to be bigger than that.

Comment

• Never adapt has an entry on Friday at Cheltenham in a handicap hurdle.

Looking forward to that one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stormy Antarctic View Post
                    Really like Canardier for the close bros. Thought he travelled through his beginners chase yesterday with real menace before coming down at the last. I think he can go on to be a much better horse over fences than hurdles (rated 143)

Annoyed that William Hill have added him into the any race market at 25s as I’d have liked him to be bigger than that.

....I recall Barry Geraghty giving lots of positive messages about Canardier in the lead up to last years festival. It’s clearly well regarded and finished 5th in the Coral Cup.
                    Last edited by Eggs; 9 December 2019, 08:35 AM.

Comment

• Blazer was keeping interesting company at the Punchestown gallop yesterday. He may or may not be a Cheltenham plot but he has interesting entries later this month.

Comment

• Just noticed some of the handicap entries at Navan for 2m4 hurdle:

Mengli Khan, Barra + Thatsy.

MK and Thatsy are currently without marks in Ireland..

Comment

• Spiritofthegames could be a classic Dodgy Dan plot for the Brown at the festival, be watching how he runs Saturday with intrigue for sure!

Comment

• I will be keeping a close eye on Beakstown in the Ryman nov ch in Cheltenham on Saturday if he is declared. They probably want extra 2 or 3lbs extra sometime towards getting into Close bros in March. Unlikely to be a bet on Saturday

Comment

• He already been pretty well found in the any race market at 16/1 someone obviously has been backing him for handicaps via that route.

Comment

• 25/1 I might have been tempted but not @ 16/1

Comment

Working...
                                X