Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Champion Bumper 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah Grand Sancy has had no cash out option for over a month now. I thought he was going chasing hence backing him in the Arkle market early so not sure if today’s race is for fitness, one last go at a big hurdle cash pot or connections have changed their minds about chasing this season

Comment

He’s already raced over hurdles, I had CashOut till that race but was too slow to cash

Comment

Originally posted by Craigy14 View Post
        He’s already raced over hurdles, I had CashOut till that race but was too slow to cash
        Yes you’re right, he fell in the race at Kempton a few weeks ago

Comment

They took Grand Sancy out of there arkle market after it ran over hurdles (I was watching race so cashed immediately in case of injury) got lucky.
          Not sure why energumene would be greyed out though.
          Although I did note that there is another horse of the same name been running in France on the all weather I think (as ATR mistakenly had this as the form of the Mullins horse) They've (ATR) since took it down.
          And (for those that don't know) if you used any part of a free bet on a B365 antepost then cash out will not be available

Comment

There's always the exception to prove the rule but I'd say that this was very early for Willie to be getting out his main hopes in the Champion Bumper.
            Last season, Blue Sari didn't appear until 24 January and the season before it was
            14/1 Tornado Flyer
            27/12 Carefully Selected
            13/1 Relegate
            26/12 Blackbow
            16/12 Colreevy

Comment

Originally posted by The King Pimm View Post
              Yeah Grand Sancy has had no cash out option for over a month now. I thought he was going chasing hence backing him in the Arkle market early so not sure if today’s race is for fitness, one last go at a big hurdle cash pot or connections have changed their minds about chasing this season
              They are going chasing with him. Just picking up easy/decent place money in the Elite.

Comment

Fakir was absolutely hammered in the betting.... few burnt fingers there including mine! Yard thought the world of him... wasn’t ridden right but still a bubble burst!

Comment

Race conditions:
                  It is for four, five and six-year-olds which have not run under any recognised Rules of Racing, except National Hunt Flat races, Irish National Hunt Flat races or French AQPS races. Horses are not to have run in more than four National Hunt Flat races and, before February 27, must have been placed first, second, third or fourth in such a race.

Comment

Bravemansgame
                    4g Brave Mansonnien - Genifique
                    John Dance & Bryan Drew
                    1(ptp)-
                    RPR 95p
                    Big, scopey baby, a beautiful individual who cost plenty at the sales but was never going to come cheap having won his only point-to-point very impressively. That performance meant he was the highest-rated four-year-old pointer in Ireland, whatever that amounts to. Has taken a while to get fit and is sure to improve for his debut, but everyone in the yard likes him, so do I. We took him to Wincanton for a racecourse gallop the other day and he’s about a week off a run.

Comment

Asterion Forlonge is entered in a bumper on Thursday. He’s one of the Mullins PtP recruits that never made the track last season. It will be interesting to see if they continue down the bumper route or use this as a pipe opener for hurdles.

The Big Getaway is also entered despite being placed in two bumpers last season. I was expecting him to go hurdling and put him up as an AB horse. As he’s built and bred for staying chases, I’m surprised he has a bumper entry.

Comment

Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
                        Asterion Forlonge is entered in a bumper on Thursday. He’s one of the Mullins PtP recruits that never made the track last season. It will be interesting to see if they continue down the bumper route or use this as a pipe opener for hurdles.

The Big Getaway is also entered despite being placed in two bumpers last season. I was expecting him to go hurdling and put him up as an AB horse. As he’s built and bred for staying chases, I’m surprised he has a bumper entry.

been waiting for him after I picked him up off last years dossier

Comment

Originally posted by jonthehammer View Post
                          been waiting for him after I picked him up off last years dossier
                          Wasn’t he Cheverley Park before? New owners?
                          Fat Jockey Patron (est. Jan 2021)

Comment

Originally posted by TigerRolllllll View Post
                            Wasn’t he Cheverley Park before? New owners?
                            Asterion Forlonge was never a Cheveley horse as far as I’m aware.

Comment

Any potential that Malone Road is sent down the champion bumper route if he does reappear around Christmas time? I think he still qualifies to do so..!

Comment

I’m not entirely sure on the qualification criteria but it would be very unusual for any half decent NH horse to spend two seasons in bumpers, after all they’re bred to jump.

Bumpers used to be used as an introduction to racing (UK), Ireland has historically placed greater value in these events but the inception of the champion bumper to the festival changed the mindset of some/most UK trainers, but ultimately their careers will be 6/7 years long and a second year in bumpers would be seen as a waste...

Comment

Working...
                                X