Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2735363738 LastLast
    I listened to the podcast Tom Segal was on and his point was kind of that the Grand National fences now are easier to jump than they were.

I think he said "Elegant Escape would have had no chance before the changes were made".... and then went on to tip him for a Welsh Grand National.

He did say too before that, that if he could jump he'd be a Gold Cup player.

I don't think Tom Segal has any loyal followers on this forum, and if he does they keep pretty quiet.

I pray that colin Tizzard isnt so stupid to send the champ to the welsh national.

Asking this horse to become the highest rated welsh national winner in history will end the Legends season.

If Tizzard runs him at Chepstow then he wont win the gold cup, he will turn up tired again in March. Im laying all cash back on the champ if they dare to ruin his season for a race that he has already won.

The best result for Elegant Escape in terms of the gold cup would be if he fell at the first and got up fine. Then went home and chilled til March.

Im sure Tizzard isnt so stupid to send him back to Chepstow.

What's his record fresh like (can't be bothered looking back or checking).

He could feasibly run in the Welsh National and be alright if they give him a good break after it and not run in at the end of Jan?

The trend that you have to run in the calender year got dismantled recently too

Top Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by ELEGANTLY TASTED View Post
    Asking this horse to become the highest rated welsh national winner in history will end the Legends season.
    Carvill's Hill won the Welsh National off 172 by 20l from Party Politics (received 19lb and went on to win the Grand National less than 4 months later) and was able to win at Leopardstown in his next race before Jenny Pitman sabotaged his Gold Cup bid.

The welsh national destroyed Elegant Escapes season last year. Never the same horse after it.

Tizzards horse is Mister Malarky in the welsh national. Tizzard has won 2 of the last 3 runnings with a 6yo. Mister Malarky is the 6yo heŕe. They have been trying to drop his mark with the poor Ascot run and then the poor Ladbrokes Trophy run. I thought they may have been aiming him at The Ladbrokes but he was kept wide and never asked to get into it. They have dropped him 2lb to 148 after Newbury and the 16/1 is probably quite generous as Im certain he is the one being targeted for Welsh National glory. Probably go off favourite on the day.

The King George needs a King thats why the King George needs King Elegant Escape.

Mister Malarkey not going to Welsh National.

Elegant Escape will run off 160 not new mark of 164 if he does go to Chepstow.
    Native River carrying top weight with a rating of 167 allows EE to carry 11-5.

I still wont be happy if they go here.

Top Amateur
    He doesn't have a hope in a King George though Potato.

Top Amateur
    I think that he's been taken out of the KG at the latest forfeit stage.