Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Handicap Shortlist - Cheltenham 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
    I was the idiot that started this thread last year so I’m glad someone took that crown from me this season. I opened the thread with Talkischeap for the Ultima and Nube Negra for the County Hurdle.
    Let's hope this idiot fairs better

Comment

Off you go.
      Charles Byrnes/ JP.

He Let the leaders go off, and Was hunted around over an inadequate trip there after. 2 more simular runs over 2 miles Will do the trick.

To stepped up in trip with a lower mark than his ability.
      https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
      Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
        Off you go.
        Charles Byrnes/ JP.

He Let the leaders go off, and Was hunted around over an inadequate trip there after. 2 more simular runs over 2 miles Will do the trick.

To stepped up in trip with a lower mark than his ability.
        5/2 in the Grand Annual when they fly off at a ridiculous pace and he stays on

Comment

J'OB's Speak Easy definitely one to keep an eye on for one on the staying handicaps. Ran very well at Fairyhouse today considering he was coming off an 18month lay off.

Comment

Originally posted by cpfcpatriot View Post
            Beakstown

Someone had to say it!

As mentioned above, Skelton is a handicap king. The Owners like a dodgy one as well.

Festival Plate?
            He was absolutely enormous at Newbury and I don't mean fat, I just mean big. Champ came in looking fairly relaxed like he could go another mile no bother wheres Beakstown came back in gasping for air like he smoked 40 a day and had just run a marathon!

Comment

Originally posted by charlie View Post
              He was absolutely enormous at Newbury and I don't mean fat, I just mean big. Champ came in looking fairly relaxed like he could go another mile no bother wheres Beakstown came back in gasping for air like he smoked 40 a day and had just run a marathon!
              Hes dropped 1lb to 139 wont want to drop much further if they are thinking about the Close Brothers

Comment

Originally posted by billymag View Post
                Hes dropped 1lb to 139 wont want to drop much further if they are thinking about the Close Brothers
                The Close Brothers usually requires a bit of boot to win in my eyes. For me Beakstown would be one for the 3 mile handicap on day one of the Festival Plate over 2m 5f. Novices can do well in both those races too.

Comment

Will pop this one in here (from the Antepost thread)

Originally posted by jono View Post
                  An obvious one but will be keeping a close eye on Tower Bridge in the 15:25 at Naas tomorrow. Currently rated 141 over fences. Could run and would be of interest in any handicap at the festival. 5th in the Albert Bartlett and 2nd in last seasons Close Brothers. I feel he hasn't quite showed his true hand over fences having yet to run over 3 miles and with come fairly classy hurdles form including that 5th in the AB, 3rd at Aintree behind Santini and Roksana and a grade 1 win at the Dublin racing festival.
                  And Glenloe has an entry for Saturday at Punchestown. 2m3f Beginners Chase. Finally get that handicap mark and allow I quote Gordon Elliott in his RP stable tour..."to have some fun with him"

Captain obvious with 2 JP horses of course. Must reconsider this...
                  http://www.fatjockey.com/forum/showt...l=1#post109551
                  Last edited by jono; 12 November 2019, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jono View Post
                    Will pop this one in here (from the Antepost thread)
                    ....coincidentally, I posted this morning that Mark Howard (in his Sporting Life column) made Tower Bridge his ‘eye catcher of the week’ and suggested it could be one for the Paddy Power Chase at Leopardstown over the holiday period. I’m not sure what race it might end up in at Cheltenham, but he’s 22-1 (with enhancement) in the Hills ‘any race’ market.

Comment

Originally posted by Eggs View Post
                      ....coincidentally, I posted this morning that Mark Howard (in his Sporting Life column) made Tower Bridge his ‘eye catcher of the week’ and suggested it could be one for the Paddy Power Chase at Leopardstown over the holiday period. I’m not sure what race it might end up in at Cheltenham, but he’s 22-1 (with enhancement) in the Hills ‘any race’ market.
                      I saw that too Eggs. I added Tower Bridge to the market at the weekend. Was hoping for a tad bigger ideally. And I would worry about his mark being blown with a good run over Christmas. Paddy Power Chase is a big old pot so no reason why they wouldn't target that over a festival race.

Comment

Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
                        The Close Brothers usually requires a bit of boot to win in my eyes. For me Beakstown would be one for the 3 mile handicap on day one of the Festival Plate over 2m 5f. Novices can do well in both those races too.
                        Brown advisory for sure I reckon.
                        He ended up trying his best novice there last year - Spirit of the games.
                        Although I do think he fancied bigger things from both horses and just didn't make the grade.

Fancied spiritofthegames for Saturday's Betvictor, but it's looking a very competitive race now, so pausing.

Comment

Mister blue sky (county hurdle)

They ran him over 2m4 today, but I'd be surprised if he's anything over than a 2 miler. He has kept very good company for such an inexperienced horse, he was on a mark of 144 before today, which could come down pretty quickly.

I'd feel with a drop in grade and a fast pace on, he'd be competitive in a handicap hurdle such as the county. If they can get his mark down. (Today will have helped)
                          Last edited by Scooby91; 12 November 2019, 07:36 PM.
                          https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                          Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

I’ve requested Off You Go, Speak Easy, Humble Hero, Galvin and Mister Blue Sky get added to the TWAR on Hills. Not sure when they will get added but will keep an eye out. I’m interested in backing Off You Go, Speak Easy and Galvin. I didn’t watch today’s race involving Speak Easy & Galvin, I listened to it on the radio and got the impression they tired in the last furlong but the jockeys didn’t push them and got them around safely??? Both horses may repeat the process soon to drop a few pounds to set themselves up for a decent handicap attempt possibly at the Festival

Comment

Ridersonthestorm? Touted last year in a few previews etc for the race A Plus Tard won but fell, transferred to Twiston-Davies from Taaffe, won on yard debut, I would guess the Johnny Henderson or The Plate would be the target if they ran it at the Fest

Comment

Windsor Avenue .... based on the amount of love he's getting in the JLT thread.... still more likely to end up in a handicap

Comment

Working...
                                X