Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Melbourne Cup 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Melbourne Cup 2019

Like last year B365 very generously priced in this race.
    backed
    True Self 100-1
    Downdraft 100-1

The news over night about possible none runners is potentially useful as both these need a few to come out before saturday. Vets will look at all horses in next two days.
    Both have a lot going for them and Trues self ran a good race in australia recently behind prince of arran and was not penalised like he was for a head defeat, and she also ran a good race in the ebor where she may just have got to the front too soon. This is unlikely to happen if she gets into this race due to the shorter straight.
    If either get in the race and get a good draw. I'd expect them to be in with a better shout than 100-1 shots.

Will likely back one of the three year olds after final decs as I like that angle this time of year.
    The japanese horses look good this year also.

Marmelo out according to Sporting Life , but the Trainer appealing .
    Think i'm going to back Prince of Arran ,.@ 16-1 at the moment , won the Geelong cup,
    which bodes well ... apparently !.

Comment

I took a bit of a punt that downdraft would get a run here when he missed the Ebor. The plan had likely to been to head out to Australia and possibly run in a prep race to make sure of a run in the cup itself. He came 3rd last week looking like he needs this step up in trip. It’s looking increasingly likely that he’s going to get in after the recent ispolini/marmelo fiasco. I’ve just been sneaking a couple of quid on the exchange at 110/100/90s/80s/75 etc. And also the place market over the last month. I’d be a very happy man if He gets a good draw

Comment

Backed Steel Prince 85's & 80's on the exchanges, plus to place at 18.5's.

Comment

I've had a small interest on Mirage Dancer at 33/1 EW. Cant see the justification for the difference in his price and Constantinople after the Caulfield Cup tbh.

He's always looked a horse who would relish 2m to me as well.

Comment

I’ve got 28/1 CONSTANTINOPLE from initial entries. Happy with his performance in CC, given the jockey wasted to do the weight then rode a rotten race.

Hope change of jockey helps, and he gets a fair or favourable draw.
            Last edited by Saxon Warrior; 3 November 2019, 08:57 AM.
            "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

Originally posted by Stormy Antarctic View Post
              I took a bit of a punt that downdraft would get a run here when he missed the Ebor. The plan had likely to been to head out to Australia and possibly run in a prep race to make sure of a run in the cup itself. He came 3rd last week looking like he needs this step up in trip. It’s looking increasingly likely that he’s going to get in after the recent ispolini/marmelo fiasco. I’ve just been sneaking a couple of quid on the exchange at 110/100/90s/80s/75 etc. And also the place market over the last month. I’d be a very happy man if He gets a good draw
              assuming he passes vet test, looks like we get a run for our money.
              and stall 15 ain't too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by quevega View Post
                assuming he passes vet test, looks like we get a run for our money.
                and stall 15 ain't too bad.
                The only concern would be that they ran him yesterday morning and it’s a quick turnaround. JOB quoted saying ‘he was confident that if he ran well today then he could back up’
                The stables current form should also give us optimism. Iridessa was excellent last night.

Comment

Raymond Tusk for me

Comment

Bets are on ... prince of Arran @ 16-1. , Surprise baby @ 12-1.

Comment

Originally posted by charlie View Post
                      Raymond Tusk for me
                      Are there any Raymond Tusk shareholders on here? We did have a couple of Middleham Park members a while ago....I think.

I like him as well Charlie

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                        Are there any Raymond Tusk shareholders on here? We did have a couple of Middleham Park members a while ago....I think.

I like him as well Charlie
                        Yeh that Ebor run was properly eye catching. Thirteenth turning in and absolutely cruising. Approaching the last 400m Spencer hasn't moved on Raymond Tusk and when he asks he finds plenty to finish 4th. Ideal run coming into this IMO

Comment

Originally posted by BigChaang View Post
                          Bets are on ... prince of Arran @ 16-1. , Surprise baby @ 12-1.
                          added Vow and Declare today... that's the 1st,2nd and 3rd then ... in my dreams!!

Comment

Gone for Mustajeer & Il Paradiso also
                            Looks wide open to me.
                            Hopefully Downdraft wins though

backed raymond on tote thing, might be bigger price on that, although there's a lot of Raymond's in Australia.
                            Last edited by Quevega; 4 November 2019, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Mustajeer and Raymond Tusk for me.

Early night for me and I'll get up to watch it.

Comment

Working...
                              X