Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Champion Bumper 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just reading the Racing t.v news, and Joseph O'brien says ....
    " He won't be overaced this year , he's a horse i'd say , that we'd like to mind.
    I would never really have had it in my head that i would have wanted to go to cheltenham with him.
    I'm not going to say Definitely not .....etc. re Eric Bloodaxe.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigChaang View Post
      Just reading the Racing t.v news, and Joseph O'brien says ....
      " He won't be overaced this year , he's a horse i'd say , that we'd like to mind.
      I would never really have had it in my head that i would have wanted to go to cheltenham with him.
      I'm not going to say Definitely not .....etc. re Eric Bloodaxe.
      He said that beforehand too, seemes interested to give him a break now, and go straight for the champion bumper at PUNCHESTOWN
      https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
      Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Yes it look's that way Scooby .

Comment

• With EB winning again today, makes ferny hollows defeat by him (giving 3lb) look decent, considering the winner won’t be going to Cheltenham

Comment

• Gone back in on Ferny H at 25/1, Patricks interview after he won on Sharjah was interesting, he was still gutted to of got beat on Ferny the day before, I mentioned that i think it will turn out to be strong form and because there could be improvement to come I cant see him going off bigger than 25/1 on the day and its cash out with PP

Comment

• I think having to rely on horses you know are better not turning up weakens the case.

It's like backing Black Op for the RSA if Champ got injured. The form might still be good but it might not be clearo f anything else...

Ferny Hollow has 0 wins from 2... nothing like Envoi Allen.

Fair enough he's 25/1 now, pay your money and take your chance

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                I think having to rely on horses you know are better not turning up weakens the case.

It's like backing Black Op for the RSA if Champ got injured. The form might still be good but it might not be clearo f anything else...

Ferny Hollow has 0 wins from 2... nothing like Envoi Allen.

Fair enough he's 25/1 now, pay your money and take your chance
                Willie might not send him unless he wins one before cheltenham anyway.
                He likes them to earn a ticket.
                It's only the reputation and cheveley Park that might help get a run.

Comment

• Maybe right about Willie wanting to win before hand, but they will tell Willie if they want the horse to run and by Patricks reaction you have to think that he will want the horse to run. I suspect though he will run at Dublin but even if he loses the owners will surely want him to run if hes got a half a chance. Great bet at 25/1 on the back of this weekends run hes already shown enough ability to be involved in the finish in a normal bumper year.

Comment

• No one tells Willie what to run.
                    If they try - It'll only mean he'll not be happy with his work when it suits.

Comment

• Bit of a worry PP are 25/1 I suppose, but nice boost for FH today.

Comment

• Nothing will worry POP

Comment

• I’ve backed Grand Roi at this at 40s... 6/4 tomorrow and if he were to win that surely the price would plummet

Comment

• Cant see him going here, im a syndicate member and we bring horses along slowly with a view to selling them (as per the rules of the syndicate) in May. Its all about educating them and not over facing them so the bumper and the Triumph for a horse with so little experience would be very unusual.
                            Last edited by billymag; 31 December 2019, 03:30 PM.

Comment

• Why not Billy?

Comment

• Just edited above

Comment

Working...
                                X